With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

With the way Houston is trending they might have a top ten pick next year.

We said this about Pitt and that pick turned out to be #18.......I'm hoping Houston had a horrible year of course but we'll see what happens. I just hope we don't trade away those picks we got from them

Where did being a top 5 recorder get Cleveland, Atlanta, Dallas?

Where did being a top 5 receiver get Cleveland, Atlanta, Dallas? Hopkins is great no doubt but so is Watson and the Texans team overall.

You can literally say this about any elite player at any position that's stuck on a bad team/mediocre team.

What did having an elite top 5 DE get Cleveland? Chargers? Arizona?

What did having an elite top 10 HB get Cleveland? Panthers? Dallas?

What did having a top 5 QB in Dan Marino get Miami? As many super bowls as the Browns have had in the last 17 years.

Who said he couldn't have a big impact? I am saying Houston won't suck because they don't have Hopkins. Next man up. They have a good team, 3 other good recovers plus whoever they draft. Folks are jumping to the conclusionthat they'll be no better than 3rd in their division and no.better than 8-8. Trust me, I'm hoping they go 1-15 but I think they'll be 10-6 to 11-5

I get your point, but Hopkins required the opponent's #1 CB. With him gone, Houston's #2 WR (2019) now draws the opponent's #1 CB, the #3 CB (2019) now draws the opponent's #2 CB, blah, blah. I'm not arguing Houston doesn't have a good WR corps, nor, that they won't be productive. But, I can't see them being AS productive.

don't for a second under estimate what hopkins (legit top wr in the league) did as far as opening up those other guys and making watson's life so much easier

that team is going to drop off, major...especially if johnson misses some time

they will not get to the playoffs, and it looks like bill o brien is on the way out if what he said about hopkins is true (reported on ESPN)

that team even with Watson is looking like a top 15 pick and has an outside chance at top 5 or 10 if another wheel falls off

I don't expect Houston to be bottom dwellers at all. Probably won't make the playoffs, but I don't think they will be a bottom 3 overall type team. Sure nice if they were though.

I think the Texans will still win 10 games next year and the pick the Dolphins receive in the 2021 draft will be in the 20’s. While Hopkins certainly will be missed in their offense, they still have one of the best QB’s in the NFL and a very good defense.
I don’t see the Colts improving next year with Rivers at QB because he just isn’t that good anymore. I think Tannehill will revert to the Tannehill he was in Miami and therefore I still think the Texans will win the AFC South division.

This draft is deep with WRs. I think Houston thinks they can get away with drafting one instead of paying top dollar for one already on their roster.

I think top 10 is a little wishful thinking for us but I would not want us to use their first in 2021 in any trade up scenario. I would be giving up 26 or 18 this year, before that one.

Back
Top Bottom