Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

Which ones were playoff teams most often during that span? The problem is that only 6 teams make the playoffs and the Dolphins play in the same division as the Patriots.

The teams below Miami combined for a total of 4 playoff appearances in that span. (3 by the Colts in a bad division).

The teams above Miami combined for a total of 19 playoff appearances in that span.

Now add in sacks allowed and rushing offense and get back to me.

Compare the 4 teams within a half a point either way of us.

Houston 2 playoff appearances
Baltimore 2 playoff appearances and 1 Championship
Chargers 1 playoff appearance
Dolphins None.

1/2 point isn't much. Why can these teams make the playoff but we fail? There is no excuse. The middle of the road defensive teams make it to the playoffs. We are middle of the road and yet we don't.

Dolphins None.

1/2 point isn't much. Why can these teams make the playoff but we fail? There is no excuse. The middle of the road defensive teams make it to the playoffs. We are middle of the road and yet we don't.

What makes you think the QB was the difference?

Dolphins None.

having one of the worst ranked olines can affect wins/losses and playoff appearances. you can scream no excuses all you want, but it's the truth.

btw, the afc south has been a joke for a while now. Miami in the afc south would have a playoff or 2 appearances in the last 4 years.

What makes you think the QB was the difference?

I'm not saying it is all the QB. But this BS about having the worst defense is just flat out lies. The defense was good enough to get us a playoff berth over the last 4 years. Just need to score more points on offense. The same level of play was good enough for all the other teams similar to us defensively. Go ahead and shift the blame to the line but stats prove that the defense is NOT the main issue with this team over the last 4 years.

I'm not saying it is all the QB. But this BS about having the worst defense is just flat out lies. The defense was good enough to get us a playoff berth over the last 4 years. Just need to score more points on offense. The same level of play was good enough for all the other teams similar to us defensively. Go ahead and shift the blame to the line but stats prove that the defense is NOT the main issue with this team over the last 4 years.

There are other factors involved including the division the teams play in. The fact remains that teams with better defense have much higher rate of playoff appearances.

Also in 2014, the defense was a bigger problem than the offense. That was there best chance at the playoffs in the last 4 years. Last season, neither was good enough.

In 2012, and 2013 the offense was clearly the weak link.

There are other factors involved including the division the teams play in. The fact remains that teams with better defense have much higher rate of playoff appearances.

Also in 2014, the defense was a bigger problem than the offense. That was there best chance at the playoffs in the last 4 years. Last season, neither was good enough.

In 2012, and 2013 the offense was clearly the weak link.

Our best chance was in 2013. We needed just 1 win against 2 losing teams and couldn't get it done.
2014 we would have had to beat Baltimore and New England. That is just a bit tougher than beating 2 losing teams IMO. Plus we were decimated by injuries.

Our best chance was in 2013. We needed just 1 win against 2 losing teams and couldn't get it done.
2014 we would have had to beat Baltimore and New England. That is just a bit tougher than beating 2 losing teams IMO.

I'm talking about the whole season. The 2014 offense was much better.

The disappointing thing was the the offense made a nice jump only to be offset by a big drop off in the defense, especially in the last part of the season.

I'm talking about the whole season. The 2014 offense was much better.

The disappointing thing was the the offense made a nice jump only to be offset by a big drop off in the defense, especially in the last part of the season.

Too many injuries in 2014, we really didn't have a good chance once the players started falling.

You can make statistics support your stance, no matter how wild your assumptions are. Truth be told, stats only tell part of the story and are not the only thing that goes into determining fault or who is a good player or not. It is like the made-up WAR in baseball. So many people point to that useless stat that is objective like it tells the entire story of a player's ability and contribution to their team.

Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital. ~Aaron Levenstein

Here is a nice balance article:

http://thedeependmiami.com/2015/12/01/the-96-million-question-is-ryan-tannehill-the-man-for-the-job-in-miami/

Yes, some negative narratives about Ryan Tannehill are correct. He does lock onto his reads at times, and he does lack some pocket awareness.

However, the small things that Tannehill does wrong are not reason enough to make drastic changes. He is still the best option for the Miami Dolphins at quarterback. He is still the only option for the Miami Dolphins at quarterback.

The team can win with Ryan Tannehill. However, they cannot win with just Ryan Tannehill. We are starting to realize Tannehill’s ceiling as someone who can exploit defenses, but not singlehandedly carry teams to victories.

At the end of the day, you can’t really ask him to do that.

I am not going to name names, because I strongly disagree with comparing quarterbacks. However, Ryan Tannehill will always be good enough to win games with. He is a talented NFL quarterback, with the tools and ability to be successful. The team can certainly win games with him.

So, the big question now becomes “how can the Miami Dolphins assemble a staff and team that can determine how they can win with Ryan Tannehill?”

Because whether you like it or not, Ryan Tannehill is the quarterback of the Miami Dolphins. And at least for the next few seasons, he is here to stay.

What point are you really arguing? You honestly think that RT has the realistic potential to become Steve Young in a couple years? This is just silly. I'll bet you any amount of money that RTs career looks more like Cassell than like Young.

nope, didn't say he would ever become that level of player. As hard as reading comprehension may be for you, I'm simply stated something that happened. He got traded to a competent team and then started to flourish. Is that not essentially what were starting to argue about now in this thread? Qbs fault vs a team game?

also- just to add some laughs to this- junc must've got his panties in a bunch over something I said because he felt the need to leave me negative rep. Just for a few interjections in this thread? Thanks guy. Not like I'm always bashing you or anything and usually say you're pretty level headed. But I guess you decided to just be an ass because no one agrees with you on this matter

Do tell why you think a better O line is going to make Tannehill better? If that was true then why did Cassell and Weeden suck so bad behind that Dallas O line? Riddle me that!

When the line is average, albeit infrequently, Tannehill plays better than average and sometimes lights out. Look at game 16 and speaking of the Patriots, how about the NE game in 13 where Tannehill overcame a 10 point deficit in the second quarter to outplay Brady and win in the second half: sacked 3X in the first half and only once in the second half. When your quarterback is pissing blood, there's a definite correlation between the OL and his performance.

That should be a simple ****ing concept to understand!!!

Back
Top Bottom