WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style

just when we are going to be checking down a lot and passing to the RB's we let Ronnie walk? That was his best attribute!

I've seen people saying that Henne isn't accurate enough to run the WCO. I beg to differ, as while I'm a huge Henne detractor, his inaccuracy on many short and intermediate routes is probably his best attribute, as he can gun the ball in (which is pretty much the only thing he can do). People have mixed up Henne being a not so good QB with Henne being inaccurate. What keeps Henne from being a good QB is inability to make touch throws, over the top of the defense, and occasionally either really choking on an easy throw or just making a really bad decision and throwing the ball where it shouldn't for reasons you can't fathom.

I think Henne could do well in a WCO.

I've seen people saying that Henne isn't accurate enough to run the WCO. I beg to differ, as while I'm a huge Henne detractor, his inaccuracy on many short and intermediate routes is probably his best attribute, as he can gun the ball in (which is pretty much the only thing he can do). People have mixed up Henne being a not so good QB with Henne being inaccurate. What keeps Henne from being a good QB is inability to make touch throws, over the top of the defense, and occasionally either really choking on an easy throw or just making a really bad decision and throwing the ball where it shouldn't for reasons you can't fathom.

I think Henne could do well in a WCO.

Accurate enough??? ... Not even close. But, that's the least of Henne's worries ... you have to read/react & every play changes depending on the D ... Henne can't read & hit anyone running a straight route ... how's he gonna read & hit guys breaking all around the joint?????????????

Doesn't matter I suppose, it will turn out the same. Sure hope he gets his act together ... he'll have to prove himself to change opinions.

The Dolphins are using more of a spread offense along the lines of NE offensive scheme's but this is not breaking news. The Dolphins have announced this change long before FA started and well before we aquired Reggie Bush so as the OP has presented the topic and others have responded like "that's news to us" I have to ask, where have you've been? This was a known change to our offense fact before the season started and was also implimented as a belief to helping Henne out even more by backing him off the line so he can see,read and react better to the defense being presented to him and audible when necessary. I believe it will help Henne significantly provided he works more on his reads to improve that.

It took about 4 pages before I could get past all the whining and too the more educated posts. I just have to be a little more patient.

Daboll worked under Belichik and or McDaniels for 7 years. he is going to run a similar offense that NE runs. It's a cross between the spread and WC offense. You will see a lot of shotgun, motion, crossing patterns and skinny post. With the addition of Gates and Marshall supposedly running faster than ever we may see more deep passes that what NE throws as well. There are going to be elements of the WCO, but many others as well.

If you implementing a new to a team system and guy with 20 years experience is available. Hell yeah you make that call. Not that I want to make that call but it's an option you have to consider.

Why stop @ 20 years experience ? Let's just get Marino back in there!

This is good news. Henne apparently can play in a vertical offense. His strengths might actually work in this type of offense. At the very least, we won't have to watch Henne check down so much and miss so many wide open long passes.

I think this will make Henne look competant. Bess/Bush and Marshall with Fasano. This could be a potent spread/WCO offense

WCO "theme" would be a god send to this team. This teams offense has been lousy and boring for more than a decade. The WC is a system that is proven and it works. Can't say that about our offense for the past few years.

- Most accounts are that Henne is looking pretty solid with his footwork and timing running this offense the past few practices.
-I expect there to be some growing pains early this year with a new system on a short schedule but I like hearing the WCO themes in our offense.
-A WCO would make finding a QB MUCH easier if Henne dosent turn it on this year. And that after all has been what is holding us back for a loooong time.

Well, since we seem to be fresh out of starting caliber running backs......, yeah I guess it's time to dump the smash mouth run first offense. Of course we are also out of QBs, WR's, pass rushers, run stuffers and safeties and most everything else too. So what scheme should we run? Maybe we could punt on first downs, work on punt coverage and try to get enough field position advantage to win games 3-0 in overtime. We'll feature our special teams since we seem to be fresh out of offense and defense at the same time?

Well, since we seem to be fresh out of starting caliber running backs......, yeah I guess it's time to dump the smash mouth run first offense. Of course we are also out of QBs, WR's, pass rushers, run stuffers and safeties and most everything else too. So what scheme should we run? Maybe we could punt on first downs, work on punt coverage and try to get enough field position advantage to win games 3-0 in overtime. We'll feature our special teams since we seem to be fresh out of offense and defense at the same time?

Yep, no defense on this team. Or WR's. Nope, not at all. :rolleyes2:

Yep, no defense on this team. Or WR's. Nope, not at all. :rolleyes2:

My bad, we had what 6 or 7 pro bowlers on defense last year??? 1 starter OT long, 1 replacement P Carpenter, 1 backup SS Bell. I can't believe I didn't remember that!

I'm sure Belichik is preparing to face a WCO on week 1 even as we speak :d-day:

Back
Top Bottom