Would you trade X for two first round picks? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade X for two first round picks?

I think the key to our team is we are allowed to move back to 6-8 and still allow us to draft Parsons. Parsons with all of our pieces makes our d elite. We could use the extra picks from moving back to still grab maybe Waddle and w/o from Ohio state. Rashawn Slater or Dardisaw with Houstons 2nd and Javonte Smith with our second.

The entire defensive scheme is predicated on dbs who can play man. Without X, our entire defensive scheme is destroyed.

Also what does it say about the dolphins culture. If you're an exceptional talent in this team, you're probably gone (M. Fitzpatrick, tunsil). Not a good look.

Perhaps for another discussion but I actually believe our defensive playbook needs some changes . Putting dbs on an island in clutch game situations is never a good idea over the long run.

I like X, but 2 first rounders? Yeah...he would go.

I think Jalen Ramsay is objectively a better CB - younger, a bit more physical, no injury concerns.

X is my favorite player on the team, but I would absolutely trade him for 2 #1's and wouldn't think twice about it, regardless of where in the first those picks are.

The whole purpose of the draft is to hit on all pros... WTF is the point of trading them away when they reach that status? Man this fanbase is broken...

The whole purpose of the draft is to hit on all pros... WTF is the point of trading them away when they reach that status? Man this fanbase is broken...
Well, there is the line of thinking that says a year too early is better than a year too late. Salary cap issues also play a part.

In this case, X is a primary key piece that gives Flo huge flexibility, a cornerstone of his entire philosophy.

If you trade him, you better have someone to step in seamlessly, or this defense will regress substantially.

Exactly, lets factor in the salary cap benefits freeing up $15M/yr. We need to use him to trade for Deshaun Watson somehow.

I think the key to our team is we are allowed to move back to 6-8 and still allow us to draft Parsons. Parsons with all of our pieces makes our d elite. We could use the extra picks from moving back to still grab maybe Waddle and w/o from Ohio state. Rashawn Slater or Dardisaw with Houstons 2nd and Javonte Smith with our second.
Like it. Javonte Williams is my favorite RB in this draft

Howard will be 28 next season and comes with an extensive injury history. How many more All Pro seasons does he have? What happens when he gets a $20M+ per year extension and ends up on IR? That being said, the only teams that would ever give up 2 1st round picks for a guy like him would be contenders. No real point in trading our best player for 2 playoff team 1sts. Don’t think we can count on O’Brien getting another job and tanking a playoff team to get us a top 3 1st next year as well.

There is not one person on this team I would not trade for 2 1sts, including Tua.

Nope X is way too valuable to our defense, losing him would call for an entire scheme change most likely. He is a game changer on a regular basis.

Depends on which team offers the 2 first round picks and when. A lot of things to consider but you need to at least listen to offers.

On one hand, X had a bunch of INTs. On the other hand, Miami's big-dollar CBs didn't exactly lock down every WR they covered. Howard probably lost a step or two this season, and with a history of injuries I'd follow the Belichick gameplan and trade him now while he still has some value. Replace him with a talented young CB in the draft, fix the offense so they can can score another TD or two per game, and they'll never miss him.

Back
Top Bottom