Would you have rooted for Marino IF: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

Would you have rooted for Marino to win a Superbowl with another team?

• Yes

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters

Tatonka

New Poppa
Reaction score
would you have rooted for marino if he had gone to any other team in the nfl.. lets say denver, who i believe won it all the year he retired... and won a superbowl with another team in his last year and then retired?

:eat:

Rooted for him? No. Admired the talent? You bet. There are a lot of great players in the NFL, and while I don't root for them, I am impressed as hell at their skill.

Absolutely. No doubt about it. he deserved it. It's a crock of $hit that the so called experts don't consider him the best ever because he didn't win a Super Bowl. Like he had control over the entire success fo the team ro something.
Dan deserved a ring and I would have gladly rooted for him with any other team to win it.

i just want to know.. would you want to see him leave miami, if it ment he could win a superbowl.

Originally posted by fin-atic
Absolutely. No doubt about it. he deserved it. It's a crock of $hit that the so called experts don't consider him the best ever because he didn't win a Super Bowl. Like he had control over the entire success fo the team ro something.
Dan deserved a ring and I would have gladly rooted for him with any other team to win it.

i dont think that there are many people that can legitimately argue he wasnt the best ever.. you can maybe say that there are others that were equal to him.. if you base that judgement on different intangibles.. like winning superbowls, but as far passing numbers.. he was by far the best.

Ohhh, I misunderstood. If he left Miami and went to, let's say Minnesota, would I have rooted for him to win a ring. You bet ya, buddy!! I would have rooted for Dan no matter what team he went too.

Winning the Super Bowl is a team thing..But depending for the team I would. If he headed up to Giants stadium and donned the Hefty Bag uniform? No. Most other teams? Sure.

I think what he's asking is...."Would you have rooted for Dan if he did indeed go to another team in that final 2000 season, as he almost did, and won a Super Bowl".

Most definitely. As much as I really, really, really didn't want it to happen (borders on sacrilege)....I would have rooted for him. Now if the Dolphins and Marino's team would have met up, I don't know how I would have reacted. And if it happened in the playoffs, I think I'd have shot myself before kickoff.

Man that is a toughie... I really would have liked for Dan to win the SB.. so I guess I would say 'yeah' Dan is the only player who I would root for though... Dan not only had the skill, but the character and integrity as well, that I rooted for him individually as much as I did the team.. Im sure most of you have seen the Adam Sandler movie 'Little Nicky' where Dan is in Hell trying to sell his soul for a SB ring. hilarious

Marino was good football player but as he got older he became a whiner, if he went to another team than so be it, i wouldn't have cared

If the Dolphins were already eliminated from contention to win the Super Bowl, then yes- I would've rooted for him to win it all if his team was still in the hunt.

Originally posted by marcusreal
Marino was good football player but as he got older he became a whiner, if he went to another team than so be it, i wouldn't have cared

A whiner? Where do you get that from?

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are a RIOT!

The argument against Marino not being the greatest b/c he didn't win a SB is dumb.... but you gusy reguilarly use that argument against giys like Bruce, Jim, Thurman, and Andre! At least they MADE IT to the big one.

:mrt: :laugh: :shakeno: :nono: :stooges:

Originally posted by marcusreal

That is a very loaded subject. Not as cut and dry as you state.

Back
Top Bottom