Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

I really hate that I am responding to you but your responses are such that they beg for someone to call you out.

So you didn't say the word "elite" but did you NOT SAY that you wouldnt trade him for two 1st rounders? Or wouldn't trade him for anything less than the top five qb's in the league? If that isn't implying you believed him as elite, what would you call it?

Never once did I place his ceiling as elite but please keep lying, that's what you do best.

Yeah right, I'm not the one whose welcome mat was pulled out from under him in one Jet forum and is on thin ice in another. Fact of the matter: until your mea culpa where you can admit you were so wrong about Sanchez, your opinion on Tannehill lacks any credibility and is for all intents and purposes worthless. Garbage in garbage out!!!!

Here is PFF rankings before the start of the season:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/09/13/ranking-all-32-nfl-starting-qbs/

They ranked Tannehill 11th.

After a season where they fired the entire coaching staff (rightfully so) and once again rolled out a bottom feeding OL, defense, and running game, is not the time to abandon the QB because of a slight dip in a few stats. This is especially true after learning what a circus that coaching staff was running.

I really hate that I am responding to you but your responses are such that they beg for someone to call you out.

So you didn't say the word "elite" but did you NOT SAY that you wouldnt trade him for two 1st rounders? Or wouldn't trade him for anything less than the top five qb's in the league? If that isn't implying you believed him as elite, what would you call it?

well if he doesn't want to fess up to alluding to "elite" there's no way you wouldn't accept 2 trade picks for any QB other than a "franchise one" Either way.. he was as wrong as some of us, including me were about Henne. The irony is that they are both now backups and neither one could start instead of Bradford or Bortles. The point is that if even in retrospect he can't see how badly he judged, then going forward his opinions on other QBs is virtually worthless too.

There's basically no risk whatsoever in drafting a QB in the 6th round. We should be doing it every year.
the qb we have is not Dan M or Chad P but little better than what we had last 15 yr....I feel if better qb is on board take him. We are not going to superbowl w thill, please I will be surprised if he make a playoff game.

Why is a guy like Wilson , who has had one of the best running backs in the league and the number one defense in the span of the last 4 years , why ... Just WHY is his record or accomplishments ..being compared to Tannehills ? I've never understood how people can overlook this .... It just doesn't make sense . He's made big plays when it counted . I'll give him that , but to credit him for playoff appearances ... As if that team that has been assembled over there can't make it purely on a run game and defense is not a fair assessment at ALL .

That's exactly it! I'm fine with Tannehill not being "elite" I'm fine if he is Flacco, Eli, or Wilson in the regular season. But those guys have shown they can make plays when it matters and at big moments. Tannehill has not done that enough in his 4 years, that makes him not good enough. Stop looking at his garbage time regular season stats and watch him play when we need to play his best, its very telling that he isn't our guy.

Never once called him elite, never once said he would be elite. NEVER, EVER.

when the discussion about palmer to oak came up I said at the time(and at the time he was good) that I wouldn't make that deal and that outside of the top 6 guys at that moment I wouldn't want any other QB even a bunch that were considered better than him b/c many of those QBs folded under pressure. Very different than calling him elite or what you wrote but you are basing it on vaark and his made up posts.

Yeah right, I'm not the one whose welcome mat was pulled out from under him in one Jet forum and is on thin ice in another. Fact of the matter: until your mea culpa where you can admit you were so wrong about Sanchez, your opinion on Tannehill lacks any credibility and is for all intents and purposes worthless. Garbage in garbage out!!!!

are you still stalking me?

I appreciate everything Mark did for my team and he played really well in Philly in 2014. I never said he's be carrying the AFC w/ Andrew Luck or that he was a young, more athletic Joe Montana. I said he was perfect for our team and at the time he was and I appreciate what he did for my team.

you should never discuss credibility w/ all the nonsense you have spewed throughout the years such as the Sparano stuff, the rex stuff and even the other day when praising gase even though he was passed over by Denver when you bashed Rex for the same thing in baltimore.

2015 Blake Bortles (23)51JAX ---- 5-11
2014 Blake Bortles (22)55JAX ---- 3-10
2013 Ryan Tannehill (25)58MIA ---- 8-8
2012 Aaron Rodgers (28)51GNB ---- 11-5
2011 Alex Smith (27)44SFO ---- 13-3
2010 Jay Cutler (27)52CHI ---- 10-5
2009 Ben Roethlisberger (27)50PIT ---- 9-6
Aaron Rodgers (25)50GNB ---- 11-5
2008 Matt Cassel (26)47NWE ---- 10-5
2007 Jon Kitna (34)51DET ---- 7-9
2006 Jon Kitna (33)63DET ---- 3-14
2005 David Carr (26)68HOU ---- 2-14
2004 David Carr (25)49HOU ---- 7-9
2003 Drew Bledsoe (31)49BUF ---- 6-10
2002 David Carr (23)76HOU ---- 4-12
2001 Mark Brunell (30)57JAX ---- 6-9
2000 Steve Beuerlein (35)62CAR ---- 7-9

In the last 16 years, Rodgers, Smith, Roethlisberger, Cutler, and Cassel are the only QBs that finished with better records than Tannehill in a season where they were the sacked leaders. Consider these other facts:

1. In 2008 the Patriots had the 6th best rushing attack when Cassel was the sacked leader.
2. Roethlisberger and Smith were both in their 6th season when they were the sacked leaders.
3. Rodgers is Rodgers.
4. The Bears had the 4th ranked defense in points and 9th in yards when Cutler was the sacked leader.
5. The Steelers had the 12th ranked defense in points and 5th in yards when Roethlisberger was the sacked leader.
6. The Patriots had the 8th ranked defense in points and 10th in yards when Cassel was the sacked leader.
7. The 49ers had the 2nd ranked defense in points and 4th in yards when Smith was the sacked leader.
8. The Packers had the 7th ranked defense in points and 2nd in yards when Rodgers was the sacked leader in 2009.
9. The Dolphins had the 8th ranked defense in points and 21st in yards when Tannehill was the sacked leader.

