Would You Rather Have Tua, Fields, or Wilson? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather Have Tua, Fields, or Wilson?

Didn't want to draft Tua, but I'd take him all day before Fields... I'd take a long look at either Trask or Wilson.

Wilson's proven nothing yet, Fields despite only playing 6 games this year has been so bad that his draft stock is in the toilet right, remember he couldn't beat out Fromm at Georgia that's why he's at Ohio State.

This is a stupid question anyway, even if they were serious alternatives, Tua is light years ahead on college resume and what he's already shown in the NFL 6-2 as a starter with record for least picks., some folks on here are diminish what we have, it's almost like they have a hidden agenda.

Wilson's proven nothing yet, Fields despite only playing 6 games this year has been so bad that his draft stock is in the toilet right, remember he couldn't beat out Fromm at Georgia that's why he's at Ohio State.

This is a stupid question anyway, even if they were serious alternatives, Tua is light years ahead on college resume and what he's already shown in the NFL 6-2 as a starter with record for least picks., some folks on here are diminish what we have, it's almost like they have a hidden agenda.
I'd love to have a second possible QB... but I damned sure wouldn't do it before the third round. If Trask slides, I'm on that.

I've only seen a couple BYU games, but Wilson does look pretty good. I don't like Fields.

I'd have to choose Tua and hope he improves.

Don't tempt me with JAX's 1st round pick though.

I would seriously consider what the next possible option could be for next year. Im not convinced at all with Tua and the last thing any of us should want is another Tannehill issue. Fields or Wilson are probably not the answer but I would start searching yesterday for the next QB and I would sign Fitz again.

If anyone likes Fields, play back the full
video of him against Indiana and Northwestern. Those games tell you what you need to know. Otherwise he played in games where the talent around him overwhelmed the opposition. That kind of tape is meaningless. Stick to the games that are a challenge. Those will tell you what you need to know.

And his coach inherited an amazing situation from Urban who is one of the all
time minds in college football. Day is running on the fumes of Urban and OSU will always recruit well with their brand. But we will see where they are when the transition to Day’s full roster and program is in.

Sometimes I wonder if people start threads because they are instigators or just crazy! :shrug:

I knew this kind of response was coming. If you read my post I said I'd keep Tua and draft Sewell or Smith. But I want to read some opinions. You'd have to be crazy not to be intrigued by Wilson... I'm also fascinated by Trask. Kid is a sick gunslinger. Kinda like a rich man's version of Fitzpatrick.

...only reason this question has any validity is if we missed the mark taking Tua.

This is especially acute given the QB selected right after our pick. And he's looking

pretty good (just setting a rookie QB record). Wilson looks legit in certain ways but

kind of girly body (durability as a Pro is a concern) I'd rather have a STRONG feeling

re Tua but so far I don't. I wish I did. He's been very up and down. His stats are

very weak and I know some default to the winning record but honestly that's

despite him as much as because of him. I just don't know... But we do have

options if Grier / Flo believe we need to hedge our bet.

I'd love to have a second possible QB... but I damned sure wouldn't do it before the third round. If Trask slides, I'm on that.
If he turns pro, Malik Willis could be an interesting later round pick.

I mean since theres so many bama fans here why dont we draft mac jones? I mean he was playing better than Tua when he went out.:shrug:

I knew this kind of response was coming. If you read my post I said I'd keep Tua and draft Sewell or Smith. But I want to read some opinions. You'd have to be crazy not to be intrigued by Wilson... I'm also fascinated by Trask. Kid is a sick gunslinger. Kinda like a rich man's version of Fitzpatrick.
I've watched every snap of Trask's college career, he's fools gold dude. He's improved dramatically under Mullins wing, to the point where he will be a draft pick but he's in the mould of a QB from a different era, he makes 42 year old Brady look fleet footed. He's got a football brain though and makes good decisions, he'll be a good back up somewhere in the league but you are making a huge mistake if you try to build a franchise around him or Mack Jones for that matter.

As for Wilson, he's had one year of production, a covid hit year, couldn't beat Costal Carolina on the road. He's proven nothing, if you are intrigued by that, I have some ocean view property to sell in Arizona if you are interested. He's QB #2 though in a very thin QB class, Lawrence is way better than the rest.

I wouldn’t go QB w/ 1A, however I’ll never blame a team for selecting a QB that they have an elite grade on. It’s not often that you get a pick within the top 5, or a shot at those guys.

I haven’t watched Zach Wilson enough to form an opinion, but I’ve seen guys that have A to A+ grades on him.

I’d trade down, and take Devonta smith. But if a QB is the pick I certainly would understand.

IMO, tua isn’t the problem. I’d rather get him some help.

Back
Top Bottom