Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather: a #1 WR or a #1 TE

WR or te

• Dynamic WR

Votes: 44 37.6%
  • Prototypical TE

Votes: 73 62.4%

• Total voters
Some may be opposed to Duke considering we already have a Hurricane back on this team that has underperformed, but he is head and shoulders a better RB than Miller. I'd pee my pants in glee if we could get our hands on that kid.

* Congrats to Duke Johnson on becoming the Miami Hurricanes all-time leading rusher. The names he surpassed on that list alone should tell you enough about the superior talents of Duke.

I really like Duke. I'd just want to limit his touches to keep him healthy, but I'd be happy to draft him in the 2nd or 3rd.

I am not a Canes fan, but I would love to see an all-Miami backfield with Lamar and Duke.

Getting a big receiver to be your dominant weapon and your main redzone target would be great, but with a prototype TE, you get a far more.

You can still get the dominant receiving weapon, and key redzone target you get with a big receiver, but with a TE, you get a better more punishing blocker (helping in the run game/protecting Ryan), and no matter how big the receiver is, he will never be as big as a TE.

Doesn't matter. The te we want is going to be of very similar size and skillset to any true #1 receiver. Look at Calvin johnson and jimmy graham. How much different are these guys really? Call him whatever you want, we need a 6'5" 250 pound guy that can run fast and catch jump balls.

was just about to make a thread titled 'the untouchables' when I saw this one

have you guys seen the numbers rookie receivers have put up so far

swatkins 48/684/5
m evans 49/841/8
beckham 41/609/5
br cooks 53/550/3
benjamin 52/768/8
matthews 54/686/7
arobinson 48/548/2
jar landry 49/450/5
jal brown 37/529/5
mar Bryant 16/321/6

54 tds thru 12 weeks

last year's group has 60 over 2 seasons

TEs are nice but they can be touched . . . receivers can't

nelson agholar please

We need a long, uber athletic receiver with a huge catch radius. Someone that Tannehill can just chuck the ball up to within a 5 meter margin of error, and whom you can trust to come down with the ball. It doesn't matter whether it's a TE, a WR, or JJ Watt. We just don't have that ability on the roster.

I'm going to say TE but next years draft looks kind of weak for the position.

As a red-shirt sophomore, do you think Williams would be ready for the pro game next year?

As a receiver yes. Blocker? Still raw there but he's willing.

For the thread, I big TE for the redzone is a bigger need, but the draft is fairly weak at TE. Some good players in the midrounds, but no one guy you can look at and say "he's gonna be big for a team".

For big WRs that can make plays in the air? LOADED

a Jimmy Graham type TE is harder to find than a big WR. There are plenty of BIG WRs in this draft

We are talking about choosing between a Calvin Johnson like WR or a Jimmy Graham like TE.....and people are choosing TE? wtf..... choose A people, and how is this even a question?

We are talking about choosing between a Calvin Johnson like WR or a Jimmy Graham like TE.....and people are choosing TE? wtf..... choose A people, and how is this even a question?

Who would you take? A healthy Calvin Johnson (The best WR) or a healthy Gronk (The best TE)?

Since 2011 Jimmy Graham leads all WR's and TE's with 44 TD receptions. Care to reevaluate your answer? Not getting snippy here. Just thought it might be a statistic of value that you may have overlooked and it certainly validates the question being asked.

Is that even a question? It Calvin Johnson and anyone who says Gronk is an idiot.

Then you are more worried with a player's stats, then how the player changes the game.

Johnson is an awesome receiver, there is no doubt, but Gronk gives you far more things, a more consistent receiver in the short - 20 yard range, he is a better blocker, a more dangerous red-zone target. Megatron is a better deep threat, and as a receiver will get more passes thrown his way, but in crunch time (3rd down, red-zone, blitz,), it's Gronk that gives you more, and is more important to winning a game.

Put Gronk on the Lions, and the Lions probably are more consistent winning games.

Back
Top Bottom