Worst starting QB in NFL? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst starting QB in NFL?

They all have a lot more ability than Jay Fiedler, which is why I would take them.

Originally posted by KB21
They all have a lot more ability than Jay Fiedler, which is why I would take them.
so do Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, Rob Johnson and just about 1/2 the QBs that have been drafted, but that does not mean they help their teams win games or execute the game plan the coaches present them properly (not that Jay has been stellar either).

Seriously guys I just don't like Fiedler as a starting QB. I really don't think he is much better than Van pelt(except for scrambling) He is just one of those guys that the head coach puts out there to not lose a game because he is smart player. It is not just because I am a Bills fan either. If the Bills had Fiedler and AVP on our team it would be a toss up as to who would start and I would be crossing my fingers that the Bills would be bringing in someone else. Although I don't agree with some of the name being thrown out there I would say Fiedler ranks somewhere in the 20 to 25th best QB in the league IMHO. The record argument doesn't hold that much water with me either because thats what people were saying about Flutie and I would sit there and say who couldn't win with that defense. Just because your team wins I will emphasize the word TEAM, doesn't mean that there isn't room for improvement.

I don't think Fiedler's too good either, but I'd take him way before I'd take Carter!

....and if Rick Mirer, Ryan Leaf, and Rob Johnson hadn't already blown multiple chances in the league, I'd be willing to give them a chance over Fiedler.

Originally posted by Judge
I will say this for Fiedler though- considering that he has the talent level of a 3rd stringer, to have fooled an NFL team into giving him the starting job and a big contract is amazing!

WHAT I THINK IS AMAZING IS THAT AS BAD AS FIEDLER IS THE DOLPHINS ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE EAST TO GO 11-5 THE LAST TWO YEARS UNDER HIS REIGN. I MEAN AS BAD AS HE IS HE SWEPT THE COLTS AND BILLS FOR TWO STRAIGHT YEARS! AMAZING THAT HE IS SO BAD AND YET HE BEAT THOSE TEAMS. I GUESS THAT SAYS ALOT ABOUT THE QUALITY OF THOSE TWO TEAMS HUH?

I BET HE DOES 11-5 OR BETTER AGAIN THIS YEAR.

Who DIDN'T beat the Colts & Bills the last 2 years?? The reason the Fins won those games wasn't because of Fiedler. It was because of your D. Let's be serious!

uh, 2 years ago the Colts were a very good team there guy. please stop embarrising yourself with your obvious lack of football knowledge.

plus JJJ and Huard played one game against indy right? TD pass to Gadsden in the corner of the endzone.

Bod -

Why r u picking fights? We beat Indy 2 yrs ago w/ RJ at the helm! Indy's O was good, but their D's been terrible!

you said who didn't beat Indy for the last 2 years, when in fact, 2 years ago not too many teams did beat them. They had a great O and a bad D....did that make them a bad football team? Not if they were winning more than they were losing.

Just trying to make a point.

uh MIKE! we didn't sweep the colts the las 2 years. i was in miami for the second colts game, the fins lost!

Bod the point was that the reason the fins won those games was because of your D - not because of Fiedler. Read before you post so you can come up w/ a valid argument next time instead of trying to hunt for fans of the bills

uh MIKE! we didn't sweep the colts the last 2 years. i was in miami for the second colts game in 2000, the fins lost!

Back
Top Bottom