Would You Rather Have Tua, Fields, or Wilson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would You Rather Have Tua, Fields, or Wilson?

I wouldn’t go QB w/ 1A, however I’ll never blame a team for selecting a QB that they have an elite grade on. It’s not often that you get a pick within the top 5, or a shot at those guys.

I haven’t watched Zach Wilson enough to form an opinion, but I’ve seen guys that have A to A+ grades on him.

I’d trade down, and take Devonta smith. But if a QB is the pick I certainly would understand.

IMO, tua isn’t the problem. I’d rather get him some help.

Got news for you, Smith may be the best SEC wide out ever and he's not gonna likely be there if we trade out. I see Smith going top 5-8 at lowest. He's WR1 in this draft. He's the first one taken. Jamar Chase benefited huge from Joe Bradys offense and he's nowhere near as explosive as Smith, nor is he the route runner that Smith is, and he doesn't have Smiths hands either. Smith is better in every way than every other WR in this draft except in his body type which.... Reminds me of Marvin Harrison, and that's my NFL player comp for Devonta Smith. He's the next Marvin and we'll see him in Canton in roughly 25 years.

Again. I said I'd keep Tua lol. Whatever man. Can't make everyone happy. Just asking the question and looking for opinions.
Personally, I'm not high on Fields but I'm very high on Wilson and I know many others are as well.

I'd keep Tua and draft Sewell or Smith... And I think that's what we more than likely will do.

I knew this kind of response was coming. If you read my post I said I'd keep Tua and draft Sewell or Smith. But I want to read some opinions. You'd have to be crazy not to be intrigued by Wilson... I'm also fascinated by Trask. Kid is a sick gunslinger. Kinda like a rich man's version of Fitzpatrick.

Your problem is, this exact thread has come in many forms over the last 3 months. Neither unique nor unanswered at this point.

What happened when we said give Fiedler a chance, get him more weapons, get him a stud rb, etc the team wasted yrs with a championship defense. We can't put all our ducks on Tua.
Jay Fiedler went undrafted in 1994. Tua was the 5th overall pick in 2020. There is zero comparison outside of the position they play(ed). The kid will be the starting QB next year on a team with (hopefully) way more offensive talent. Not even a slight concern at this point.

Tua's numbers compare pretty favorably with Kyler Murray his first year, We honestly shouldn't have been able to compete this year for the playoffs with the talent level on this roster but good coaching,Defense, and Game managment have brought us to the cusp of 11-5.

Some of you act like the guy who has a beautiful girlfriend who loves him and can even cook, but you’re always checkin out other girls wondering if they’re better. Eventually you end up being a broke single guy with an ugly girlfriend who can’t cook. That’s a Dolphin fan

Tua's numbers compare pretty favorably with Kyler Murray his first year, We honestly shouldn't have been able to compete this year for the playoffs with the talent level on this roster but good coaching,Defense, and Game managment have brought us to the cusp of 11-5.
And Tua outdueled K Murray

Got news for you, Smith may be the best SEC wide out ever and he's not gonna likely be there if we trade out. I see Smith going top 5-8 at lowest. He's WR1 in this draft. He's the first one taken. Jamar Chase benefited huge from Joe Bradys offense and he's nowhere near as explosive as Smith, nor is he the route runner that Smith is, and he doesn't have Smiths hands either. Smith is better in every way than every other WR in this draft except in his body type which.... Reminds me of Marvin Harrison, and that's my NFL player comp for Devonta Smith. He's the next Marvin and we'll see him in Canton in roughly 25 years.
Definitely risk losing out on Smith with a trade down. Awesome prospect and I think the perfect fit for Tua.

Is Smith better than Chase? I could easily buy in.

Fields is a huge project who shouldn't be drafted higher than Hurts was.

I think Tua will be an elite top 5 qb in the league. He just needs some weapons and an OC that will utilize him correctly. So no thanks to fields or Wilson or anyone else

Back
Top Bottom