WR's Parker, Williams, & TE Gesicki a real threat for defenses to deal with | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WR's Parker, Williams, & TE Gesicki a real threat for defenses to deal with

Interesting, but my comment had nothing to do, specifically, with play action, as your references do.

Play action is about fooling defenders into reading false keys, not about getting the D to cheat against a successful running attack.

Meh, they are what they are. The difference would be the team around the, assuming coaching is roughly equal. I'm not going to put Hurns or Ford in a conversation with JJ.

Nor would I. But teams don't need - don't have - 4 #1 receivers. DVP ended the season top 10. Williams, in his 1st few games as a pro, was in the top quarter. Ford and wilson were top 3rd in the slot. That's not close to an elite corp, but given an above average QB and OL, could be productive. That said, it's not complete. Needs a quick, speedy guy with good hands.

Agree, but I'm not real impressed with Grant as a returner.

Yeah same here, and to make it worse, he is always hurt, so his value is becoming less and less every day.

I think there is a good chance Miami tries to enter him in any trade package they attempt, or as soon as they can, let him go.

Add a guy like Henry to that combination, pay him big first yr, we have a ton of cap and nobody to give it to Bring back Tannyhill,,Conklin and Henry Joking about Tannyhill it is not happening

We are fine at WR for at least next season. As far as RBs I don’t wanna spend money on any free agent RB unless they come in as a backup role like Gore did. . I want to draft a couple of RBs every four years and use and abuse them. I wanna churn that position and run them in the ground. These high profile RBs drafted in the early first round who come off their first contract are looking for a pay day and then lounge. Drafting these RBs in the first round and paying them QB money does not win championships. Plenty of RB value in the second third and fourth rounds.

Agree but show some respect, they are humans not a pair of cheap tennis shoes

Nope I'd address every position other then RB in the draft, RB's for the precise reason above tend to be the least expensive position to shop for in Free Agency so why waste draft picks when we could likely get a decent RB for cheap.

I agree with Cash though, Its disrespectful but in all honesty when i run into a high school kid bragging about getting a scholarship to a college at HB.. I immediately tell him he should switch positions.. Worst position for your longterm health and worst position to make money in the NFL should you make it through all the free hits you take for your college.

Wilson IMO gone

While we're fantasizing
You crave a Real threat ?

Somehow Draft WR, Jalen Reagor ...add him you actually have a threat

40 in 4.29 seconds Ya thats not a typo 4.29 sec. Talk about opening up the top ( only a thought )
Never heard of him but I watched a few highlight reels. Guy is a beast. Has a little Steve Smith in him but with wheels.

Wilson IMO gone

While we're fantasizing
You crave a Real threat ?

Somehow Draft WR, Jalen Reagor ...add him you actually have a threat

40 in 4.29 seconds Ya thats not a typo 4.29 sec. Talk about opening up the top ( only a thought )

Looks good. Plays bigger than his size. What round is he projected? Would not use one of our 1st round draft pick.

Ford might actually be our 4th best WR, if we keep Wilson. The dude was Ballin' last few weeks. We dont win either of those 2 games if he wasnt.

Grant might have to be odd man out. However, if we have to cut Wilson for cap allocation to other places (which would make me sad) then Grant could hopefully be taught Wison's skills and retained.
Weird thing about Grant, to me, is how often he was put in outside routes or deep balls. Yeah, he's fast, but really sucks at tracking deep balls or getting position on the defender. I think he'd get Wide Open a lot running crossers and those plays out of the backfield and plays that resemble KO/punt-returning.
Also, does Hurns look any better than Ford did this year?

Miami's Receiving squad this coming year is going to be insanely good if the Line is fixed, and Miami makes the right QB decision.

I understand where all that want Miami to pick a receiver early are coming from, huge list of quality receivers this year, and more weapons on offense, the better.

Problem is, Miami needs some quality starting O-Linemen, A quality starting QB, a quality starting RB, a quality starting pass-rushing DE, a Strong Safety, A Corner.

Can't expect to have an entire roster of possible all-pros at Receiver and TE. Miami ia going to have Parker and Williams, but could easily be the #1 receiver on most teams if each continue playing like they did this past year.

Gesicki quietly is becoming a play making TE that in the Redzone is becoming deadly.

I know many of you really dislike Hurns, and he very well may not be brought back, but he really cane on in the 2nd half.

Wilson in the last few games was starting to look closer to the receiver he used to be...if he even reaches 80% of that receiver in 2018, we have 3 dangerous receivers

Finally Ford and Grant each have a different skill set, but can easily both contribute more then enough to help Miami.

That's 6 good to very good receivers and one ascending TE...No reasin to go receiver early.
Whoever we draft at QB this year will probably not be a factor this year. I strongly doubt that we can do better this offseason as it relates to readiness by Labor Day than Fitzpatrick. A healthy Tua you could almost see handing the reins to but that aint happening. Burrow will be long gone and he might not even start over Dalton by week 1.
I cant see, barring injury to Fitz, any other QB starting for Miami until week 8 unless Rosen becomes a MAN or some other kid we draft shocks the world and sits Fitz and Rosen. Herbert? Love, Eason? You think any of those guys could supplant Fitz And Rosen, assuming Rosen is even a Dolphin by week 8 (or week 1)?

Back
Top Bottom