Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Yes I would. That would be the best value at 8 IMO. If the QB position is not solid, we will remain out of the playoffs. Keep drafting qbs until we find the one we want. Id rather draft 1 and let him sit behind tannehill to give him this one year...

that 1 ye he led a team to a div title and threw 27 TDs w/ only 7 INTs. comp % is meaningless to me. Thomas Jones was on fumes, he averaged 3.7 YPC, he was just cutting into the carries Charles was getting. the 2 split carries for some reason and Charles in 15 less carries had 571 more yds. Charles was great, Jones was not.

outside of Charles Miami had more talent on the last few years than that KC team but either way Cassell proved he could get it done, Ryan has yet to prove that.

Cassell could get it done. Funny. 11 years in the league and he makes the playoffs in his 6th year and that means he got it done.

I was responding to a specific request about sacks b/c the sacks are the excuse for Ryan as if every sack is the fault of the OL and Ryan has done all he could to win but can't b/c of the OL

Sacks is a large chunk as to why the offense couldn't score points, but the lack of rushing attempts and the poor defense helped Miami lose. Some of the sacks are Tannehill's fault. All qb's take sacks they shouldn't, but none of the other factors are his fault.

In 2008, NE had a top 5 running game and a top 10 defense and the 12 ranked passing offense (in yards). Oh, and Bill Belichick......

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 AM ----------

I agree, half-assed, poorly informed comparisons will always be made.

and missed the playoffs, the Cassell points were about KC not taking over an undefeated team and losing 5 games with them w/ a weak sched. actually they were 6th in rush yds.

Alex Smith is his ceiling. it keeps coming back to Smith and if he develops into Alex Smith that will be great for you guys. It's certainly possible.

as far as sacks, Ken O'Brien's first full season he was sacked 62 times which is more than Ryan has ever been sacked. he was sacked once ever 7.8 attempts, Ryan in his career has been sacked once every 12.2. ken led us to 11 wins and a playoff app that season.
In Ken's first 4 seasons as a starter he was sacked 189 times, Ryan has been sacked 184. sacks per pass attempt: Ken 9.5, Ryan 12.2- Ken led us to 3 winning records and 2 playoff apps

Russell Wilson has been sacked 164 times in 4 years, Ryan 184 BUT sacks per pass attempt: Wilson once every 10.6, Ryan once every 12.2. Russell has been to the playoffs 3 times, 2 SB apps and a SB win

Alex Smith might have been Sanchez's ceiling at one time before he morphed into Henne backup land but more realistically, Rivers or Flacco is getting closer to Tannehill's "ceiling"

Sacks is a large chunk as to why the offense couldn't score points, but the lack of rushing attempts and the poor defense helped Miami lose. Some of the sacks are Tannehill's fault. All qb's take sacks they shouldn't, but none of the other factors are his fault.

that is a fair statement, I am always incredulous how they trust Ryan and abandon the run game. they have to run it more.

I was responding to a specific request about sacks b/c the sacks are the excuse for Ryan as if every sack is the fault of the OL and Ryan has done all he could to win but can't b/c of the OL.
It's also proof a team could win with him.

I'm not here to argue about Rodgers. He had a mediocre year based on his usual stats and he was without key offensive weapons all year. He gets a pass from me.

As for Matt ****ing Cassell, that chump had 1 good year in 11 seasons. He stinks.

Alex Smith might have been Sanchez's ceiling at one time before he morphed into Henne backup land but more realistically, Rivers or Flacco is getting closer to Tannehill's "ceiling"

this discussion is not about playoff winning QBs so please don't derail the thread.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

I'm not here to argue about Rodgers. He had a mediocre year based on his usual stats and he was without key offensive weapons all year. He gets a pass from me.

As for Matt ****ing Cassell, that chump had 1 good year in 11 seasons. He stinks.

Rodgers wasn't great but found a way to get an undermanned team to the playoffs.

this discussion is not about playoff winning QBs so please don't derail the thread.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Rodgers wasn't great but found a way to get an undermanned team to the playoffs.

How could he be great? Lacy was out of shape all year, the OL wasn't the best in pass protection, and losing Jordy Nelson was a huge blow.

that is a fair statement, I am always incredulous how they trust Ryan and abandon the run game. they have to run it more.

Lamar Miller was completely underutilized his entire career. He averaged the same ypc as Adrian Peterson. Had they ran him even 100 more times for the year he would've had 1,200 yds+.

How could he be great? Lacy was out of shape all year, the OL wasn't the best in pass protection, and losing Jordy Nelson was a huge blow.

and he still found a way to succeed. I wish my QB would struggle throwing 31 TDs w/ 8 INTs and leading a team to the div rd.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Lamar Miller was completely underutilized his entire career. He averaged the same ypc as Adrian Peterson. Had they ran him even 100 more times for the year he would've had 1,200 yds+.

Not necessarily BUT they definitely underutilized him.

The discussion is an internal one.. for fins fans.. but since you have interjected yourself, it's only fair to point out that considering at one point you placed Sanchez's ceiling at "elite" (as evidenced by your refusal to trade him for any other than one of the top 5 QBs at that time, nor for even 2 first round picks), if you're gonna assess subjective ceilings, you really don't have a great track record of doing so. And that begs to be pointed out.. :idk:

The discussion is an internal one.. for fins fans.. but since you have interjected yourself, it's only fair to point out that considering at one point you placed Sanchez's ceiling at "elite" (as evidenced by your refusal to trade him for any other than one of the top 5 QBs at that time, nor for even 2 first round picks), if you're gonna assess subjective ceilings, you really don't have a great track record of doing so. And that begs to be pointed out.. :idk:

Never once did I place his ceiling as elite but please keep lying, that's what you do best.

Back
Top Bottom