WTF happened to Nik Needham.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WTF happened to Nik Needham....

More importantly, what happened to Noah Iggy? First round pick that can't get on the field as the third CB over Needham. Nick has been bad all year.
i don't know how it's more importantly.

i know we don't like drafting projects in the first round, but it was well known he was a project.

look for him next season to be our 3rd CB.

Needham was very good all year imo. This game was a total defensive collapse. We hung with them for a little while but the total lack of offense along with 4 turnovers put too much pressure on the defense. It's tough to call out NN when you really don't know the defensive call or what his responsibility was. Also, with no pass rush how long can any BB cover speedy receivers like Diggs and company.

Needham was very good all year imo. This game was a total defensive collapse. We hung with them for a little while but the total lack of offense along with 4 turnovers put too much pressure on the defense. It's tough to call out NN when you really don't know the defensive call or what his responsibility was. Also, with no pass rush how long can any BB cover speedy receivers like Diggs and company.
It's real easy when on multiple occasions every game the guy you're near easily catches the ball. One of the top defenses in the league isn't going to screw up entire coverages that consistently and ONLY have it affect Nik Needham all the time.

Good thing Beasley didn't play or he would have punched his ticket to the HOF with Needham on him.

he couldn't cover the punt return guy.

he might be their 3rd, 4th, or 5th receiver.

with Byron and XMan out there covering John Brown and Stefon Diggs, I don't blame Allen and Barkley looking for other receivers.

but no doubt, a better pass rush would have helped.

No pressure on the QB, it happened to all our DB's...

For reasons I don't understand, the entire D looked slow and tired (except AVG). I suspect part of that was Allen had 2-3 minutes to pick a receiver and it's hard (and tiring) to chase those guys 60 minutes

He’s a scrappy smart player he’s just too physically limited. He’s given us more than we could have ever hoped already.

For G*d’s sake we have X and Jones on the outside. Where do you think will be targeted? TE and slot. Inside coverage is a lot harder because you can’t leverage the sideline.

that’s why on just about every fan forum, nickel CB is the most hated player.

Biggest issue was 0 pass rush. I saw Dline rush a yard or 2 get stuffed then stand up the whole game. No sense of urgency. Maybe the game plan was to try and bat balls down at the line all game lol.

For reasons I don't understand, the entire D looked slow and tired (except AVG). I suspect part of that was Allen had 2-3 minutes to pick a receiver and it's hard (and tiring) to chase those guys 60 minutes
I also think that the failure of the offense to get 6 after the TO, followed by getting pinned at the 1 by the punt, and the miserable attempt to convert told the Defense they had no chance...

I also think that the failure of the offense to get 6 after the TO, followed by getting pinned at the 1 by the punt, and the miserable attempt to convert told the Defense they had no chance...

Pure speculation from experience, if one unit is playing well, but the other is abysmally bad, it's hard for the 'good' unit to maintain intensity. I get that.

I'm going by cameras between plays. The D seemed to be huffing and puffing before BUF's 1st play. Hands on hips. Almost too tired to high five a teammate after a good play. OK, I'm exaggerating

I would like to eat crow. I was all about extending him, but wow.
Iggy has to grow into the nickel role asap

Back
Top Bottom