Worst starting QB in NFL? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Worst starting QB in NFL?

I thought that DE for Indy picked up the fumble & took it to the house in that loss...

No, in your post you said, and I quote "Who DIDN'T beat the Colts & Bills the last 2 years??"

That is the part of the post I disagreed with. I could care less about who won the games for us. Fact of the matter is, Fiedler didn't beat Indy in Indy 2 years ago. Our D played well and we won.

Our D has won many games yes, but to discredit a victory against Indy 2 years ago is absurd. They were a very good Football team 2 years ago and beat a lot of teams, so to just sum them up by saying "who didn't beat them?" is wrong.

That is my point, and I am not Bills Fan hunting, just pointing out a flaw in your logic in that particular post.

Let me write in capitals because it seems like to get a point across to you, I have to do this:

FIEDLER ISN'T THAT GOOD. MY ORIGINAL POST SAID THAT I'D TAKE HIM OVER QUINCY CARTER THOUGH.

You just totally ignored every word i typed in the previous post.

Who cares if you like Fiedler or not? He has won 22 games in 2 years as our QB. i am not talking about your original post, I was talking about the statement about the Colts, which you have not acknowledged.

His postseason record is 1-2.....not very good, but I thikn the bigger story in the postseason has been the complete lack of run defense, not being able to stop a RB named Terry Allen is UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR!!!!!

Some of these Bill fans seem like some of the Fiedler-hating Dolphin fans.

Read all the previous "Fiedler Sucks" threads... I'll make my point once in this thread.

Jay Fiedler is a good quarterback. He was the best out there this offseason, and his salary is perfect. Name a quarterback that was a free agent this offseason and wants less or equal to what Fiedler will be getting.

Furthermore, some of the losses that the Dolphins have faced aren't 100% Fiedler. Unless Fiedler is a multi-talented player that plays every single down on offense and defense... Fiedler has thrown some game winning interceptions... however, games like the past playoff game against the Ravens; Fiedler was the only person playing at 110%. The defense sucked, the running back sucked... everything was horrible.

Furthermore, I'm not saying that Fiedler is a Dan Marino, Brett Favre, Manning, or Warner.... heck, besides Dan Marino... I would LOVE to have those quarterbacks on the Fins... (I say except Marino cause he doesn't play anymore.) I'm simply saying that Fiedler is a good quarterback that gets the job done most of the time, and gets it done at the right price.

End of discussion.

Actually, to reiterate, I'd take Fiedler over Quincy Carter. That's the only point I wanted to make.

Any time I mention a certain Fin QB everyone gets excited....

Fiedler is solid and dependable QB. Is he the best HELL NO! Is he the worst HELL NO! I he better than Bledsoe no! Would I take him over the likes of: Carter, Flutie, and Graham. HELL YES!!!!

Favre -Take Favre
Warner - Take Warner
McNabb - Take McNaab
Bledsoe -Bledsoe is better, but for our offense, I'd take Jay
Brady - Take Fiedler in a heartbeat
Couch -Take Couch, but bearly
Miller - Take Fiedler
Griese - Take Fiedler
Dilfer - Split lol
Brooks - Brooks is overrated, take Fiedler
Brunell - Take Brunell
Vick - Take Vick
Stewart - Take Fiedler
Vinny T - Take Fiedler
Manning - Take Manning
McNair - Take McNair
Trent Green - Take Fiedler
Flutie - Take Fiedler
Gannon - I hate Gannon, but you'll bitch at me if I take Fiedler.
Culpepper - Culpepper is overrated, but I'll still take him
Carr - Take Fiedler
Harrington - Take Fiedler
Plummer - Take Fiedler, but not by much.

Originally posted by Judge
In all seriousness, would anyone in their right mind choose Fiedler over the following, off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Favre
Warner
McNabb
Bledsoe
Brady
Couch
Miller
Griese
Dilfer
Brooks
Brunell
Vick
Stewart
Vinny T
Manning
McNair
Trent Green
Flutie
Gannon
Culpepper
Carr
Harrington
Plummer

Any of these guys mentioned above are either clearly better or have so much more potential that they would merit the starting job over Fiedler.

I'd take him over Bledsoe, Brady, Gannon, Plummer, Tesaverde, Harrington, Brooks, Dilfer, Green, and Stewart. He's at least on par, if not better, than all of the aforementioned QB's.

fiedler is the only one id take out of the free agents...as for bledsoe id take fiedler and keep the first round pick

Originally posted by stan marino
fiedler is the only one id take out of the free agents...as for bledsoe id take fiedler and keep the first round pick
exactly relative of Dan :cool:

this is such speculation. The real question was would you rather have Jay or
  • Chris Chandler
  • Jim Miller
  • Trent Dilfer
  • Troy Aikman :goof:
  • Scott Mitchell
  • Rob Johnson

I'd take Jay :D

they say jay doesn't have an arm, but i've seen him fire some bullets. i think he's a little bit tentative about some of his throws and it seems as he's pulling back just as he releases! IMO!

Favre - OK, hes better than Fiedler
Warner - Ditto
McNabb - Ditto
Bledsoe - Yes
Brady - Nope
Couch - Yes sir
Miller - Nope
Griese - Yep
Dilfer - Negative
Brooks - Maybe
Brunell - Yeah
Vick - Eventually
Stewart - Sure
Vinny T - Not anymore
Manning - Yes
McNair - Equal
Trent Green - No way
Flutie - Negative
Gannon - Just a little bit
Culpepper - Affirmative
Carr - One day he will be better, not now
Harrington - Most likely will be some day, not now
Plummer - Nope

I count about 12 QBs better than him.

We can win with Fiedler

I'm really surprised to see how many Dolphin fans don't like Fiedler. Don't get me wrong, he'll never break records like Marino, but he's good enough to win with. He's smart, gutsy, tough, hard-working, and a good guy who's respected by his teammates and coaches. His arm strength is adequate, he's accurate and is a good scrambler. I know he's had some bad games, but you've got to cut the guy some slack. In his first season, he had a weak receiving corp and played half the year with an injured shoulder. Last season, he played behind an injury-riddled O-line with a bad running game. Despite these obstacles, he won a few games for us and minimized his mistakes enough in other games to lead us into the playoffs both seasons. I really think that with a better line, a new coordinator (more options), a better receiving corps and Ricky to take pressure off of him, Fiedler could have a very solid year this year and maybe even make the Pro Bowl. Here's the type of season I see him having this year:

3,200 yards, 60% compl.
22 TDs, 9 ints
350 yds rushing, 4 TDs

With the right players around him, he could be a Rich Gannon type.
There are 7 QBs (Manning, Warner, Favre, McNabb, Culpepper, Garcia, Vick) I'd rather have (others with big names are either mistake prone, injury prone or just getting old) but think of the alternative. Teams like Cincinatti, Washington, Carolina, Baltimore, Dallas, etc. have no chance with their QB situation.

Back
Top Bottom