WTF happened to Jake Long | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF happened to Jake Long

Yep, he is the reason the receivers dropped balls and we let people score in a minute and 30 seconds.
Nobody said he was.

He is not the reason we lost the game. Not even close. Our D is garbage and our receivers being garbage would be an upgrade. But that still does not change the fact that he had a crappy game. I find it amazing on this board how players (usually Ginn) are given passes by some posters because other people sucked too.

BB was TV saying vince did a good job on Long and one of the key to victory.

maybe in some downs but for 70% it was vince.
On running downs it was Wilfork, but when Long was beat in pass protection, it was Banta-Cain. Regardless, it doesnt matter who was over LOng. He is the highest paid OL in the league. Beat your man. I dont care who it is.

Nobody said he was.

He is not the reason we lost the game. Not even close. Our D is garbage and our receivers being garbage would be an upgrade. But that still does not change the fact that he had a crappy game. I find it amazing on this board how players (usually Ginn) are given passes by some posters because other people sucked too.

Even if he had a "bad" game, I just don't see anything long did that was a game breaking play in terms of the outcome of the game.

Every player has had bad games. However he did enough today to hold his own even with a "subpar" game or however you want to call it. If Long had held every single one of his blocks in perfect fashion, the outcome wouldn't have been any different more than likely.

We should be talking about the piss poor one dimensional linebackers and lack of FS play instead of talking about players that really have no impact in terms of their personal performance today as defined by the real outcome of the game.

does every thread have to be about the reasons we lost?

Not necessarily however this thread is pretty much pointless IMO because LONG has pretty much been everything we figured he would be. I could start a thread about how fields didn't punt the ball long enough today to change the field position, however what is the point of that?

Long is just a average OT. The rookie left tackle New England started today played better than Long. A second round pick!

Even if he had a "bad" game, I just don't see anything long did that was a game breaking play in terms of the outcome of the game.

Every player has had bad games. However he did enough today to hold his own even with a "subpar" game or however you want to call it. If Long had held every single one of his blocks in perfect fashion, the outcome wouldn't have been any different more than likely.

We should be talking about the piss poor one dimensional linebackers and lack of FS play instead of talking about players that really have no impact in terms of their personal performance today as defined by the real outcome of the game.
Like I said in my post, I completely agree that Long did not come close to losing the game for us. He just is not playing up to his fraft position right now, thats all. If he keeps whiffing on blocks and getting beat in pass protection its going to cost us sooner or later

No one said he is the reason.. if anything your the one who brought that up...
I said he didnt have a good game or season so far for that matter...

I told you guys he was Jumbo Elliot. Nobody wanted to believe me. I don't consider it an insult. I just consider what he is, for who he is and who drafted him.

He's not your ideal LT for a run and shoot. He's a building block for a structure.

Hey no team is perfect when drafting, but when you select Long over Ryan and botch the Pat White pick, it really sets a team back.

In Tuna we trust? HA!

Jake Long is a Pro Bowler. Last person you want to put any blame on.

Hell, you don't always need to "blame" somebody or something for a loss.

Average? Really? Wow.
I was being nice when I said he was average! He's looked like a clown out their in a couple of games. The Big Tuna looks like a clown now for taking him over M. Ryan.

pass protection is poor cause theres only so long you can block for.. Henne needs to get the ball out quicker..henne is just not there mentally..he has the arm but his brain is hollow.

Back
Top Bottom