WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF? According to Reggie, Daboll's implementing a WCO style

WOW.. I can't believe people are upset. I think this is great. I argued with a guy who complained we had the same ole thing every year. You wanted a wide open offense.. well we got it. It gives Henne shorter higher percentage passes, and forces the onus on the "playmakers" to break tackles and make plays.

I think this is great news and a major shift in philosophy.

classic case of "stat watching" over "watching the game". Average fan looked up the team offense rankings, saw Daboll was lower than Henning and assumes this is a downgrade. Me personally, I don't know what the stats will be this year, but I am confident we wont see the same boring old school offense and philosophies we saw under Dan Henning. Whether that translates to success on the field is another story . . . . but Dan Henning was literally killing the fanbase by himself with his boring offense.

classic case of "stat watching" over "watching the game". Average fan looked up the team offense rankings, saw Daboll was lower than Henning and assumes this is a downgrade. Me personally, I don't know what the stats will be this year, but I am confident we wont see the same boring old school offense and philosophies we saw under Dan Henning. Whether that translates to success on the field is another story . . . . but Dan Henning was literally killing the fanbase by himself with his boring offense.

That is the sole reason why we have to be optimistic about this offense.

Yeah Henne is still the QB, but this a fresh start IMO

I agree, some people just try to find something new to complain about.
My balls itch... hey, it's something new to complain about.

Back on track, I'm excited to see what happens this year. Training camp reports sound promising so far. It could be a repeat of last season but I think we are going to see a completely different Miami Dolphins this year.

Exactly. This is a philosophical change. The first real one in a decade perhaps. Oh i know some will argue that Cam Cameron brought change... but let's not go there.

Look how NE is stacking the d-line. If you look at our new offense.. it forces both their behemoths to run sideline to sideline. Then you punch them in the mouth. When you look at our acquisitions it makes a LOT of sense. especially Bush.

This isn't going to be your typical Miami ground and pound. This is going to be quick hit possession football. Something I think all our receivers are perfectly suited to. Bess is a MONSTER with those short to intermediate routes. Marshall.. well he's Marshall. Bush gives a dimension we haven't truly had out of the back field. If Gates is the speedster everyone is talking about.. and Thomas can bust it up the gut like he's being hyped.. then we've got all the ingredients. May not all be household names. But then, every household name needs to be born. They aren't merely anointed.

We should all be very curious and excited about CHANGE. At least there is a glimpse into the big picture.

If true, this is good news. It indicates that Daboll might adjust to the talent of the players available. When you consider that Cleveland only had Hillis, his offensive strategy there seems to take into account the talent on the team. I am not convinced, but Daboll scores some points with me if this story is true.

Everyone I know that's a Browns fan (I know quite a few) seems to think that he's a pretty smart dude.

As long as it's successful I don't care if we run "the annexation of Puerto Rico" offense.

It makes sense really, Think about it.

Marshall Glorified Possesion Receiver
Gates/Bess - Great quick twitch Guys
Fasano - Great Blocker- Above Avg Receiver
Clay - Excellent Receiver - Good Blocker
Thomas - Good Receiver - Tough Runner
Bush - Matuch up nightmare as a pass catching RB

Wont be an exact WCO but it will be a safe/short passing offense and they will hope their big "chunk" plays come as YAC.
Chubbs

Yahtzee

Everyone I know that's a Browns fan (I know quite a few) seems to think that he's a pretty smart dude.

Now that was a GREAT movie. LOL but I agree, call it what you wish, Just win baby.

Back
Top Bottom