Out of all the teams that finished 8-8 or better when leading the league in sacks allowed, the Dolphins had the worst ranked defense and the worst ranked running game to go along with the worst pass protection.

Guess where that puts Tannehill? In the David Carr tier of that list

Guess where that puts Tannehill? In the David Carr tier of that list

can you give me any answers on this one?

If someone can provide me with a list of 5 QB's that had a winning record their first 4 years with a bottom 3 oline, AND bottom 1/2 defense, AND poor coaching then I will stop posting in this thread.

And....go!

i'll even go further, just name one.

So, he was traded to a complete team and flourished? Is that what you're saying??

:confused:

What point are you really arguing? You honestly think that RT has the realistic potential to become Steve Young in a couple years? This is just silly. I'll bet you any amount of money that RTs career looks more like Cassell than like Young.

can you give me any answers on this one?

i'll even go further, just name one.

I see you went from bottom 1/3 to bottom 1/2 once I called you on it. Good retreat.

The defense has allowed 22.3 per game over the last 4 seasons. The league average over that same period is 22.9

Don't let the facts get in the way of the discussion.

when the discussion about palmer to oak came up I said at the time(and at the time he was good) that I wouldn't make that deal and that outside of the top 6 guys at that moment I wouldn't want any other QB even a bunch that were considered better than him b/c many of those QBs folded under pressure. Very different than calling him elite or what you wrote but you are basing it on vaark and his made up posts.

I appreciate everything Mark did for my team and he played really well in Philly in 2014. I never said he's be carrying the AFC w/ Andrew Luck or that he was a young, more athletic Joe Montana. I said he was perfect for our team and at the time he was and I appreciate what he did for my team.

you should never discuss credibility w/ all the nonsense you have spewed throughout the years such as the Sparano stuff, the rex stuff and even the other day when praising gase even though he was passed over by Denver when you bashed Rex for the same thing in baltimore.

based on how you criticize tannehill for coming up short in big games i'm surprised you can say that about sanchez in 2014. he lost 3 out the last 4 to end the season and miss the playoffs via a game-ending pick, he inherited a 5-2 team that looked like they would be making the playoffs....went into week 14 at 9-3 and managed to lose 3 in a row including 2 division games, and then he beat the giants when it didn't matter anymore....based on yourcriticisms of tannehill i'm surprised you don't see any similarities and can actually say that Sanchez played "very well", especially when he was playing on a team that had won the division the year before....

That's exactly it! I'm fine with Tannehill not being "elite" I'm fine if he is Flacco, Eli, or Wilson in the regular season. But those guys have shown they can make plays when it matters and at big moments. Tannehill has not done that enough in his 4 years, that makes him not good enough. Stop looking at his garbage time regular season stats and watch him play when we need to play his best, its very telling that he isn't our guy.

You also can't overlook that the TEAM gives Wilson more opportunities to make those plays and to make up for bad play .

Example : wild card round , Wilson only puts up 10 points . 10 points isn't enough to win for 95% of the time . But ... Seattles defense is Seattles defense .

Another Example : Last year ... Playoffs NFC championship . Russell Wilson throws four ... FOUR interceptions against Rodgers .

Any other QB turns the ball over 4 times and you're done , the game is over . Seattles defense gave him an opportunity to even be CLOSE in that game . 31 other teams don't have the defense to make up for a career worst type of 4 Int game against Rodgers . Then he comes back , makes ONE play and is crowned a hero .

No, I'm not stalking you .. but know people on both forums, including a "higher up." Funny you aren't refuting that though. And you know that you are on record as not accepting 2 first rounders for Sanchez nor any other of 5 or 6 specific QBs in an even trade. What does that mean?

I was right about Rex and even more so when he hired Sparano as his "mini me" OC. I never praised Gase.. i just asked what everyone thought of him. You're the one that kept making excuses for Rex over the years... and never acknowledging that Polian deserved half the credit you were giving Rex (who last i looked took a 9-7 team and turned it into an 8-8.. and if not for the huge contract commitment, would be back out on the street instead of hiring his loser brother as the DC). And if you notice, I didn't include Bowles, who also was passed over by the team that knows him best, the Fins.. because like Elway, our powers that be in the front office were nowhere's as astute as Ozzie Newsome who risked losing a good DC (and that's all he's ever been) to hire outside an unproven STC. Today, can you point to one team that would take Rex over Harbaugh?

And again, getting back to this, whether you used the words elite or franchise, if you would not take even a Rivers, Flacco or Ryan in '11 for Sanchez, nor take 2 first round picks, then obviously you thought his ceiling was franchise level. No reason to respect any subjective opinion that Tannehill's ceiling is Smith, if it's from the one who ever thought Sanchez's was franchise level. Just admit you were dead wrong and maybe I won't hammer you on your opinions on other QBs that don't concern you.

Back
Top Bottom