Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would the FO have the balls to do this and draft a QB

You also can't overlook that the TEAM gives Wilson more opportunities to make those plays and to make up for bad play .

Example : wild card round , Wilson only puts up 10 points . 10 points isn't enough to win for 95% of the time . But ... Seattles defense is Seattles defense .

Another Example : Last year ... Playoffs NFC championship . Russell Wilson throws four ... FOUR interceptions against Rodgers .

Any other QB turns the ball over 4 times and you're done , the game is over . Seattles defense gave him an opportunity to even be CLOSE in that game . 31 other teams don't have the defense to make up for a career worst type of 4 Int game against Rodgers . Then he comes back , makes ONE play and is crowned a hero .

You can look at it either way but Wilson makes Seattle better and they weren't dominant until Wilson

I see you went from bottom 1/3 to bottom 1/2 once I called you on it. Good retreat.

The defense has allowed 22.3 per game over the last 4 seasons. The league average over that same period is 22.9

Don't let the facts get in the way of the discussion.

dude, read the thread, I said i'll make it easier, and go from 1/3 to 1/2. way to look like an ass though. :bobdole:

and he still found a way to succeed. I wish my QB would struggle throwing 31 TDs w/ 8 INTs and leading a team to the div rd.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Not necessarily BUT they definitely underutilized him.

Again we aren't in disagreement about Rodgers being a great QB.

What do you mean not necessarily? Peterson had 327 carries and Miller had 194. They both averaged 4.5 ypc. Miller had 872 yds for the year. Assume he continued his 4.5 ypc for 100 more carries (his career average is 4.6 ypc), that would put him actually at 1,322 yards for the year.

I see you went from bottom 1/3 to bottom 1/2 once I called you on it. Good retreat.

The defense has allowed 22.3 per game over the last 4 seasons. The league average over that same period is 22.9

Don't let the facts get in the way of the discussion.

also, yes, the defense was serviceable in 2012 and 2013, but they have fallen very far since the last half of 2014. Still, show me any qb that has ever succeeded with just an average defense, and a piss poor oline, and crap coaching. does it really matter if the defense was bottom 1/3 or just average? just looking at the team, you can see they are horrible.

based on how you criticize tannehill for coming up short in big games i'm surprised you can say that about sanchez in 2014. he lost 3 out the last 4 to end the season and miss the playoffs via a game-ending pick, he inherited a 5-2 team that looked like they would be making the playoffs....went into week 14 at 9-3 and managed to lose 3 in a row including 2 division games, and then he beat the giants when it didn't matter anymore....based on yourcriticisms of tannehill i'm surprised you don't see any similarities and can actually say that Sanchez played "very well", especially when he was playing on a team that had won the division the year before....

let's put this to bed. the 4 biggest games of Ryan's career(2013 at Buf, vs. NYJ and 2014 vs. Bal and at NE). the 4 games which had the biggest impact on potential playoff apps. Ryan led his O to 8.3PPG. Sanchez in those 3 of 4 losses to end 2014 led his O to 21.7 PPG. In 2013 to end the season needing just 1 win to make facing dead teams he led his O to a TOTAL of 7 pts. 2 of the 3 Philly lost to were Seattle(SB team) and Dall(div rd team).

when Ryan plays better in meaningful moments/games I will start talking much more positively about him. I am very fair.

No, I'm not stalking you .. but know people on both forums, including a "higher up." Funny you aren't refuting that though. And you know that you are on record as not accepting 2 first rounders for Sanchez nor any other of 5 or 6 specific QBs in an even trade. What does that mean?

I was right about Rex and even more so when he hired Sparano as his "mini me" OC. I never praised Gase.. i just asked what everyone thought of him. You're the one that kept making excuses for Rex over the years... and never acknowledging that Polian deserved half the credit you were giving Rex (who last i looked took a 9-7 team and turned it into an 8-8.. and if not for the huge contract commitment, would be back out on the street instead of hiring his loser brother as the DC). And if you notice, I didn't include Bowles, who also was passed over by the team that knows him best, the Fins.. because like Elway, our powers that be in the front office were nowhere's as astute as Ozzie Newsome who risked losing a good DC (and that's all he's ever been) to hire outside an unproven STC. Today, can you point to one team that would take Rex over Harbaugh?

