Worst Dolphin QBs of all time | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Dolphin QBs of all time

In that game against the Colts, Griese was 18 of 29 for 231 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs. Those aren't bad numbers. T-Buck picked off Peyton Manning and ran it back within the Colts' 20 yard line to set us up for the go-ahead score. The next play, which was the play that lost the game for us, was when Wade Smith and Ricky Williams totally whiffed on Dwight Freeney, who blindsided Griese and tomahawked the ball out. I don't blame Griese for that.

Wade Manatee smith messed that game up for us. Griese was servisable with a crappy offensive line.

I remember when people on here were trying to convince me how great A.J. Feeley was!

Oh yeah, those were the good old days...LOL. I remember one gentleman on this board saying that "anyone who has any real football knowledge can see that A.J. Feeley is a potential franchise quarterback" :rolleyes:

Well my vote would probably still have to go to Culpepper. Followed by Lucas. For his experience Culpepper should have been smarter and better than what he was.

I see some on here have said things about Pederson. I don't think Pederson was bad he was young and excited to be playing. And when he was sent to green bay he really matured and looked better the few times I had seen him come in for Brett.

And as for the first few Qb's like Dick Wood and Rick Norton. Well being first Qb's on expansion team is rough on every team. Plus had they played great we may never have seen Shula or Griese or 72 season. So I don't count them. If anything I am glad they brought us what they did. They paved the way for some great teams . And a great coach.

Excellent point. I was astounded to see how confused Daunte looked when he played last year. He looked like a rookie QB/deer in headlights, not "an elite quarterback" who had played in the league for seven years.

Joey Harrington actully had the single worst game by a Dolphins QB where he registered a wopping 0.0 QB rating. 5/17 for 20 yards and 2 INTs, ouch!

Excellent point. I was astounded to see how confused Daunte looked when he played last year. He looked like a rookie QB/deer in headlights, not "an elite quarterback" who had played in the league for seven years.

Yeah when we first got Daunte. I will admit I was somewhat excited. He did have a strong arm and was able to move around to make plays. But all he did was disappoint. And I think it showed he isn't the type of Qb we needed.

Yep. And I was at the very next home game when Steve Deburg lead us to victory over the patsies. It sucked because my parents ordered the tickets over the summer(I was still a teen then) and I was pumped about going to my first phins game and watching Marino in person. I was only as bummer or more bummed a couple of times in life than when watching him go down in that Cleveland game.

It was also odd watching that Eagles game because it may be the only time I was almost indifferent to the phins winning. After all had they lost to phily I may have gotten to watch Shula break the all time wins record in person. I felt that would somehow make up for not getting to see Dan play.

I did get to see him play a couple of times later on but go figure he never threw a TD pass in the games I went to. What are the odds. Stupid Jimmy Johnson and his love for stupid Abdul-Jabbar had three scores in that Baltimore game.

That's so cool! I was at that game as well! It's the only time I've ever been to Joe Robbie. I remember it was pretty boring at first with New England leading us by a couple field goals, but DeBerg threw a TD pass to Keith Byars and a beautiful play action fake bomb to Irving Fryar.

And I did manage to see Danny throw one TD pass in person. I saw Danny play live twice, both times at Buffalo in 1994 and 1997. In 1994, I saw him throw a TD pass to Keith Jackson. The 1997 game sucked. It was rainy, really windy and cold. My Dad and I were freezing our ***** off. Danny got hurt early in the 2nd quarter and Craig Erickson played the rest of the game. The o-line gave Erickson terrible protection and he looked like a deer in headlights the rest of the game. It made it even worse that we lost to a Alex Van Pelt led team!!! :smackhead

Yeah when we first got Daunte. I will admit I was somewhat excited. He did have a strong arm and was able to move around to make plays. But all he did was disappoint. And I think it showed he isn't the type of Qb we needed.

I was the same way too. I did prefer Drew Brees and was a little surprised when we decided to trade for Daunte instead, but I was drinking the Saban Kool-Aid and thought Der Fuhrer knew best. I was psyched about getting Daunte and thought that even though he probably won't be 100% at first, that he would have the arm, experience and decision making to play at a decent level. All I can say now is that he has a strong arm and has played a lot of games, but his decision making is below average for an experienced starting NFL QB.

WOW, Thanks for the clarification, I was at the game in Philly so I must have melded the 2 together (the whole Deberg with the busted Chin) from T.V. . Thanks I'll adjust my memories accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom