Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE

WR or te

• Dynamic WR

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • Prototypical TE

Votes: 73 62.4%

• Total voters
Miami would benefit on either. If I had to choose it'd be TE because it would open up the middle of the field.

Getting a big and fast WR wouldn't be the worst thing either.

Bigger need, imo.

Cool story. Start a thread about it. It might be but I never stated anything otherwise. Mainly because it was not the point of thread (hence "simple question"). That is all.

How about we get a number 1 QB first....amiright?

TE's are more versatile and would do wonder for our Red Zone offense....also the mismatches are greater from that position...

Melvin Gordon.

This offense really does need a stud RB. Going into the draft, I pegged Jeremy Hill as skill position player that would most impact the Miami's offense. Hill is averaging 4.9 YPC, and he led the NFL in rushing over the month of November. G. Bernard, by comparison, is averaging 3.9 YPC in the same offense. I love Landry, and I'm not at all upset that we selected instead of Hill (had a shot at Hill if we didn't trade down), but I do think it was a mistake to ignore the position. Could be because 2015 RB group is better, but we're shaky at the position, and the importance of the RB position is magnified this time of year. I'd consider drafting two RB's in 2015.

I'd love to land either Duke Johnson or D. J. Foster and pair that pick with Coleman or Ajayi. Of course, I'm not opposed to drafting Melvin Gordon in the 1st, but with the RB position, I'd prefer to compensate for the inherent risks by spreading what we spend. You might be able to land Ajayi in the 4th. Coleman will probably go in the 2nd, but Johnson and Foster could easily fall to the 3rd. Foster's versatility, in particular, would let him play on the field at the same time as your "main" back. So as much as I'd love a dynamo like Gordon, the offense needs a physical RB and RB who can hurt the D in the passing game - and has big play ability taking handoffs or catching the ball. I'd rather spend that 1st on D or WR (no TE's I'd draft) and use a 2nd and a 3rd (worst case) on RB's than use that 1st on a RB. Gurley and Gordon are both potential superstars, but, again, the injury risk for a RB makes me want to diversify my risks.

This offense really does need a stud RB. Going into the draft, I pegged Jeremy Hill as skill position player that would most impact the Miami's offense. Hill is averaging 4.9 YPC, and he led the NFL in rushing over the month of November. G. Bernard, by comparison, is averaging 3.9 YPC in the same offense. I love Landry, and I'm not at all upset that we selected instead of Hill (had a shot at Hill if we didn't trade down), but I do think it was a mistake to ignore the position. Could be because 2015 RB group is better, but we're shaky at the position, and the importance of the RB position is magnified this time of year. I'd consider drafting two RB's in 2015.

I'd love to land either Duke Johnson or D. J. Foster and pair that pick with Coleman or Ajayi. Of course, I'm not opposed to drafting Melvin Gordon in the 1st, but with the RB position, I'd prefer to compensate for the inherent risks by spreading what we spend. You might be able to land Ajayi in the 4th. Coleman will probably go in the 2nd, but Johnson and Foster could easily fall to the 3rd. Foster's versatility, in particular, would let him play on the field at the same time as your "main" back. So as much as I'd love a dynamo like Gordon, the offense needs a physical RB and RB who can hurt the D in the passing game - and has big play ability taking handoffs or catching the ball. I'd rather spend that 1st on D or WR (no TE's I'd draft) and use a 2nd and a 3rd (worst case) on RB's than use that 1st on a RB. Gurley and Gordon are both potential superstars, but, again, the injury risk for a RB makes me want to diversify my risks.

What offense could not use a "stud RB"? What a better feeling than having the next Jamaal Charles on the field.

Stud RB I think would be more beneficial to this team. Especially Since Cooper and White eon't be around for Miami to draft.

What offense could not use a "stud RB"? What a better feeling than having the next Jamaal Charles on the field.

Assuming he stays healthy, I agree that Gordon would be a huge get. Take away the wear and tear of the position, and Gordon is a top-10, bordering on top-5 player in the draft. To me, he's a mix of Terrell Davis and Cordarrelle Patterson, so, yeah, I think he's awesome. I'd be excited to draft him. But very few guys can do it year after year. J. Charles has had his own issues staying healthy. It'll really depend on who else is available (assuming we even have a shot at Gordon).

Some may be opposed to Duke considering we already have a Hurricane back on this team that has underperformed, but he is head and shoulders a better RB than Miller. I'd pee my pants in glee if we could get our hands on that kid.

* Congrats to Duke Johnson on becoming the Miami Hurricanes all-time leading rusher. The names he surpassed on that list alone should tell you enough about the superior talents of Duke.

Congrats to Clive Walford as well who set the UM TE receiving record. He would be a nice pick up in the middle rounds if they don't get a TE early. Maybe third or fourth round.
These guys should be even better in the pros where they'll get decent coaching unlike what they got under Golden and company.

Back
Top Bottom