And again, getting back to this, whether you used the words elite or franchise, if you would not take even a Rivers, Flacco or Ryan in '11 for Sanchez, nor take 2 first round picks, then obviously you thought his ceiling was franchise level. No reason to respect any subjective opinion that Tannehill's ceiling is Smith, if it's from the one who ever thought Sanchez's was franchise level. Just admit you were dead wrong and maybe I won't hammer you on your opinions on other QBs that don't concern you.

Nothing to refute. I no longer post at TGG, that is their loss not mine. I love where I post now. It's like the old TGG when we had good posters and mods running it. thanks for asking.

how were you right about rex? you said he'd never succeed b/c his father never won a playoff game. Has franchise record for playoff wins, that's a success. you also said Sparano was better than him.

Harbaugh is a GREAT coach, no shame getting passed over for Harbaugh. Harbaugh might be the best HC in the league.

Rivers has been the most overrated QB in the league for many years, he's a #s guy and nothing more. Flacco was very similar to mark at the time, good QB but he took his game to a new level in the 2012 playoffs. a place mark has never reached. he still has more PO wins than Matt Ryan.

you act like Alex Smith is an insult, if he could become Smith that would be HUGE for Miami. get those delusions out of your mind about young Brady w/ legs. that was never reasonable. Alex Smith is a damn good QB in this league, very underrated.

you can pretend to hammer all you want, you just make things up. that doesn't bother me, the truth is in the posts where I have never called him elite and never said he would be. I actually always said he would never be elite but that doesn't change the fact that I appreciate what he did here- things you can only hope your QB will some day be able to do.

Great job of deflecting, rather than talking tannehill you changed it to sanchez.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 PM ----------

also, yes, the defense was serviceable in 2012 and 2013, but they have fallen very far since the last half of 2014. Still, show me any qb that has ever succeeded with just an average defense, and a piss poor oline, and crap coaching. does it really matter if the defense was bottom 1/3 or just average? just looking at the team, you can see they are horrible.

the D was very good in 2013, they tried to drag that offense to the playoffs. almost succeeded. since the 2nd half of 2014 they haven't been good but in '13 they definitely were.

---------- Post added at 02:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 PM ----------

Again we aren't in disagreement about Rodgers being a great QB.

What do you mean not necessarily? Peterson had 327 carries and Miller had 194. They both averaged 4.5 ypc. Miller had 872 yds for the year. Assume he continued his 4.5 ypc for 100 more carries (his career average is 4.6 ypc), that would put him actually at 1,322 yards for the year.

to keep that YPC while doubling carries is very difficult to do. there's more wear and tear, it's difficult. not saying impossible but it's not a guarantee.

You can look at it either way but Wilson makes Seattle better and they weren't dominant until Wilson

I agree .

But , we haven't seen Wilson without a dominant run game and top defense in the league .

We also haven't seen Tannehill With a top 3 defense and run game , or compitent coach for that matter .

It's hard to say that Wilson would suck without the supporting cast or that Tannehill would flourish . That's why I feel it's really hard to go and evaluate Qbs properly .

to keep that YPC while doubling carries is very difficult to do. there's more wear and tear, it's difficult. not saying impossible but it's not a guarantee.

I don't see how when his career average is 4.6. I mean we'll never know for sure b/c this is all hypothetical but his career consistency of being run a limited amount while maintaining a high ypc only shows the ineptitude of Philbin, Sherman, and Lazor.

I don't see how when his career average is 4.6. I mean we'll never know for sure b/c this is all hypothetical but his career consistency of being run a limited amount while maintaining a high ypc only shows the ineptitude of Philbin, Sherman, and Lazor.

having those carries spread out over years is one thing but all in one season is another. maybe he does maintain that YPC? it's just not automatic, we don't know if his body can w/stand that extra pounding?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I agree .

But , we haven't seen Wilson without a dominant run game and top defense in the league .

We also haven't seen Tannehill With a top 3 defense and run game , or compitent coach for that matter .

It's hard to say that Wilson would suck without the supporting cast or that Tannehill would flourish . That's why I feel it's really hard to go and evaluate Qbs properly .

didn't have a dominant run game this year and was outstanding. I truly believe if Wilson was on Miami you would have 1-2 playoff apps the last 3 years.

I agree .

