Would you have rooted for Marino IF: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

Would you have rooted for Marino to win a Superbowl with another team?

• Yes

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
dan is a god.. i would have rooted for him if he played for the pink team.

This is a tough question..I wanted him to win a SB, of course with the phins, but had he changed team and got to a sb and we weren't the foe, oh yea I would have....but if we were the team, no..period..not at our expense.

I gotta agree with MDFINFAN.

If Danny had gone to Minnisota, I would have wanted them to win it all against any team but Miami. If it came down to Dan or the Fins... well, the Fins get the vote, but against ANYBODY else... Danny gets the nod.

If Marino would have gone to any team but the Jets, Bills, or Patriots that 2000 season, I would have rooted for him. Obviously I would have wanted him to win a Super Bowl with Miami, but if he had to go to another team to do so, I would have rooted for him. The man is one of the top 3 best QB's in the history of the NFL, and I think he deserved to win at least one SuperBowl.

Originally posted by Tatonka
would you have rooted for marino if he had gone to any other team in the nfl.. lets say denver, who i believe won it all the year he retired... and won a superbowl with another team in his last year and then retired?

:eat:

Sure enough would have. Dan was/is a class act, and its disapointing that he doesn't have a ring. :mad:

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are a RIOT!

The argument against Marino not being the greatest b/c he didn't win a SB is dumb.... but you gusy reguilarly use that argument against giys like Bruce, Jim, Thurman, and Andre! At least they MADE IT to the big one.

:mrt: :laugh: :shakeno: :nono: :stooges:

Way to use that lack of a Buffalo brain. Marino did go.

Hey would have been nice to see how that Buffalo offense would have done with a RB rarely ever cracking 1000 yards.

no doubt about it I would have rooted for him no matter what. I think that I would have even rooted for him had it been against the Fins in the SuperBowl. I was so mad at Jimmy Johnson. I hated him from the very beginning. I know that he would not have been the coach that year but I was still mad. I was even mad at the Fins for letting him go. I thought they should have asked him for one more year even though I know now that it was for the best that he retire when he did because he was more or less done for.

Would'nt it have been nice for him to go out like Elway

Re: Re: Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

Originally posted by Emskirch

Sure enough would have. Dan was/is a class act, and its disapointing that he doesn't have a ring. :mad:

i agree.. i wish him and kelly had one like elways.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan

Way to use that lack of a Buffalo brain. Marino did go.

Hey would have been nice to see how that Buffalo offense would have done with a RB rarely ever cracking 1000 yards.

dont hate because miami couldnt draft a RB to save its life, and the bills got a HOF rb in the second round :D

:jk:

Originally posted by MOULDSROCKS
LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are a RIOT!

The argument against Marino not being the greatest b/c he didn't win a SB is dumb.... but you gusy reguilarly use that argument against giys like Bruce, Jim, Thurman, and Andre! At least they MADE IT to the big one.

:mrt: :laugh: :shakeno: :nono: :stooges:

Um, so did Marino.

Without hesitation or doubt...

YES...

Just as I rooted for Favre, Elway, Payton, and even Jim Kelly...

Now, if he were playing against the Dolphins, that would be a tough one...

Re: Re: Re: Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

i agree.. i wish him and kelly had one like elways.

dont hate because miami couldnt draft a RB to save its life, and the bills got a HOF rb in the second round :D

:jk:

...and Buffalo can't draft a CB to save it's life either.

Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Nate Clements :lol: :lol:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

Originally posted by Gonk

...and Buffalo can't draft a CB to save it's life either.

Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Nate Clements :lol: :lol:

oh boy..

yeah.. cuz smith and burris sooo bad :rolleyes:

and dont even go there on clements and winfield.

they may not be surtain and madison.. (who else have you drafted at CB besides them? fletcher?:lol: ) but you will be hard pressed to find an NFL personel guy say they are not a great combo.

I would have rather had dan stay a dolphin his whole life. He deserved a ring but id rather see him retire a dolphin.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

oh boy..

yeah.. cuz smith and burris sooo bad :rolleyes:

and dont even go there on clements and winfield.

they may not be surtain and madison.. (who else have you drafted at CB besides them? fletcher?:lol: ) but you will be hard pressed to find an NFL personel guy say they are not a great combo.

Burris would be half decent if it wasn't for him GETTING HURT EVERY SINGLE YEAR! Smith just plain sucks, he's a bust for a first round pick.

Clements and Winfield are good, but they are not playmakers... and playmakers are exactly the guys you need at corner back. Last year you guys were ranked 28th in the league for the amount of interceptions, and 22nd in the league for the amount of TD's given up.

smith was a solid cb for some time. i dont consider him a bust.

burris the same.

winfield and clements are good.. you said it..

i fail to see how the bills cant draft CBs..

and if you really wanted to point out something (lack of knowledge obviously) you would have pointed out JD Williams as a 1st round bust at CB..

and you havent answered my question.. other than the 2 cbs you got now.. who have the fins drafted that has been so hot? fletcher? rofl.. yeah.. he rocks.. first rounder too.. nice.

Back
Top Bottom