WTF happened to Jake Long | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF happened to Jake Long

I was being nice when I said he was average! He's looked like a clown out their in a couple of games. The Big Tuna looks like a clown now for taking him over M. Ryan.

I completely disagree but to each their own. Just something to think about. If M. Ryan or D. Brees was here, they would be struggling big time to. Why? Nobody to throw the ball to. Chew on that for a bit...

Let's be honest here folks. I don't think any Dolphin fan right now would consider Long as having a Pro-Bowl season. He is looking average...he is not looking like an elite left tackle. I hope that changes...

Jake Long is a Pro Bowler. Last person you want to put any blame on.

Hell, you don't always need to "blame" somebody or something for a loss.

He WAS a pro-bowler...that was last year. Not this year...he will not go to the pro-bowl this year. No one with any real football knowledge would vote for him with the performances he has put on so far. He has done nothing to deserve it this year.

I completely disagree but to each their own. Just something to think about. If M. Ryan or D. Brees was here, they would be struggling big time to. Why? Nobody to throw the ball to. Chew on that for a bit...
So you would rather have Long than either Ryan or Brees. c'mon man! All I have heard is we had no offensive line. So we draft Long and we sign Carey, Smiley and we still have no line. You are right we have no wr at all. I think I remember M. Ryan did'nt have any recievers in college either but all he did was win. This coaching staff has lost me with their failure to realize T. Ginn can't catch and they clearly can't see Joey and Jason are washed up! Except the first half of the Saints game.

I will say this once and one Time Only

We are a good
WR TE MLB AND FS
Away from being an elite team

How many sacks has Long given up this year? Not ones that smiley blew an assignment. I mean the end rushed Long and went through or around him and got the sack?

So you would rather have Long than either Ryan or Brees. c'mon man! All I have heard is we had no offensive line. So we draft Long and we sign Carey, Smiley and we still have no line. You are right we have no wr at all. I think I remember M. Ryan did'nt have any recievers in college either but all he did was win. This coaching staff has lost me with their failure to realize T. Ginn can't catch and they clearly can't see Joey and Jason are washed up! Except the first half of the Saints game.

Drafting a LT number 1 or a qb number one, I would take my chances with a LT. Why? The QB as a number one pick and if it fails, your setting your franchise back 4 years or so. I think Henne is going to pan out to be at bare minimum a serviceable qb so it is a win-win for us IMO.

Hindsight is 20/20 about Ryan and Brees. Easy to say you want them now.

from what I've seen alot of times defenses are overloading the line. No not every place.. but alot of times. We just don't have an answer. The best arial attack is only with max protection schemes.

Long is slumping for sure.

Teams have lots of film on Long now and came exploit his weaknesses.Speed rushers can take advantage of his slow feet and footwork. He's a RT playing out of position on the left side.

Drafting a LT number 1 or a qb number one, I would take my chances with a LT. Why? The QB as a number one pick and if it fails, your setting your franchise back 4 years or so. I think Henne is going to pan out to be at bare minimum a serviceable qb so it is a win-win for us IMO.

Hindsight is 20/20 about Ryan and Brees. Easy to say you want them now.
The Big Tuna @ Company are getting paid big bucks to make the call to pick Matt Ryan. They did their homework and decided not to pick him. Big mistake! If you want to win you can't be scared to make the pick. Now they have really set us back by not taking Ryan. I think Henne can be a very good QB. I think this offense and his wideouts are definately hurting him. Braylon E. would have made us a lot better! Oh! John Abraham through Long around like a rag doll all day and I know I seen him totally wiff on lb Banta Cain today!

The Big Tuna @ Company are getting paid big bucks to make the call to pick Matt Ryan. They did their homework and decided not to pick him. Big mistake! If you want to win you can't be scared to make the pick. Now they have really set us back by not taking Ryan. I think Henne can be a very good QB. I think this offense and his wideouts are definately hurting him. Braylon E. would have made us a lot better!

Dude, your arguments are ALL in hindsight? Do you know how many players I could go back and look at AFTER the draft that we passed up and other teams and say how we SHOULD have drafted them.

It is VERY EASY to sit here and say we should have taken this guy or that guys a year or two after they were picked and we see how well they have progressed. Simply put, we could have drafted Ryan and he could have stunk up the field. Having roddy white, michael turner and gonzo doesn't help at all does it?

I was being nice when I said he was average! He's looked like a clown out their in a couple of games. The Big Tuna looks like a clown now for taking him over M. Ryan.

You wanted us to draft Matt Ryan??? Are you ****ing kidding me? :crazy:

If anyone is a clown it is Matt Ryan. He is a HORRIBLE NFL QB!

What is there to like about him besides he is tall?

A) He doesn't have a very strong arm.

B) He isn't very mobile.

C) He is not very accurate.

D) He makes many many many bonehead decisions with the ball.

Plain and simple...Matt Ryan sucks and is no where near an elite NFL QB. Roddy White and that strong running game the Falcons have is what carries Matt Ryan.

If you want to say we should have drafted someone else it should have been Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown (and I LOVE Ronnie Brown).

Aaron Rodgers is a true ELITE QB in the NFL. Joe Montana with a stronger arm.

today they were. and in game 1. besides that their run blocking has been phenomenal. the holes they've given ricky and ronnie to run through have been massive.

So the last Jet game where Ricky ran for 27 yards
and Ronnie ran for 27 games was great offensive blocking

The New Orleans game had Ronnie run for 48 yards
Rickey ran for 80 yards but ONE run was 68 otherwise he
had 12 yards the rest of the game

The Atlanta game Ronnie had 43 yards rushing
and Ronnie had 39 yards rushing

and today Ronnie had 48 yards rushing
and Ricky had 33 yards rushing

With these numbers the offensive line has had it's problems this season

Dude, your arguments are ALL in hindsight? Do you know how many players I could go back and look at AFTER the draft that we passed up and other teams and say how we SHOULD have drafted them.

It is VERY EASY to sit here and say we should have taken this guy or that guys a year or two after they were picked and we see how well they have progressed. Simply put, we could have drafted Ryan and he could have stunk up the field. Having roddy white, michael turner and gonzo doesn't help at all does it?
Quit making excuses for why Ryan is good! He is what he is. A winner! You think M. Turner is better than R. Brown. Atlanta had no offensive line either two years ago. Gonzo wasn't there last year. I don't think most people knew who R. White was before Ryan got there. But enough of that its in the past! We should all just move forward! Cut Ted G. and draft Rolando McClain!!!

Back
Top Bottom