Worst Dolphin QBs of all time | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst Dolphin QBs of all time

Be careful with the Social Security remark, ok:wink:

Now having said that, no one has said anything about George Wilson Jr. (the coaches son). It was a two package deal, I guess, but we had to have someone.

And since he is leaving that incomplete changes to an F after six months. At least thats how colleges do it.

Spin it however you want that Culpepper display was a complete dibacle. After week 4 we were the worst team in the NFL despite having a defense that finished in the top 5. The only game we won was at home by 3 to a team that started like 1-7. Reality is we were a decent team with a scrub like Harrington and the worst team in the league with Culpepper in there. We were the laughingstock of the league. Complete doormats. Now thankfully that only applies to Culpepper because he isnt one of us anymore. Well he never really was once Saban benched him......mercifully. That was the worst display of dolphin offense ever. Plain and simple. Sugar coat it how ya want but Culpepper WAS(thankfully we can say that now) the worst phins QB ever.

[mod] Don't make this personal - keep it on topic. [/mod]

For me its a tie between AJ Feely and Lucas Mucas. That but stinging incident says it all for me LOL.

Definately a tie between Ray Mucas and AJ "Pick 6" Feely!

Perhaps not only the worst Dolphin QB's, but possibly the worst NFL QB's of all-time!!

I think you should look up the qb ratings.
Clearly it was Lucas. He had a qb rating of 0 one week (not many qb's have ever done that). He improved the following week to an 18 qb rating... that is a lot worse that a 69 by Joey Harrington or an 85 by Jay Fiedler.

That would be funny if it wasn't true. :( I agree, it has to be Lucas. He single-handedly destroyed what should have been a great season. :fire:

Excluding the pre-Griese era, the battle for the title of "Worst Dolphins QB of All-Time" is clearly between AJ Feeley and Ray Lucas. Both of them sucked in Miami. Both of them were somewhat more successful outside of Miami. One of them cost us a second round pick while the other cost us our best chance in the playoffs in about ten years. I really think we could have made a run for the Super Bowl in 2002 had Fiedler not missed any time, so I'm going to pick Lucas.

Excluding the pre-Griese era, the battle for the title of "Worst Dolphins QB of All-Time" is clearly between AJ Feeley and Ray Lucas. Both of them sucked in Miami. Both of them were somewhat more successful outside of Miami. One of them cost us a second round pick while the other cost us our best chance in the playoffs in about ten years. I really think we could have made a run for the Super Bowl in 2002 had Fiedler not missed any time, so I'm going to pick Lucas.

Culpepper also sucked in miami, cost us a second round pic, cost us 8 million dollars, and been a huge distraction and liability.

IMO, CP is the worst Dolphins QB in the history of the team and I've been a fan since 1972.

Culpepper also sucked in miami, cost us a second round pic, cost us 8 million dollars, and been a huge distraction and liability.

IMO, CP is the worst Dolphins QB in the history of the team and I've been a fan since 1972.

:yeahthat:

fiedler was actually pretty good at times, cant throw his name in the mix.

lucas, then feeley.

fiedler was actually pretty good at times, cant throw his name in the mix.

lucas, then feeley.

Nah, Fiedler wasted five years of Dolphin history, those other QB's wasted a small fraction of that, a season or less.

If we're gonna include every QB who's ever taken a regular season snap for the Dolphins I'm sure I can come up with some pretty obscure names who were even worse that Lucas or Feeley.

I disagree about Harrington. He was a backup/second string QB for the Phins who happened to get a lot of starts. He did OK for a backup.

Thats how I always felt about Harrington. We all know he sucks. We knew that when we got him from Detroit. We didnt give up a 2nd round pick, pay him 8 million, and put hopes in him leading us anywhere. The guy went 5-6 vs a tough slate of teams. I dont think he can seriously be brought up in this discussion. But thats just MO. The only reason he had to play was because he was brought in in favor of the guy who was truly the worst phins QB ever.

Feely is 2 and Lucas is 3. Both played almost as poorly as Culpepper in their starts but, Lucas was meant to be a backup as well. Lucas killed our season that year when we had a good team. Feely was a waste of a 2nd round pick. Culpepper did both of those things and played as poorly. Certainly Feely and Lucas are much worse players from a career standpoint yes, but when it comes to worst PHINS QB ever Culpepper gets the nod for reasons above.

Thats how I always felt about Harrington. We all know he sucks. We knew that when we got him from Detroit. We didnt give up a 2nd round pick, pay him 8 million, and put hopes in him leading us anywhere. The guy went 5-6 vs a tough slate of teams. I dont think he can seriously be brought up in this discussion. But thats just MO. The only reason he had to play was because he was brought in in favor of the guy who was truly the worst phins QB ever.

Feely is 2 and Lucas is 3. Both played almost as poorly as Culpepper in their starts but, Lucas was meant to be a backup as well. Lucas killed our season that year when we had a good team. Feely was a waste of a 2nd round pick. Culpepper did both of those things and played as poorly. Certainly Feely and Lucas are much worse players from a career standpoint yes, but when it comes to worst PHINS QB ever Culpepper gets the nod for reasons above.

Fiedler's poor play at the end of the season had as much to do with killing that season as Lucas's handfull of starts, plus Fielder killed 4 other seasons.......he wins hands down.

Back
Top Bottom