Wishful hoping but what if Dallas messes up negotiations with Dak Prescott and he becomes available in Free Agency? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wishful hoping but what if Dallas messes up negotiations with Dak Prescott and he becomes available in Free Agency?

Jared Goff isn’t carried like he’s a top 5 qb. For some reason Dak is. Why? I don’t know.

that dude came back down to earth the last 6 weeks of the season

Carr’s not very good either feels like the raiders are finally ready to move on from that and staffords never been considered top 5 even for a sniff

Last edited:
I mean I don't think he's awful but the 2 biggest reasons I don't want him.

1. I want a QB on a rookie deal for 5 years while we build a team.
2. He's not worth what he's going to get.

I feel like Dak would be a ticket to good but never good enough. I don't want to be there,

I agree with both those things...

I think Dak's a borderline top 10 QB in the league, truly. If I'm paying out a QB contract, I probably want top 5 because you're paying out the nose for either.

I don't know if Prescott is an idiot or not, but if he is, I'm sure he's got smarter people telling him to re-sign with Dallas. Any perceived success he's had as a QB is due to his OLine and that "feed me" RB.

I don’t understand the Dak hate on this forum. I think that the way that the team is rebuilding, having a QB on a 5 year rookie contract is important. That being said, Dak is better than any QB that we’ve had since Marino and better than a lot of QBs in this league. He threw for 30 TD and a hair under 5k yards this year. Those are Marino numbers. Their offensive line isn’t elite anymore. It’s still good but it’s not too 5 anymore. They do have a top RB, but don’t penalize him for that. There are few QBs in this league who are great without any sort of capable running game.
QBs all make too much in their second and 3rd deal. There are probably 2 or 3 QBs who are worth what they are getting paid.
I’m just saying that if whichever QB we draft turns out to play and win like Dak, the entire fan base would be super happy.

I don’t understand the Dak hate on this forum. I think that the way that the team is rebuilding, having a QB on a 5 year rookie contract is important. That being said, Dak is better than any QB that we’ve had since Marino and better than a lot of QBs in this league. He threw for 30 TD and a hair under 5k yards this year. Those are Marino numbers. Their offensive line isn’t elite anymore. It’s still good but it’s not too 5 anymore. They do have a top RB, but don’t penalize him for that. There are few QBs in this league who are great without any sort of capable running game.
QBs all make too much in their second and 3rd deal. There are probably 2 or 3 QBs who are worth what they are getting paid.
I’m just saying that if whichever QB we draft turns out to play and win like Dak, the entire fan base would be super happy.
While you make a good argument, I still do not want him as the Dolphins QB. The Dolphins are 2 to 3 years from being a legitimate playoff contender and I would rather see them bring in a young QB to build the team around. I just don’t see Dak having any success on a team with Miami‘s roster at this time. As I stated previously, you could have put Fritzpatrick on the Cowboys this past season and he could have put up similar stats to Dak with that offense.

Dak is okay but the Dolphins need a QB going forward who will be great, not just okay.

I’m definitely not saying that I’d prefer Dak. I would rather draft a young QB and develop him as the team develops. I’m just saying that Dak is probably somewhere between QB 7 and QB 12. He’s a very good young QB and I’ve seen people trash him like he’s Blake Bortles.

Hey we can DREAM.....
A QB who has a dominant o-line, exceptional running game, above average WR's has the nerve to perform "above average". I've seen that movie before...in Tennessee, minus the coaching canyon separating Vrabel and Garrett. I've gotten all I can out of the experience.

Back
Top Bottom