WTF happened to Jake Long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF happened to Jake Long

Vernon Carey was even in there at left tackle on one play that caused a sack of Henne. Why? Is Jake Long playing hurt of something?

we have primarily a run blocking offensive line. long is no exception. all 5 of those guys need some work protecting the passer.

we have primarily a run blocking offensive line. long is no exception. all 5 of those guys need some work protecting the passer.
They are inconsistent run blocking as well.

no one said cut him...
just what has happened to him..
please guy :rolleyes2:

You do realize that Jake is just one guy on what is supposed to be a cohesive 5 guy unit, sans the tight ends and runningbacks.

I mean what happened if smiley misses a block or Grove makes the wrong line call. I suppose that is Long's fault too.

They are inconsistent run blocking as well.

today they were. and in game 1. besides that their run blocking has been phenomenal. the holes they've given ricky and ronnie to run through have been massive.

You do realize that Jake is just one guy on what is supposed to be a cohesive 5 guy unit, sans the tight ends and runningbacks.

I mean what happened if smiley misses a block or Grove makes the wrong line call. I suppose that is Long's fault too.

I was talking about watching him whiff on blocks, or get beat on a one on one, or even a lead blocker to the outside on the goal line and miss a safety.
He is making more money than all the other guys. Thats why he catches more flack than the rest

We all watched the game. Long got owned on a few plays. Thats a fact. It doesn't mean he is a bad player, it just means he could have played a better game. More is expected of him since he was the 1st overall pick and is the highest paid offensive lineman in football. Its fair to question his play because it does look like it has dropped off lately.

I was talking about watching him whiff on blocks, or get beat on a one on one, or even a lead blocker to the outside on the goal line and miss a safety.
He is making more money than all the other guys. Thats why he catches more flack than the rest

Fair enough but they play as a unit. One guys misses a block, someone has to make it up somehow. You look at the great lines across the league and you will see that happening.

He is only in his second year. Cut him some slack. The guy has performed IMO. We also don't have the cupcake schedule this year. We have played against the best the NFL has to offer this year for the most part.

Dumb Post

Vince wilfork played end over long all game ,
Some dumb guy actually saying why a 320lb tackle is not as fast as a 200 lb safety....doh.

Dumb Post

Some dumb guy actually saying why a 320lb tackle is not as fast as a 200 lb safety....doh.
Banta-Cain was over Long on passing downs

Something has to be up with Long, he looked much better last year. I wouldn't be surprised to find out later that he is hurt, something like what happened with Samson last year after the season. Maybe he has a pulled groin or something he just doesn't look very good right now.

Yep, he is the reason the receivers dropped balls and we let people score in a minute and 30 seconds.

Dumb Post

dumb post cause obviously it wasnt all game..
dumb post because long was in position to make the block and didnt.
they werent racing..
:up:

Back
Top Bottom