WR's Parker, Williams, & TE Gesicki a real threat for defenses to deal with | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR's Parker, Williams, & TE Gesicki a real threat for defenses to deal with

Parker finally broke out this year and that means he’s still inconsistent in my eyes until he does it again next year.

Williams is coming of an acl.

Gesicki improved a ton this year but he’s far from a finished product.

Would love to see us add a Tee Higgins or Ceedee Lamb in the 1st this year and then a stud running back like Donbins or Etienne in the second to go along with these guys and really build the offense.

To me they will add 1 in the draft for competition but he will make the team we go with 7 WR's next year.

Go-To Guy #1 WR— Devante Parker
#2 WR — Preston Williams
The Slot — Albert Wilson
Off the Bench — Jakeem Grant
Off the Bench — Isaiah Ford
Off the Bench — Allen Hurns
Off the Bench Jalen Reagor

All others will be camp bodies
Andy Jones, T.J. Rahming, Terry Wright, Hollins, Jennings

Don't sleep on Gary Jennings. As Parker and Williams are big receivers with similar styles, Jennings is a lot like Isaiah Ford only 15 to 20 pounds thicker and faster. I think he's much more than a camp body. Seahawks drafted him in the 4th round and got cute and thought they could sneak him onto the practice squad.

To me they will add 1 in the draft for competition but he will make the team we go with 7 WR's next year.

Go-To Guy #1 WR— Devante Parker
#2 WR — Preston Williams
The Slot — Albert Wilson
Off the Bench — Jakeem Grant
Off the Bench — Isaiah Ford
Off the Bench — Allen Hurns
Off the Bench Jalen Reagor

All others will be camp bodies
Andy Jones, T.J. Rahming, Terry Wright, Hollins, Jennings

Based on the how the WR’s evolved the season I see no real spot for Grant - besides ST and he isn’t great at that either.

If Wilson leaves he will be the speed guy, but I can probably find a better actual wideout.

Based on the how the WR’s evolved the season I see no real spot for Grant - besides ST and he isn’t great at that either.

If Wilson leaves he will be the speed guy, but I can probably find a better actual wideout.
I really like Grant, I hope we keep him. But we used him much better in Gase last season than we did in Flores first season. I hope we use him more often next season on misdirection runs, fly sweeps, drags and post-fade routes. These are the things he did really well in Gase.

Its totally miami that in a rebuild year where we need every position, and the deepest wr class, the only position we can legit not draft is f'in wr.

Don't sleep on Gary Jennings. As Parker and Williams are big receivers with similar styles, Jennings is a lot like Isaiah Ford only 15 to 20 pounds thicker and faster. I think he's much more than a camp body. Seahawks drafted him in the 4th round and got cute and thought they could sneak him onto the practice squad.
I like Jennings more than ford. I can't wait to see Gary in TC.

Can’t think of a team that’s ever carried 7 WRs. They’d trade one before they did that imo

The WR unit was the strongest unit on the team, even before the season started and with both Grant and Wilson coming back from injury. The unit got better, with the emergence of Williams and the resurrection of both Gesicki and Parker; taking the overall receiving unit to another level. Then the healthy returns of Wilson and Grant in the later part of the season, reinforced the strength of the group. Isaiah Ford added to the core and allows Miami the affordability to potentially trade someone for an asset? It's hard to imagine 6 or 7 WR's, which makes the notion of a trade or release very real. I love them all, hate to see anyone go, but with all of them signed until 2022, that's a lot of footballs potentially being slung all over the field?

The WR unit was the strongest unit on the team, even before the season started and with both Grant and Wilson coming back from injury. The unit got better, with the emergence of Williams and the resurrection of both Gesicki and Parker; taking the overall receiving unit to another level. Then the healthy returns of Wilson and Grant in the later part of the season, reinforced the strength of the group. Isaiah Ford added to the core and allows Miami the affordability to potentially trade someone for an asset? It's hard to imagine 6 or 7 WR's, which makes the notion of a trade or release very real. I love them all, hate to see anyone go, but with all of them signed until 2022, that's a lot of footballs potentially being slung all over the field?
I hate to say it, because I like the kid, but Ford could be percieved as having value, because of the way he played late in the year. I could see a team giving us a mid rd pick.

I hate to say it, because I like the kid, but Ford could be percieved as having value, because of the way he played late in the year. I could see a team giving us a mid rd pick.
It's a good problem to have, but something has to give. That's a lot of money tied up into Parker, Grant, Wilson and Hurns.

It's a good problem to have, but something has to give. That's a lot of money tied up into Parker, Grant, Wilson and Hurns.
Other than Wilson, who will probably have to restructure, we don't really have that much tied up, relative to a lot of teams.

It's more a matter of numbers. Assuming Williams is good as new, throw Ford, and Jennings in the mix, and we really cant keep all of them.

We are REALLY deep at WR, and the WR crop, while attractive, sure does look like a luxury when we need groceries.

I wouldn't do it unless our FA harvest is way better than I expect it to be.

Parker is a threat teams will have to gameplan for.

Gesicki is a mismatch defenses have to watch.

Preston played admirably for a UDFA but he's not Parker's level, who dominated Gilmore. That was a coming of age performance season. Preston has a ways to go to earn gameplan respect imo.

Parker is a threat teams will have to gameplan for.

Gesicki is a mismatch defenses have to watch.

Preston played admirably for a UDFA but he's not Parker's level, who dominated Gilmore. That was a coming of age performance season. Preston has a ways to go to earn gameplan respect imo.
I agree that PW hasn't really proven anything yet. I hope the injury isn't something that is lingering, or slows him. Aside from that, he has to get the drops under control.

Having said that, having two big fast recievers, not to mention MG, puts a defense in a tough spot, not to mention the downfield blocking aspect.

Back
Top Bottom