WOW - One Week Philbin's a Hero, The next week He's a zero!!!! Come on Fans | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WOW - One Week Philbin's a Hero, The next week He's a zero!!!! Come on Fans

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
How can u guys switch so easily from love to hate and hate to love week after week???

The truth is that, we are not a playoffs team and I don't know why you would want the Dolphins to be humiliated like in the playoffs with this O-Line!!!!

What I see is high hopes for next year, this team has a bright future ahead but forget about this season!!!!

I've never been sold on Philbin, so forgive me for criticizing him when the same problem associated with his coaching rears its ugly head for the fourth time this season.

I've asked this several times: Philbin believers, tell me what about him makes you so sure he's the guy to make this team a contender? Where is the marked improvement ... or any improvement ... we should expect to see?

It is surprising the emotional swing from week to week.... and it bothers me each week as I try to log on here and get some real insight as to what happened in the game... but the one thing I learned from this week's loss is that there is no creativity from our coaching staff... A caliber head coach such as Walsh... or BB, would have had a game plan in place to overcome the obvious weakness in the trenches...

Exactly, his deficiencies come to the surface in big games and it's a problem. I didn't love him any more after last week than I dislike him this week. He needs to change, to coach, to adjust, and get his team ready to play. IMO, he's been very inconsistent.

I'm about the same on him as I was last week. Bills absolutely exposed our weaknesses and it was terrifying to watch.

Most people dont love Philbin. I don't think he's a coach that players really like playing for. He has a no bull**** type of policy which is good, but his in game adjustments and team preparation is mostly a joke.

I have never said a good word about Philbin. I am not impressed with him as a HC in any way shape or form.

I don't need forgiveness thank you.

When you have a long week and you come out unprepared, that's inexcusable. But then you do it again.

And to top things off, when you're fighting for a playoff birth, maybe the division and you come out completely unprepared, for a third time, and are owned by Thad Lewis? I mean, OWNED. Not even close.

I'd say that qualifies for hero to zero status.

He gets props when he succeeds and he gets bashed when he utterly fails. Part of life.

Philbin was a poor choice for Head Coach. I didn't want him last year, I didn't want him this year, and I hope he's gone next year.

Because some fans on here are as fickle as they come. Team wins 3 on the bounce to get back into the playoff race and we're awesome. Lose one game to a Bills team that just happens to match up very well against us and the sky is falling. We sadly can't match up brilliantly with everyone. Yeah, we sucked today. But we are by no means as bad a team as some of the idiots here make out saying we don't deserve to be in the playoffs. We would or we wouldn't be currently sat in the sixth seed with the best chance of clinching it. People forget we beat the Falcons before they lost their entire team to injury, beat the Colts in Indy, beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh and beat the Patriots. One loss to the Bills doesn't undo that. Their strengths are sadly our weaknesses. **** happens. Man up and deal with it rather than wielding an axe at Ireland's head everytime we lose one game.

I'm not the only one who has been consistently disappointed with Philbin this year... I know a few other level-headed fans expected more this season.

Just because he is a nice guy, or a high character guy, doesn't mean I automatically like him as a head coach for my favorite team.

He has fallen short this season whether it be in-game management, in-game adjustments, or preparation. Even after he called a great game last week, I said he called a great game and was hoping he would continue to improve.

For me, he hasn't showed any consistency as a coach... he's been up and down, and he'll get another shot next year, but the jury is still out on him.

Back
Top Bottom