Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE

WR or te

• Dynamic WR

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • Prototypical TE

Votes: 73 62.4%

• Total voters
Tight end. Without a doubt.

The college and pro games are way behind the curve in matching up against the premium athletes at tight end by putting some of their best athletes at linebacker. It's going to take another half generation before you start seeing more guys like Ryan Shazier and Alex Ogletree come down the pipe, and until then tight ends like Jimmy Graham and Rob Gronkowski are going to rule the galaxy.

Not to mention, Ryan Tannehill has always preferred to throw inside the hashes. That's why Ryan Swope was the top receiver at Texas aTm and why Jarvis Landry has become Tannehill's favorite so quickly this year. You can invest in the top outside threats all you want. He's always going to prefer throwing inside. Might as well just get used to it and draft accordingly.

The kid loves those outside cut routes/comebacks. Has a mean arm with the accuracy to get them there to.

The kid loves those outside cut routes/comebacks. Has a mean arm with the accuracy to get them there to.

I agree. He does like those particular outside routes. But it doesn't take a #1 receiver to run them. Even Hartline can run a comeback when the defensive back has deep responsibility.

I'm interested in what we might have going on there. Very intrigued in fact.

Did you see the fade thrown to him when the play was whistled dead last week? Not saying it's a fair assessment at all, but he bobbled it like 4 times with no one within 10 yards of him. Just because a guy has the right build and is athletic doesn't mean you can just expect him to change opinions. Again not opposed, just think it's a stretch and thought I'd throw out the one play he's worked on offense.

I went WR but it's pretty much equal to me. WR gets the edge since I think it's a more attainable goal next offseason. My support of a WR is this, we want to open this offense. I think more so than making the the intermediate game even more efficient. I think a big WR that can get downfield and make contested catches overs more value to the growth of our offense and QB. Would've loved to see Allen Robinson in this offense, great YAC guy with good size.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you mean a top tier 8-10 td a season TE... id rather make do with decent receivers and an elite TE than great receivers and little at TE

Based on what we have now I voted TE without having to think too much about it. A TE will help both the passing and running game.

TE.....no question. We have a very good receiving corp. A dynamic TE is a red zone threat and can move our passing game from the sidelines to the middle of the field.

So where do we get one?

TE.....no question. We have a very good receiving corp. A dynamic TE is a red zone threat and can move our passing game from the sidelines to the middle of the field.

So where do we get one?

We had our chances with Graham and Kronks but the genius Ireland passed on both that moron.

The idea of a Gronk or Jimmy Graham (**** you and your prehistoric paradigms Tuna!) as a red zone and dependable mid field threat that feeds into Tannehill's strengths is intoxicating. Sometimes I wonder whether we'd have made the playoffs last season if Keller had stayed healthy (after all, even Sanchez made him look good)

I went WR but it's pretty much equal to me. WR gets the edge since I think it's a more attainable goal next offseason.

Well, if we're factoring in which one we can actually address this off-season, then it's clearly WR. This draft apepars to be LOADED with big bodied guys, while I don't think anyone is excited about this TE class.

Well, if we're factoring in which one we can actually address this off-season, then it's clearly WR. This draft apepars to be LOADED with big bodied guys, while I don't think anyone is excited about this TE class.

Anyone coming available in free agency?

Back
Top Bottom