Would You Rather Have Tua, Fields, or Wilson? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather Have Tua, Fields, or Wilson?

My worst case scenerio is Tua is Alex Smith, or Mariotta. A game manager with the 5th pick is not what we had planned for. If this is all Tua is going to be which is not necessarily a bad thing then we need to either stack him with the best weapons that we can find or draft another qb. Question is does he make average player's better or do we need an All Star team for him to be successful.

I cou
I've watched every snap of Trask's college career, he's fools gold dude. He's improved dramatically under Mullins wing, to the point where he will be a draft pick but he's in the mould of a QB from a different era, he makes 42 year old Brady look fleet footed. He's got a football brain though and makes good decisions, he'll be a good back up somewhere in the league but you are making a huge mistake if you try to build a franchise around him or Mack Jones for that matter.

As for Wilson, he's had one year of production, a covid hit year, couldn't beat Costal Carolina on the road. He's proven nothing, if you are intrigued by that, I have some ocean view property to sell in Arizona if you are interested. He's QB #2 though in a very thin QB class, Lawrence is way better than the rest
I couldn’t agree more. The Only QB I’d consider in this draft is Lawrence, the rest are average. I fully believe Trask is fools gold. Fields has actually hurt his draft stock imo cause he has looked average most of the Season. Wilson plays in a weak Conference and his numbers have shown it. Anyone wanna really pick another QB from BYU, feel like we’ve done this.

My worst case scenerio is Tua is Alex Smith, or Mariotta. A game manager with the 5th pick is not what we had planned for. If this is all Tua is going to be which is not necessarily a bad thing then we need to either stack him with the best weapons that we can find or draft another qb. Question is does he make average player's better or do we need an All Star team for him to be successful.
And no i'm not saying Tua is a bust. He may well be the franchise QB we hoped for but, since we do have this high draft pick and Tua hasn't shown enough yet do we get an insurance policy with that pick.

Serious question. We may very well be in a position to draft either Fields or Wilson. We could get a first round pick for Tua. After watching what Hurts is doing in Philly, we are either misusing the **** out of Tua, or Hurts is a much better QB.... I truly believe it's the former and we also lack weapons etc... However. Seriously... If we're picking 3rd or 4th and Wilson or Fields is on the board : Would you rather have Tua, Fields, or Wilson going forward? I truly believe all 3 can be very good QBs... But honestly, Fields and Wilson probably have a higher ceiling. What do we do?

Personally, I'd keep Tua and draft Sewell if he's there. If he's not there, I'm taking Smith from Bama. BUT.... BUT.... Fields or Wilson look amazing. I'm just interested in getting some opinions on the subject.
A “serious question” implies some level of conflict. Tua is the QB. We didn’t draft him 5th overall to give up after a few games. The kid is a year removed from a life changing injury + surgery. He had no off-season. He has no weapons. Sit back and enjoy our 10 win (so far) season.

The kid is 6-2. Without camp and without receivers. And people wants to replace him already.
Stick to Madden please.
Don't think anyone or most reasonable people are saying bust but, when you have that high of a pick coming and your QB hasn't show at least as of yet Franchise qb play then of course your going to wonder what if? I also think the fact that Fitz has made bad receivers at least usable does make people wonder. I personally would not go get another qb in the draft but, i'm darn sure bringing in a Fitz like veteran in if Fitz decides to leave. This team is too close not to have a backup plan.

Serious question. We may very well be in a position to draft either Fields or Wilson. We could get a first round pick for Tua. After watching what Hurts is doing in Philly, we are either misusing the **** out of Tua, or Hurts is a much better QB.... I truly believe it's the former and we also lack weapons etc... However. Seriously... If we're picking 3rd or 4th and Wilson or Fields is on the board : Would you rather have Tua, Fields, or Wilson going forward? I truly believe all 3 can be very good QBs... But honestly, Fields and Wilson probably have a higher ceiling. What do we do?

Personally, I'd keep Tua and draft Sewell if he's there. If he's not there, I'm taking Smith from Bama. BUT.... BUT.... Fields or Wilson look amazing. I'm just interested in getting some opinions on the subject.
Can't take you serious with your serious question.

Don't think anyone or most reasonable people are saying bust but, when you have that high of a pick coming and your QB hasn't show at least as of yet Franchise qb play then of course your going to wonder what if? I also think the fact that Fitz has made bad receivers at least usable does make people wonder. I personally would not go get another qb in the draft but, i'm darn sure bringing in a Fitz like veteran in if Fitz decides to leave. This team is too close not to have a backup plan.
What happened when we said give Fiedler a chance, get him more weapons, get him a stud rb, etc the team wasted yrs with a championship defense. We can't put all our ducks on Tua.

Let me think about this selection for a split second. Okay I am done thinking about it. I’ll take Tua everyday and not think twice about it.

Wilson's proven nothing yet, Fields despite only playing 6 games this year has been so bad that his draft stock is in the toilet right, remember he couldn't beat out Fromm at Georgia that's why he's at Ohio State.

This is a stupid question anyway, even if they were serious alternatives, Tua is light years ahead on college resume and what he's already shown in the NFL 6-2 as a starter with record for least picks., some folks on here are diminish what we have, it's almost like they have a hidden agenda.
What agenda do I have? You clearly didn't read my post. I said I'd keep Tua. What's my agenda? I like Tua, I'm just not blind and I love Wilson as a prospect. Kid has Mahomes like qualities.

I cou

I couldn’t agree more. The Only QB I’d consider in this draft is Lawrence, the rest are average. I fully believe Trask is fools gold. Fields has actually hurt his draft stock imo cause he has looked average most of the Season. Wilson plays in a weak Conference and his numbers have shown it. Anyone wanna really pick another QB from BYU, feel like we’ve done this.
I'm a rare Indiana University and Miami Dolphins fan and I can tell you that the talent level between Ohio State and Indiana is ridiculous and the big reason that we came back from 35-7 to almost beat Ohio State was Field's inability to react when he had pressure on him and his inability to read different coverages. He got confused very easily. Same thing happened when he played in the Big Ten Championship against Northwestern.

Honestly, the Big Ten was weak this year -- and the only winning teams he played against were Indiana and Northwestern. 30 of 57 for 414 with 2 TDs and 5 picks against the only winning teams he played this year.

Back
Top Bottom