With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year.

Watson will win some games, but can't imagine them winning more than 7-8 as they're likely the third beat team in the AFC South as it stands.

Wish he would demand a trade. I'd give them the haul we got from them, and more.

I agree. But Deshaun Watson willed Houston to several wins last year. So I never will discount the Texans. But yes, on paper they look to be a team that could go 8 - 8, potentially netting Miami a top 10- 15 pick in 2021.

Hopkins always played a critical role in Watson’s success. They had great chemistry on the field. With their current receiving core I honestly have no idea how they will move the ball. Stills, Fuller and Coutee fill pretty much the same role. Cobb is a trending downwards slot receiver. They lost D.J. Reader to the Bengals (top tier NT). I honestly blame their owner for not immediately firing O’Brien after the KC loss. The dude is a terrible HC and somehow an even worse GM.

I would say they’re definitely going to finish at least 3rd in the south. Colts and Titans should be better. Just depends on what Jacksonville does to bump Houston to last place.

Texans will go at least 11-5. One WR won’t make that much of a difference. Plus they can draft a very good WR in the second round and pay him 5% of what they would’ve had to pay Hopkins. Plus Fuller, Stills, Cobb, etc... they’ll be very good.

Texans will go at least 11-5. One WR won’t make that much of a difference. Plus they can draft a very good WR in the second round and pay him 5% of what they would’ve had to pay Hopkins. Plus Fuller, Stills, Cobb, etc... they’ll be very good.
He was one of the best WRs in the league so it's definitely a big difference. Also he was traded because Bill O'Brien pushed him out due to his overall influence on the locker room. Internally, they're going to have a lot of issues next year I think. Will that affect their WL record? Dunno, but it won't help.

Where did being a top 5 recorder get Cleveland, Atlanta, Dallas?
He was one of the best WRs in the league so it's definitely a big difference. Also he was traded because Bill O'Brien pushed him out due to his overall influence on the locker room. Internally, they're going to have a lot of issues next year I think. Will that affect their WL record? Dunno, but it won't help.
Where did being a top 5 receiver get Cleveland, Atlanta, Dallas? Hopkins is great no doubt but so is Watson and the Texans team overall.

Guys with the bone headed move of sending Hopkins to Arizona we might have a top 8 to 10 pick from the Texans next year. I don;t think their coach/GM knows what in the hell he is doing!!
Isn't the GM the coach too?

Time for Laremy Tunsil to hold out. There really is no point to him showing absent a new deal.

He has more leverage than any player in recent memory.

So because a top 5 receiver can't carry an entire football team, he doesn't have a big impact? Huh? That's quite the logical leap.
Who said he couldn't have a big impact? I am saying Houston won't suck because they don't have Hopkins. Next man up. They have a good team, 3 other good recovers plus whoever they draft. Folks are jumping to the conclusionthat they'll be no better than 3rd in their division and no.better than 8-8. Trust me, I'm hoping they go 1-15 but I think they'll be 10-6 to 11-5

Who said he couldn't have a big impact? I am saying Houston won't suck because they don't have Hopkins. Next man up. They have a good team, 3 other good recovers plus whoever they draft. Folks are jumping to the conclusionthat they'll be no better than 3rd in their division and no.better than 8-8. Trust me, I'm hoping they go 1-15 but I think they'll be 10-6 to 11-5
Well said. They do have a good team. And probably win a lot of games. But the players are not happy about the trade of Hopkins. Sometimes team chemistry or lack there of can kill a teams on field performance. Let's just hope the Texans somehow under achieve and nets Miami a better than expected 1st round draft pick in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom