With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot?

I think he's in danger. Not only is he an injury risk, but he doesn't play STs. I think Hollins has a better chance of being on the roster as it is now...who knows....Two would be starters could both have injuries in TC. But if we go down to the last cuts with these same guys, if you aren't in the first 11 on offense and defense, it helps to be a signifcant contributor on STs.

No idea if he will stick, but I love the competition we will have. Let the best man win!

I think Flo will give him another year to see if he makes strides toward his potential.

Besides injuries he isnā€™t technically sound...footing, basket catching, and jumping unnecessarily.

Unfortunately his highlight reel is almost exclusively from his first preseason game catching errant Josh Rosen throws.

Gauranteed? No. He has to work. I'd love it if he makes it. Means he put in that work but, our WR room is tough. Think the only "guarantees", are Devante Parker(if not traded), Will Fuller, Jaylen Waddle and Lynn Bowden. We got 2 spots.

I agree with the people saying only waddle and fuller are guaranteed. After that I see it as Preston and then Parker. Bowden and Wilson would be the fringe players to worry about.

I agree with the people saying only waddle and fuller are guaranteed. After that I see it as Preston and then Parker. Bowden and Wilson would be the fringe players to worry about.
Parker is guaranteed look at his contract and cap hit

I think Flo will give him another year to see if he makes strides toward his potential.

Besides injuries he isnā€™t technically sound...footing, basket catching, and jumping unnecessarily.

Unfortunately his highlight reel is almost exclusively from his first preseason game catching errant Josh Rosen throws.
The Arizona game (we won) that he was unstoppable until his foot (after a TD)?

I would absolutely keep Williams. His game is still under construction but thereā€™s talent that we are mid-stream on developing. Stay the course. He can be an outstanding weapon in the red zone.

I will not be shocked if they try to work with him to contribute as a gunner on specials. If he could actually do that, it would alleviate a roster crunch where we would not have to roster Foster or Hollins.

Parker is guaranteed look at his contract and cap hit
Maybe you can trade him. His base salary is only 7.7M for another team (for us he's a cap hit of 12m). Preston on the other hand has a cap hit of 850k. Parker is not 12x more valuable than Preston, So my statement still stands. If you want to say Parker is guaranteed then Preston is too, then Fuller, Waddle, Preston and Parker are all guaranteed.

I rather keep Wilson than Williams. Better all around.

Are you referring the game I said was his best game?

If so, it was against Atlanta. He made 3 exceptional catches...

sorry. i thought you said his only highlights were from a rosen preseason game, so i asked what about the arizona game last season when he was dominating prior to breaking his foot (or whatever happened to it).

I personally would like to see Preston on the roster. I think he fits the scheme our offense is going to run. Itā€™s not necessarily going to come down to best player so much as it comes down to match ups and personnel. I do not think Parker fits exactly what weā€™re trying to do but he will be a solid possession receiver alongside Bowden next season

Personally, I would like to see Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Williams, Bowden, and either one of Grant or Foster on the team.

Grant adds another dimension in the flat now that we have legitimate deep threats clearing out defenders and Waddle drawing a lot of attention underneath as well. Someone is going to have the ball in space or be open deep.

Foster is intriguing because he has incredible big play ability in an offense with a Qb who earned his reputation completing big plays throughout his college career. He hasnā€™t stuck anywhere yet. Maybe itā€™s because he doesnā€™t block or he has Ted Ginn jr hands. But the potential is real.

We will also have Long or Gesicki running down the seams or breaking off the line late. RBs who can get out as a dump off option. And again, most likely with space. Teams arenā€™t going to be able to sit in the 15 yard box against us next season. I canā€™t wait to see how the roster shakes out. And I canā€™t wait to see how the players effect the scheme and the scheme effects the production.

I am confident that our staff has a plan and they are going to go with the guys who can bring that plan to fruition.

Back
Top Bottom