Will We Regret It? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Will We Regret It?

Exactly, don't know why some can't see that.
They might think this takes us out of the franchise QB search in 2020.

It's a valid concern, and I respect that position.

However, I feel we are all in on Fromm, Herbert, Tua, or whoever emerges as the top QB prospect next year if Rosen doesn't look like a potential franchise QB this season.

Agreed, Ryan Fitzpatrick has had steadily improving ratings outside of the AFC east. Fitz had a 63 QBR Rosen 26. My fear is that Rosen won't see the field next year because Fitz is going to eat him up in camp and win us 4-6 games.

This was the only concern I bought up in the thread speculating we may trade for Rosen. The question becomes how do you handle this thing with Fitz? I think in a straight up open competition Fitz would beat him out. Moreso, because of Fitz experience at the position.

Assuming it's an open competition and Fitz wins out and Fitz doesn't get hurt during the season then how are you going to realistically evaluate Rosen?

That's the dilemma. You have to know what you have in him before next year's draft rolls around. In either case if you're in shot of say someone like Tua how do you not take him? The only way you don't is if Rosen absolutely balls out. How are you going to find that out if he isn't playing a respectable amount of games this season?

We got a top 10 QB for a 2nd that was 2 picks away from the 3rd round, and he is costing us like 6 million cause the Cardinals already paid him 17 million. If he sucks, so what you didnt spend much for him, and we draft a QB early next year. If he works out then we got a franchise QB cheap. You people scream we need a QB but no one out there is ever good enough, there is something wrong with Rosen, Haskins, Lock, Jones.... If he sucks then good we get a high pick next year. Just chill out and hope for once we found the right staff

Guess I don't get why a 2019 second round pick has such incredible value and the 2020 one we picked up isn't even mentioned. Bottom line, we traded a fourth and fifth for Rosen and a sixth.

If the Patriots made that trade, we'd be talking about how great it was. We make it, people are crying in their beer.

Personally I didn't want Rosen last year and would rather Miami have used that pick then drafted Grier in the 3rd.

But I accept Miami rarely does what I think is best for the team. We would have had a much better team :) Of course every fan thinks that. So it is what it is.

I thought trading back to get a 2nd next year and then using that pick was pretty well played.

However I think Miami could have just offered the 3rd and no 5th next year and that would have gotten the deal done. I think the Cards would have taken almost anything just to get him off the team. If the Cards turned it down so be it.

Rosen isn't going to be a top 10 QB so best hope is he embraces backup role as Miami drafts their franchise QB next year.

But what if he actually IS a good QB?

Im still working this out myself here, maybe even trying to convince myself...

But you know, Rosen might actually be the guy. Wouldnt THAT be nice?

I'll be rooting for him. Cant wait for practices to start. He DOES throw a pretty nice spiral.

I think the only way we regret this move is if the coaching staff is extremely stupid and starts Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Grier must now follow up on this excellent move by immediately cutting Fitzpatrick and leaving the staff with no choice in the matter.

Do you think keeping Fitzpatrick as a mentor would work?

Can someone explain the logic on this board for me? We trade with the Saints for next years second, and people complain that, as the Saints are always competitive, their second is essentially a high third. Then we trade a low second (which by that logic is essentially a “high third”) and people say we should only have traded a third for Rosen. I’m confused.

This was the only concern I bought up in the thread speculating we may trade for Rosen. The question becomes how do you handle this thing with Fitz? I think in a straight up open competition Fitz would beat him out. Moreso, because of Fitz experience at the position.

Assuming it's an open competition and Fitz wins out and Fitz doesn't get hurt during the season then how are you going to realistically evaluate Rosen?

That's the dilemma. You have to know what you have in him before next year's draft rolls around. In either case if you're in shot of say someone like Tua how do you not take him? The only way you don't is if Rosen absolutely balls out. How are you going to find that out if he isn't playing a respectable amount of games this season?

Correct, it's a big dilemma because the Dolphins never go all in on a plan. The plan was to build the trenches and get our QB next year. I see a no win scenario where if Rosen starts and tanks, they have to sub him and Fitz will add some wins. Fitz starts and we won't be out of playoff contention until we're about 5-7.

Can someone explain the logic on this board for me? We trade with the Saints for next years second, and people complain that, as the Saints are always competitive, their second is essentially a high third. Then we trade a low second (which by that logic is essentially a “high third”) and people say we should only have traded a third for Rosen. I’m confused.
Sounds like different people's opinions.

Some people seem to think next year's Qb class are all guaranteed franchise Qb's that will win it for the team. They are no more likely to succeed than any Qb taken in previous drafts. If Rosen is smart enough to learn th game book and follows directions he has as a good chance to succeed. The Patriots win because everyone knows what they are supposed to do, not because they are franchise players at all positions. "Know Your Job" is what they live by. Run the right routes, make the right block, etc. That's how they win as a "team". It's like a machine. If every component works correctly the machine will get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom