Worst Dolphin QBs of all time | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Dolphin QBs of all time

I don't think people like Todd Doxzon or Doug Pederson should even be listed. Neither of them threw a pass for us in the regular season.

My list (In no particular order): A.J. Feeley, Ray Lucas, Daunte Culpepper

Wasn't he at the helm when Shula won his 300th?

Pederson's Miami stats:
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
1993 MIA 7 4 8 50.0 41 5.1 0 12 0 65.1

No, its not the ****bag, its Ray Lucas. Feel free to mention other non Dolphin QBs that were awful, like Ryan Leaf.

In terms of just playing for the Dolphins, Daunte Culpepper should be up near the top. He's still behind Ray Lucas and AJ Feely though.

As for the wonderful Leaf, who could forget the infamous 1 for 15 4 yards 2 INTs and 3 fumbles performance Leaf had in his 3rd career game?

No much of a stat man, huh? Culpepper certainly has been an enormous disappointment, and his contributions to the team are no where near what was expected. Statistically, however, his play was better last year than a little over half of the QB's that have ever played for the Fins.

The Vikings took a 2nd round pick from you for that d i ck weed, fumble machine, a s s clown. :sidelol::sidelol::sidelol:

Wasn't he at the helm when Shula won his 300th?

Pederson's Miami stats:
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT RAT
1993 MIA 7 4 8 50.0 41 5.1 0 12 0 65.1

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that!!! You're absolutely right. Scott Mitchell got hurt against the Eagles and Pederson came in. He played well enough in his first NFL action for us to win, IMO.

What about Brian Griese? I'll never forget that game against the Colts.

In that game against the Colts, Griese was 18 of 29 for 231 yards with 1 TD and 0 INTs. Those aren't bad numbers. T-Buck picked off Peyton Manning and ran it back within the Colts' 20 yard line to set us up for the go-ahead score. The next play, which was the play that lost the game for us, was when Wade Smith and Ricky Williams totally whiffed on Dwight Freeney, who blindsided Griese and tomahawked the ball out. I don't blame Griese for that.

I don't think people like Todd Doxzon or Doug Pederson should even be listed. Neither of them threw a pass for us in the regular season.

My list (In no particular order): A.J. Feeley, Ray Lucas, Daunte Culpepper

Actually Doug Pederson was the (last) QB Standing on the field when Shula got his 325th carreer win Over Phila delphia. It was when Marino had the torn achillies. Mitchell got knoked out of the game Philly split the chin of of Steve Deberg and in went Doug Pederson he attempted 3 passes all of wich were 10 yard ducks. Then he haned off left and right. And the phins only won because we got a lucky turn over when the Eagles were driving at the end of the game.

Actually Doug Pederson was the (last) QB Standing on the field when Shula got his 325th carreer win Over Phila delphia. It was when Marino had the torn achillies. Mitchell got knoked out of the game Philly split the chin of of Steve Deberg and in went Doug Pederson he attempted 3 passes all of wich were 10 yard ducks. Then he haned off left and right. And the phins only won because we got a lucky turn over when the Eagles were driving at the end of the game.
You're right that Mitchell got hurt and Pederson came in, but DeBerg wasn't signed until the next week. They didn't bring him in until they knew Mitchell would be out for several weeks and they needed a veteran Qb with NFL game experience.

What about Brian Griese? I'll never forget that game against the Colts.

I'll never forget that game but only because it showed just how bad Wade Smith was. Griese was not at fault there as Freeney blew past Smith like a fighter jet through air. Ray Lucas is the worst QB by far followed by the F quarterbacks Feeley and Fiedler.

Ray Lucas - he gets my vote easily for the being the worst Dolphin QB and I'm not sure he would'nt win the title for all time worst QB to ever play in the NFL

If you factor in salary and draft pick however Daunte may be the worst to ever wear a Dolphin uniform

Wow, I can't believe I forgot that!!! You're absolutely right. Scott Mitchell got hurt against the Eagles and Pederson came in. He played well enough in his first NFL action for us to win, IMO.

Yep. And I was at the very next home game when Steve Deburg lead us to victory over the patsies. It sucked because my parents ordered the tickets over the summer(I was still a teen then) and I was pumped about going to my first phins game and watching Marino in person. I was only as bummer or more bummed a couple of times in life than when watching him go down in that Cleveland game.

It was also odd watching that Eagles game because it may be the only time I was almost indifferent to the phins winning. After all had they lost to phily I may have gotten to watch Shula break the all time wins record in person. I felt that would somehow make up for not getting to see Dan play.

I did get to see him play a couple of times later on but go figure he never threw a TD pass in the games I went to. What are the odds. Stupid Jimmy Johnson and his love for stupid Abdul-Jabbar had three scores in that Baltimore game.

Well my vote would probably still have to go to Culpepper. Followed by Lucas. For his experience Culpepper should have been smarter and better than what he was.

I see some on here have said things about Pederson. I don't think Pederson was bad he was young and excited to be playing. And when he was sent to green bay he really matured and looked better the few times I had seen him come in for Brett.

And as for the first few Qb's like Dick Wood and Rick Norton. Well being first Qb's on expansion team is rough on every team. Plus had they played great we may never have seen Shula or Griese or 72 season. So I don't count them. If anything I am glad they brought us what they did. They paved the way for some great teams . And a great coach.

Back
Top Bottom