Would you trade X for two first round picks? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Would you trade X for two first round picks?

No. The Fins are in Win Now mode going into next year and having one of the best corners in the league allows you to win more games. Also, Iggy isn't where he needs to be.

With that said, if during training camp Noah made a huge leap I'd field the calls. I'd also happily ship him away for just one first after 2021. At that point you know if you have his replacement on the roster or if you have to draft it.

No. The Fins are in Win Now mode going into next year and having one of the best corners in the league allows you to win more games. Also, Iggy isn't where he needs to be.

With that said, if during training camp Noah made a huge leap I'd field the calls. I'd also happily ship him away for just one first after 2021. At that point you know if you have his replacement on the roster or if you have to draft it.

Win forever mode > win now mode

Why are we always talking about trading this guy?

our defense would look entirely different without him making plays

two firsts would be nice and all but it’s time to acquire talent and not keep shipping it out. He was the highest paid cb, and still one of them- if he wants a new deal he needs to suck it up and not learn from the Reshad Jones method of contract disputes

I know Howard is our best player and an All Pro, but everyone has their price. He may be looking for a pay increase and we have a lot of money tied up in our secondary. If a team like the Titans, who feel they are close, made an offer of 1st this year and 1st next year would you do it? Ramsey and Adams both got traded for 2 firsts.

Let it be clear I'm not saying we should be looking for a trade, but we weren't looking to trade Tunsil either.
I trade him to the Texans for Watson.

In an instance where a player has just maximized his value, I'd have to say yes. New England has done it a player such as Chandler Jones, so it might be wise to at least see what other teams are willing to pay, a team like Las Vegas. Howard isn't getting any younger and has had injury issues plague him. I love the guy. He's Miami's best player.

In Miami’s current situation? No. They’re probably going to be able to move back from 3 once or twice and pick up more picks, whether they be in 2021 or 2022.

No. For two reasons.

1) He's elite. The best player on our defense, and he has a nose for the ball. He wins games. Truly. Can't say that about 99% of players in this league.
2) Team captain type of energy. Not trying to set a precedent with our defense that we'll reward your play by shipping you out.

Two firsts are great but we already have the capital, picks, and a QB. Let's try and accomplish something before we discuss trading our best player. We have a window to win.

There's absolutely no way I would trade X.Now if Jones comes up in trade conversations I'd trade him in NY minute.

If it's a high first from a team with little PO aspirations next year, I'd do it. Two firsts from the Lions for example.

Back
Top Bottom