Would you have rooted for Marino IF: | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

Would you have rooted for Marino to win a Superbowl with another team?

• Yes

Votes: 37 75.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 24.5%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Ozzy

Re-read it Tonka.....

It has nothing to do with grammer. I could not care less if he misspells every other word. Usually I can figure out the misspelled words. Or even if the sentences are put together wrong. Heck, me do it all the time meself.

Nothing but smack talk, that's all he knows. Now if you were to tell me he is only 12, fine but.............

He needs to learn football! Or stay in the SMACK FORUM!

And besides I get under his skin with it!!! He has went as far as calling me a POS. I would have liked nothing more, than for him to spell it out. Get it?

rofl.. i gotcha..

if he is silly enough to bite.. you mine as well reel him in ;)

Marino was the guy before Jay "The Man" Fiedler right?

I've heard of him!

Originally posted by Tatonka
would you have rooted for marino if he had gone to any other team in the nfl.. lets say denver, who i believe won it all the year he retired... and won a superbowl with another team in his last year and then retired?

:eat:

Nope, no way. I'm a Miami Dolphins fan, not a fan of any one player.

This is a very telling poll and thread, great idea!

Oliver...

"would I want him to leave if it meant he'd win a title"

Mmmm, have to say that since winning that tiotle would not be gauranteed I'd hate to have seen him leave. I root for the team, always have. My favorite player growing up was Larry Csonka. Saw him leave for some two bit league, then reenter the NFL playuing for a team in my town. Always remained a Fin fan, but rooted for Zonk. The team comes first, players and coaches come and go. It was great to see him come back.

I would have been disgusted if Dan left the Fins to win the Super Bowl. I would have rooted for him to lose and would never have thought the same about him.

Why wouldn't you support him? He was the GREATEST QB of all time. Then when he wanted what every player wants - Super Bowl ring - we would bash him.....pffft! Lets not be selfish idiots.

Is anybody else as mad as I am that TRENT DILFER has a Super Bowl ring and Dan Marino doesn't????? TRENT DILFER!!!!! I know that he simply rode that amazing Baltimore defense, but still.....
:nono:

I would have rooted for Dan anywhere he went. If it were Dan on the Jets against Miami in the SB, I'd have rooted for Dan. He deserved a ring and the Fins would deserve to lose for letting him go.

PS. That would be the ONLY way I would EVER root for the Jets.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Would you have rooted for Marino IF:

Originally posted by Gonk

...and Buffalo can't draft a CB to save it's life either.

Thomas Smith, Jeff Burris, Nate Clements :lol: :lol:

This was such an interesting thread until this homer post. Clements is not a CB. He was Miami's best wr last year. Duh!

There are some really ridiculous things in this thread:

1. The question was if he left the Dolphins and won with another team would you root for him. So, that means the Dolphins would not be competing in the SUper Bowl or leaving would not be required.

2. Dan is not the best ever?? Rice is? Tell me how Rice is so much more accomplished as a WR then Da n was as a QB? Dan has every passing record there is, and no one is even close.

3. How did this deteriorate into a discussion about the Buffalo Jills drafting ability?

Dan deserved better than how it ended for him. As far as being a whiner?? It's called competitiveness. If this current team had half of Dan's heart we wouldn't be tanking it every year.

I remember thinking about this back when there were rumors about marino going to the Vikings before he retired. It was a tough choice at first, but as I thought about it, it became a very easy choice - for me anyways. Marino is what got me hooked on the fins in the first place. His arm, his release, his command on the field. After watching him play for 17 years, and every year giving it everything he had, but not winning it all because the team couldn't build a running game or defense - that was tough. So I don't care where he went - Vikings, even the dreaded jets or bills, I would root for him all the way. As far as I'm concerned, there will always be the Miami Dolphins, and they will always have a chance to go to and win the Super Bowl. But there was only one Marino, and his oppertunities were limited. So in this one case, my loyalties were more with a player than the team. But Marino was an exception, from here on out it will always be the Miami Dolphins - not a player.

Originally posted by fin-atic
There are some really ridiculous things in this thread:

1. The question was if he left the Dolphins and won with another team would you root for him. So, that means the Dolphins would not be competing in the SUper Bowl or leaving would not be required.

2. Dan is not the best ever?? Rice is? Tell me how Rice is so much more accomplished as a WR then Da n was as a QB? Dan has every passing record there is, and no one is even close.

3. How did this deteriorate into a discussion about the Buffalo Jills drafting ability?

Dan deserved better than how it ended for him. As far as being a whiner?? It's called competitiveness. If this current team had half of Dan's heart we wouldn't be tanking it every year.

Dan being the greatest is all a matter of opinion. He was the greates pure passer IMO, not the greatest all around qb.

The worst combination the fins did was put Marino and Jimmy Johnson together. A passing qb with a run minded coach. This is what made Dan's exit from the league one of the worst retirement situation by a great player.

Originally posted by justafan

Dan being the greatest is all a matter of opinion. He was the greates pure passer IMO, not the greatest all around qb.

The worst combination the fins did was put Marino and Jimmy Johnson together. A passing qb with a run minded coach. This is what made Dan's exit from the league one of the worst retirement situation by a great player.

I agree with that, there are a few QB's who were better than Dan Marino.

But he was the BEST drop backer passer with one of the quickest releases ever.

Oliver...

FBanks, I remember sometimes Dan would throw the football to his receiver and he'd make a mistake and Marino would throw a temper tantrum about it. Sometimes Marino would look to the coach on the sidelines and cuss, shake his head, or roll his eyes at an answer he would get. That's ridiculous man, just play the game and stop crying. Fiedler never pulls that crap no matter who makes the mistake.

I was so glad to see Jimmy Johnson leave. For all the hype surrounding his arrival, he never even won a division title! Not ONCE in four years! So what happens when Wanny comes in? He wins the division in his FIRST year! In my opinion, Wanny's first year far surpassed JJ's entire career. He guided the team to more wins than JJ had in ANY season, he got just as far as JJ ever got in the play-offs, and he got the division title that JJ never got. Oh yeah, and the Dolphins won more games in his second regular season than any of JJ's regular season teams. Sure, they stunk it up against Baltimore in the play-offs, but that was really no worse than JJ's only loss in the first round to NE (almost identical scores, 20-3 and 17-3). And last year, Wanny's worst with the Dolphins, was still better than JJ's worst (9-7 to 8-8). The only thing JJ did for this team was build the foundation for a strong defense (Thomas, Taylor, Madison, and Surtain). Other than that, I thought he didn't do a very good job coaching. Can you tell I prefer Wanny to JJ as a coach?

Back
Top Bottom