But typically the good QBs don't get their coaches fired. I'm worried Tannehill is a coach killer because he just isn't good enough, especially in big moments or meaningful games. I really do think we would be in the same situation if Matt Moore was starting, no better and no worse.

based on how you criticize tannehill for coming up short in big games i'm surprised you can say that about sanchez in 2014. he lost 3 out the last 4 to end the season and miss the playoffs via a game-ending pick, he inherited a 5-2 team that looked like they would be making the playoffs....went into week 14 at 9-3 and managed to lose 3 in a row including 2 division games, and then he beat the giants when it didn't matter anymore....based on yourcriticisms of tannehill i'm surprised you don't see any similarities and can actually say that Sanchez played "very well", especially when he was playing on a team that had won the division the year before....

He is a complete hypocrite when it comes to discussing QBs.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 PM ----------

But typically the good QBs don't get their coaches fired. I'm worried Tannehill is a coach killer because he just isn't good enough, especially in big moments or meaningful games. I really do think we would be in the same situation if Matt Moore was starting, no better and no worse.

The coaches got the coaches fired. Don't make stuff up.

The meaningful games crap is nonsense. All the games in the NFL are meaningful until a team is officially eliminated from the playoffs.

having those carries spread out over years is one thing but all in one season is another. maybe he does maintain that YPC? it's just not automatic, we don't know if his body can w/stand that extra pounding?

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

didn't have a dominant run game this year and was outstanding. I truly believe if Wilson was on Miami you would have 1-2 playoff apps the last 3 years.

Even if we assumed Lamar would average 3 yards a carry, that would still put him at 1,172 yards. At 3.5 he'd be at 1,222. Either scenario would've put him 3rd in the league behind Peterson's 1,485 yds and Martin's 1,402.

Even if we assumed Lamar would average 3 yards a carry, that would still put him at 1,172 yards. At 3.5 he'd be at 1,222. Either scenario would've put him 3rd in the league behind Peterson's 1,485 yds and Martin's 1,402.

I think we are on the same side here, just nitpicking on my part. you needed to give the ball to Miller much more than you did.

dude, read the thread, I said i'll make it easier, and go from 1/3 to 1/2. way to look like an ass though. :bobdole:

Points allowed by AFC teams the last 4 years. We are actually in the top 1/2 of AFC. 7 teams better and 8 teams worse.

Rank Team Points allowed Ave allowed
1 Cincinnati Bengals 1248 19.50
2 New England Patriots 1297 20.27
3 Kansas City Chiefs 1298 20.28
4 Denver Broncos 1338 20.91
5 Pittsburgh Steelers 1371 21.42
6 Houston Texans 1379 21.55
7 Baltimore Ravens 1399 21.86
8 Miami Dolphins 1414 22.09
9 San Diego Chargers 1444 22.56
10 Buffalo Bills 1471 22.98
11 New York Jets 1477 23.08
12 Indianapolis Colts 1500 23.44
13 Cleveland Browns 1543 24.11
14 Tennessee Titans 1713 26.77
15 Oakland Raiders 1747 27.30
16 Jacksonville Jaguars 1753 27.39

Points allowed by AFC teams the last 4 years. We are actually in the top 1/2 of AFC. 7 teams better and 8 teams worse.

Rank Team Points allowed Ave allowed
1 Cincinnati Bengals 1248 19.50
2 New England Patriots 1297 20.27
3 Kansas City Chiefs 1298 20.28
4 Denver Broncos 1338 20.91
5 Pittsburgh Steelers 1371 21.42
6 Houston Texans 1379 21.55
7 Baltimore Ravens 1399 21.86
8 Miami Dolphins 1414 22.09
9 San Diego Chargers 1444 22.56
10 Buffalo Bills 1471 22.98
11 New York Jets 1477 23.08
12 Indianapolis Colts 1500 23.44
13 Cleveland Browns 1543 24.11
14 Tennessee Titans 1713 26.77
15 Oakland Raiders 1747 27.30
16 Jacksonville Jaguars 1753 27.39

Which ones were playoff teams most often during that span? The problem is that only 6 teams make the playoffs and the Dolphins play in the same division as the Patriots.

The teams below Miami combined for a total of 4 playoff appearances in that span. (3 by the Colts in a bad division).

The teams above Miami combined for a total of 19 playoff appearances in that span.

Now add in sacks allowed and rushing offense and get back to me.

Back
Top Bottom