WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style

I don't think its a WCO, maybe Reggie thinks it is but if you look at what Weiss taught in NE and which Josh McDaniels did there and in Denver, it isn't a WCO, its more of a spacing offense. The routes cause players in zones to have to take more than one receiver into account. If in Man you can drag players away from the mismatch and leave less help.

Guys, just watch a few Browns games and you'll know exactly what system Daboll runs. A lot of offenses today employ various elements from different systems. The WCO probably being one of the most popular. What Daboll ran in Cleveland was not a traditional WC system, but I did see elements of it such as short, horizontal passing to help stretch out the D, timing patterns, etc. Force the D to try to defend against that, then hit em long and hard. This opens up running lanes, passing lanes, leaves D susceptible to draws, etc. But honestly, I don't see this being different from what Bellichik and McDaniel does. Who knows why Reggie referred to it as a WCO; Could be the naming convention?

whelp we DO have the right players at WR, TE, and RB for a WCO, but even as a Henne fan I think that's gonna speed his way out of town. The West Coast Offense is about good timing, and that's something Henne doesn't really have.

I actually disagree with the Henne timing thing, it's one of the things he does well imo. It's when Henne has to do a lot of reading of the defense that he's gotten into the most trouble.

people are so stupid.....so belicheck runs a west coast?

some people i swear.

call it what you want. its not like anyone who has paid attention in the crappy offseason doesnt know what daboll was going to do. call the left coast offense. lefty for mando's favorite Qb who is a lefty. lol what a friggin maroon.

I don't think its a WCO, maybe Reggie thinks it is but if you look at what Weiss taught in NE and which Josh McDaniels did there and in Denver, it isn't a WCO, its more of a spacing offense. The routes cause players in zones to have to take more than one receiver into account. If in Man you can drag players away from the mismatch and leave less help.
Very accurate post.

Guys, just watch a few Browns games and you'll know exactly what system Daboll runs. A lot of offenses today employ various elements from different systems. The WCO probably being one of the most popular. What Daboll ran in Cleveland was not a traditional WC system, but I did see elements of it such as short, horizontal passing to help stretch out the D, timing patterns, etc. Force the D to try to defend against that, then hit em long and hard. This opens up running lanes, passing lanes, leaves D susceptible to draws, etc. But honestly, I don't see this being different from what Bellichik and McDaniel does. Who knows why Reggie referred to it as a WCO; Could be the naming convention?

Think Tom Brady....for about the fiftieth time...that guy gets rid of the ball so fast....thats why he never gets sacked. you have to guess which play will go long.

Don't think RB talked about a naming convention. He sounded optimistic about the system, arguing an upgrade on everyone involved.

Didn't read all the pages but we knew this going in. We knew Daboll ran a more spread out offense, implemented some things from the WCO and we knew this offense would be "more geared" towards "today's" NFL. It will also stop Chad Henne from thinking so much and maybe Daboll can stop him from doing those awful playfakes, especially the ones w/o a RB in the backfield. This team looks like it is going to have a few playmakers with speed on offense this year. Spread them boys out.

We finally get a more explosive offense than dan boring henning and fin fans complain about it, unreal.....

Hope you're being sarcastic.

As his agent have been confirmed everyday, #4 is retired. PERIOD

When Sparano said they are open to any option, he was just giving an empty answer, ALA "time will prove", "whatever will be, will be".

You can't believe what the agent says at this point. This has been classic Favre for quite a while now. That same agent said Favre was retired prior to the Jets and Vikes also.

WOW.. I can't believe people are upset. I think this is great. I argued with a guy who complained we had the same ole thing every year. You wanted a wide open offense.. well we got it. It gives Henne shorter higher percentage passes, and forces the onus on the "playmakers" to break tackles and make plays.

I think this is great news and a major shift in philosophy.

Translation: They failed to acquire the every down back they desired, so the direction of the offense changed completely.

Funny thing is we actually have the personnel to run the WCO effectively...........aside from QB, which is why it's not going to work.

Are you honestly saying that they had this entire offense that Dabboll brought here back in the spring (you know the one that Henne was preparing for) and now that "WE HAVEN"T LANDED AN EVERYDOWN BACK" they decided to go in a completely other direction.

What are you smoking?

Back
Top Bottom