With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With his injury history is preston guaranteed a spot?

I Like Preston. He has a great skill set, but, he hasn't finished a season in 2 yrs. With the deph at wr, is he guaranteed a spot? Especially since the FO has no problems releasing/cutting players. Does he even deserve to be on the team seeing as his availability has been limited?
Being that his own teamate came in and smashed his foot as a reward for scoring a TD, the fkn injuries should be Zero factor. Parker's injuries are much more maddening and feel more avoidable.

I personally would like to see Preston on the roster. I think he fits the scheme our offense is going to run. It’s not necessarily going to come down to best player so much as it comes down to match ups and personnel. I do not think Parker fits exactly what we’re trying to do but he will be a solid possession receiver alongside Bowden next season

Personally, I would like to see Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Williams, Bowden, and either one of Grant or Foster on the team.

Grant adds another dimension in the flat now that we have legitimate deep threats clearing out defenders and Waddle drawing a lot of attention underneath as well. Someone is going to have the ball in space or be open deep.

Foster is intriguing because he has incredible big play ability in an offense with a Qb who earned his reputation completing big plays throughout his college career. He hasn’t stuck anywhere yet. Maybe it’s because he doesn’t block or he has Ted Ginn jr hands. But the potential is real.

We will also have Long or Gesicki running down the seams or breaking off the line late. RBs who can get out as a dump off option. And again, most likely with space. Teams aren’t going to be able to sit in the 15 yard box against us next season. I can’t wait to see how the roster shakes out. And I can’t wait to see how the players effect the scheme and the scheme effects the production.

I am confident that our staff has a plan and they are going to go with the guys who can bring that plan to fruition.
Didnt Foster just Scorch our vastly-overpaid CB Jones in Week 17?

Didnt Foster just Scorch our vastly-overpaid CB Jones in Week 17?
His rookie year he scored on us. He averaged 20yds per catch that season on 27 receptions or something like that. Week 17 last year The WFT threw him in and he had a 28 yd catch. He didn’t play most of the season. Only 2 games really.

Just keep him between him Parker and Fuller we might get 13 or 14 games where two of them are heathy.

I hope over the next 2-3 seasons Miami figures out a way to replace Parker and Preston.

So unreliable And inconsistent.

I like how Flo assembled the WR group. On paper, it is top tier in the league.
But why it has to be everyone has injury concern.
I mean everyone, Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Williams, Grant, Wilson.... can we just get a healthy WR for gods sake.

I like how Flo assembled the WR group. On paper, it is top tier in the league.
But why it has to be everyone has injury concern.
I mean everyone, Fuller, Parker, Waddle, Williams, Grant, Wilson.... can we just get a healthy WR for gods sake.

There's no realm of existence where Miami has a top tier WR group.

Way to many hands in camp this year not to have your cleats churning grass. Get active or get gone!

I think so, unless he is hurt in training camp. I like him as option #4 much more than #2.

Just keep Wilkins away from Williams and he'll be fine. Remember it was Wilkins that jumped on Williams after a TD that I always suspected caused the injury or at the very least worsened it. Williams was balling out with Tua in the Zona game where he got hurt. He and Tua were unstoppable. Go watch tape if you don't recall. He's 6'5" and 220 so he makes a big target. It looked like he and Tua had something special going.

I think the only WRs with a guaranteed spot are Fuller and Waddle.

My prediction is Miami keeps the above mentioned as well as Parker, Bowden, Williams and Wilson.
What about Robert Foster...Wilson’s gone...waddle gets your jet sweeps...

Maybe you can trade him. His base salary is only 7.7M for another team (for us he's a cap hit of 12m). Preston on the other hand has a cap hit of 850k. Parker is not 12x more valuable than Preston, So my statement still stands. If you want to say Parker is guaranteed then Preston is too, then Fuller, Waddle, Preston and Parker are all guaranteed.
That's not how the salary cap works. Parker's cap number will keep him on the roster.

PW performance may or may not get him on the roster. There is no longer any "development" potential with him. Its about how good he is now. PW, Robert Foster, Lynn Bowden, Mack Hollins, Jamal Perry, Kirk Merritt are all making less than 1 million a year.

I have no idea how good any of these guys will be on STs this year...But at WR, we have Parker, Fuller, and Waddle as locks. The other 3 guys will come from Wilson, Hurns, Jakeem, Williams, Bowden, Foster, Hollins, Perry and Merritt. That's 9 guys battling for 4 spots.

Preston Williams needs to be the clear #4 to make the team. If I am guessing, and I am, I think Wilson is getting that spot. After the fourth guy, I thinks STs is going to dictate who makes the roster. That elevates Mack IMO.

So I am guessing Parker, Waddle, Hunt, Fuller, and Hollins are penciled in. The staff last year really liked Lynn Bowden. That's six. Is Preston better than Allen Hurns? TC will tell us. The last two spots on the WR position are going to be tough competition.

Last edited:
I honestly don't think Williams is very good even when healthy. He can make some plays but he's not consistent and while his hands aren't bad statistically he drops the easiest passes that could be good gains.

If his salary wasn't so low I'd have cut him already. That said, he makes the team.

I honestly don't think Williams is very good even when healthy. He can make some plays but he's not consistent and while his hands aren't bad statistically he drops the easiest passes that could be good gains.

If his salary wasn't so low I'd have cut him already. That said, he makes the team.
If he doesn't stop dropping easy passes, he is not going to make the team. Its the most competitive position on the roster.

I have never been that high on Willisms because of his frequent drops and his inability to stay on the field. I could see him perhaps making it as the 5th or 6th WR simply because his contract is much less than Hurns, Wilson and even Grant.

If he does make the team, I don’t see him getting much playing time with Parker, Fuller, Waddle, Bowden, and either Wilson or Hurns ahead of him on the depth chart.

Back
Top Bottom