Wilson & Amendola + 4th round pick = Landry | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wilson & Amendola + 4th round pick = Landry

I have absolutely no clue what The Trifecta is doing with these moves.

I totally get them not being interested in bringing back Landry at that price -- or at all if his attitude was that big a problem -- but they could have re-signed Landry a year ago for the money they've just shelled out on this position. And while Jakeem Grant showed he's ready for a bigger role in 2018, we still needed to add a wide receiver at some point...but TWO? And those two? And Wilson at that price? And a 32-year-old Amendola after you break the bank for Wilson? If Amendola makes the 53-man roster out of training camp, one of those three is going to be inactive on Sundays.

If there's a logic to these moves, Carroo will need to play his a-- off in training camp to stay in the league (doubtful in Miami) plus Parker and Stills are playing this season for one job in 2019.

So signing 2 receivers means Miami is trying to emulate the pats?

Umm yeah, how many 5'10 slot receivers do we have now? Seems to me that Gase wants to run the dink and dunk bubble screen to the 'High Football IQ" slot guys similar to NE.

Am I missing something here, because the new league year doesn’t start until 4:00 pm ET on Wednesday, March 14th?

Which makes it even more incredible that the answer is already "no" before it even started.

Umm yeah, how many 5'10 slot receivers do we have now? Seems to me that Gase wants to run the dink and dunk bubble screen to the 'High Football IQ" slot guys similar to NE.

Great strategy if we can just get Brady and Belicheck now.

We just have to see what happens. 1 lucky pick at 11 could change everything. If we get a superstar franchise QB at 11 a lot can change.

Amendola, Wilson, Parker and Stills would be locks for a roster spot in 2018. I guess for now it's Carroo, Grant and Ford fighting for a 5th and maybe 6th spot.

What woulda Landry have taken? I missed that part. Let me know when he gets a deal done before he gets 55 catches next year with Cleveland

I'd bet my salary he has significantly more catches than that, close to 1000 yard's if not more, and improves his YPC substantially in Cleveland.

let's see we traded our best offensive player for pennies and cut our best defensive player while eating $22m over the next two years to play elsewhere. so you say, maybe we are rebuilding and trying to fix a cap disaster...but then wonder why, despite having obvious cap issues they are trying to address, we keep our former Pro Bowl C who is a shell of himself with two bad hips and can't practice. being confused by this you remember we trade for a big contract pass rusher with injury concerns. bizarre. then sign two receivers to deals totaling the amount we would have paid our best offensive player to come back, and make no effort to re-sign our best kicker we have had in nearly a decade who grew up a Dolphins fan of all things. to date our best move has been resigning a core special teams player that is a total liability if asked to play defense. i have never been more lost by offseason moves in my 33 years of being a Dolphins fan.

I think you’re forgetting Miami offered him 13.5 million.

They actually offered him that.

We don't know for sure what was offered and what was demanded. Even if the most common report, that he wanted 15, you really think 1 million is worth replacing Landry with these two?

Another way to look at is two players - Amendola + Wilson - for the production of one player - Landry - but if one goes down to injury, God forbid, there is still another one so depth wins in the scenario if nothing else. Amendola is a good punt returner so we get value that way as well.

Are you kidding? It's totally ah-mazing! Now wonder the Miami Dolphin football franchise is the envy
of the league! No wonder every other team lusts over the cerebral dominance of our FO!

Seriously.
Are you kidding!?

...we’re talkin' stupid bowl -- 'cause we're the my yammie flounder...

BNF

When has evaluating a team on paper done anything except give someone a chance to express their opinion? People, some who are educated and very articulate, evaluate our off-season moves. They give their opinion and grades on trades, FA signings, and draft picks. However, even with all their expertise It usually doesn't mean squat. We've been judged the paper champions before as well as off-season losers. Human nature and team chemistry are tricky things and how well we play together is hard to predict. Let's see how things play out. Who knows, we might actually like what we see.

Wouldn't it have been better to Sign Andrew Norwell and sign a bargain basement WR or draft one as oppose to signing 2 slot WR's? Isn't keeping Tanne healthy and upright kind of important? The trenches they matter I coulda sworn i read that somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom