Worst Dolphin QBs of all time | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Dolphin QBs of all time

I can't include Culpepper, because he was never healthy. I don't think it's fair to rate him when he was still struggling to overcome an injury. I'd list his grade as "incomplete."

As for Fiedler... if by "pimp" you mean "Scrub who doesn't belong anywhere near an NFL team" then I agree he was pretty pimp... Basically the guy was a bum who looked a lot better than he really was because our "D" was so good for so much of his tenure here.

And since he is leaving that incomplete changes to an F after six months. At least thats how colleges do it.

Spin it however you want that Culpepper display was a complete dibacle. After week 4 we were the worst team in the NFL despite having a defense that finished in the top 5. The only game we won was at home by 3 to a team that started like 1-7. Reality is we were a decent team with a scrub like Harrington and the worst team in the league with Culpepper in there. We were the laughingstock of the league. Complete doormats. Now thankfully that only applies to Culpepper because he isnt one of us anymore. Well he never really was once Saban benched him......mercifully. That was the worst display of dolphin offense ever. Plain and simple. Sugar coat it how ya want but Culpepper WAS(thankfully we can say that now) the worst phins QB ever.

Forget QB's I'll just list Uwe von Schamann...the kicker that cost us the playoff game against San Diego 38-41 in January 2, 1982!!!!!!!

I still despise that guy! "Laces Out!"

Forget QB's I'll just list Uwe von Schamann...the kicker that cost us the playoff game against San Diego 38-41 in January 2, 1982!!!!!!!

I still despise that guy! "Laces Out!"

Not once but twice he cost us that game....missed the winning FG at the end of regulation, and then in OT.

I think you should look up the qb ratings.
Clearly it was Lucas. He had a qb rating of 0 one week (not many qb's have ever done that). He improved the following week to an 18 qb rating... that is a lot worse that a 69 by Joey Harrington or an 85 by Jay Fiedler.

How could the worst all-time Dolphin QB honor go to anybody but Ray Lucas? He blew our playoff chances singlehandedly (what was it `02?) all by his lonesome.
Mitchell played GREAT in place of Marino, but unfortunately he got hurt too, and DeBerg f`d up royally to finish out `93.

Can`t believe this thread got resurected from two years ago!

P.S. - The more I think about it, AJ Feeley was pretty damn bad too...God, I hope I never have to live thru another horrible QB year like we experienced in `04 (yeah, he beat N.E. in a meaningless MNF game, big whoop), but he truly sucked. Surprised he`s not selling insurance in his hometown of Ontario, Oregon.

Uh, in the end, statisticly, won't it be Culpepper?
No much of a stat man, huh? Culpepper certainly has been an enormous disappointment, and his contributions to the team are no where near what was expected. Statistically, however, his play was better last year than a little over half of the QB's that have ever played for the Fins.

I remember when people on here were trying to convince me how great A.J. Feeley was!

Has Everybody forgot about Doug Pederson-He Sucked out LOUD!!

I don't consider QB's who weren't here long for this award, (Ray Lucas for example, was not here long enough to qualify) in my mind it has to be someone who was here for a sustained period of time, and that award can only go to the QB who made more Dolphin fans miserable for a longer period of time than any QB in Dolphin history..................

Jay Fiedler........five wasted years of torture.

Lucas or Dick Wood... though he only played partially our first season the numbers are sub-Ryan Leaf

I don't think people like Todd Doxzon or Doug Pederson should even be listed. Neither of them threw a pass for us in the regular season.

My list (In no particular order): A.J. Feeley, Ray Lucas, Daunte Culpepper

I'd have to go with Doug Pederson (I believe that's his name). Don Shula wouldn't even let the guy throw the ball when he was in the game.

Back
Top Bottom