WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style

Translation: They failed to acquire the every down back they desired, so the direction of the offense changed completely.

Funny thing is we actually have the personnel to run the WCO effectively...........aside from QB, which is why it's not going to work.

Would you like to share the crystal ball you are looking into? I wish I could accurately predict the future like you.

People really need to relax. We haven't run a single play in a game of our offense and people post **** like this. Unbelievable.

Translation: They failed to acquire the every down back they desired, so the direction of the offense changed completely.

Funny thing is we actually have the personnel to run the WCO effectively...........aside from QB, which is why it's not going to work.

Nothing wrong with changing the offense in my eyes. Last year's schemes were drawn up by the residents of the old folks home down the street.

East coast , west coast who cares what they call it. JUST SCORE POINTS

~~~ GOOOO FINS ~~~

whelp we DO have the right players at WR, TE, and RB for a WCO, but even as a Henne fan I think that's gonna speed his way out of town. The West Coast Offense is about good timing, and that's something Henne doesn't really have.

WCO would explain the interest in Farve.
Hope you're being sarcastic.

As his agent have been confirmed everyday, #4 is retired. PERIOD

When Sparano said they are open to any option, he was just giving an empty answer, ALA "time will prove", "whatever will be, will be".

It makes sense really, Think about it.

Marshall Glorified Possesion Receiver
Gates/Bess - Great quick twitch Guys
Fasano - Great Blocker- Above Avg Receiver
Clay - Excellent Receiver - Good Blocker
Thomas - Good Receiver - Tough Runner
Bush - Matuch up nightmare as a pass catching RB

Wont be an exact WCO but it will be a safe/short passing offense and they will hope their big "chunk" plays come as YAC.
Chubbs
Ok, so this is something in between a run-first and WCO...

WOW

It could be worse. For a second I thought WCO meant Wild Cat Offense.

the West Coast Offense can be a very dangerous offense if a team does it right. Marshall arguably had his 2 best years in the WCO in Denver. Having Gates is also good cause most good WCOs have 1 downfield threat.

Course, if you guys hated checkdowns before hand, the WCO has A LOT of Checkdowns

Don't we need an accurate QB to implement a WCO?
Not as accurate on mid/long distance.

Run-first requires better accuracy, because passing is implemented to help when your running attack failed to gain 9+ yards on 2 downs. So this style of offense use a lot of passes in 3rd and long situations.

WCO uses a mix of short and long passes and uses running plays when they aren't expected. That said short yardage accuracy is a must for this style of offense. So if you hated when Chad was picked in short yardage passes, this is going to be worse if he doesn't tune such throws.

whelp we DO have the right players at WR, TE, and RB for a WCO, but even as a Henne fan I think that's gonna speed his way out of town. The West Coast Offense is about good timing, and that's something Henne doesn't really have.

Honestly, if this offensive style is the end of Henne in Miami....remember this name: Nick Foles. He would suit the type of offense being talked about to a T. He's disgustingly accurate, can put zip on short throws, and played in the spread offense in college (meaning a propensity for quick, accurate throws), lots of screen passes, lots of draw plays etc. Also, it's very likely that he'll be available when Miami picks in Round 1 because Luck and Jones will likely be gone in the top 10, and Matt Barkley in the top 15.

Every team has some version of a WCO in thier playbook. Yes every team. Next....

Back
Top Bottom