WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
WV Dolfan: How can you say this and truly believe it? Thats right. Jeff Ireland has been nothing short of the best GM in the league over the last couple of seasons.

In looking at his drafts from 2008-2012, he has failed miserably in landing enough impact players. This is being masked this offseason by building his team through free agency. This has never been, and never will be, the recipe for building a champion. Name 10 players on the roster he drafted in 5 years that are truly IMPACT game changers. You can't. And I will count Tanny as one, so you have 9 left.

I give him and the organization credit for cap management, but their cap position will be far different in one and two years from now. Ireland is looking short-sighted now because he is all in on his chips. If the Fins flounder this season, he is fired and the gambles in free agency, cap, and now the draft will be someone else's problem

As long as we don't trade for Branden Albert, I will be very pleased with this offseason.

I have to admit that Ireland did well yesterday. I can't argue with what we did to Oakland. However, don't get all hot and bothered just yet. Ireland may still **** it all up by getting Albert. I am still not really impressed with the linebacker moves and the OL is still pathetic. And yesterday is another indication that last year's draft of Vernon wasn't so great after all; unless the plan is to let Wake go next year...which I am not down with.

This team is also very THIN...one or two injuries will leave massive holes in this team...

Look guys, I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer here, but let's not act like the criticism of Ireland wasn't at least somewhat warranted. This was definitely a good move, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about this. I'm not crapping on this move at all, but let's hold on a second before crowning the guy Jesus.

Hey, I'll admit I wanted the guy fired with Morono and Fatcells. That cornfed sickness is a hard thing to shake, as evidenced by how many have been suffering from it since the 90's, and I wasn't sure he could do it. I stepped off that bandwagon when he finally drafted a real QB last year, but I still walked alongside it as he failed to provide Tannehill with any playmakers with sufficient WPA last year (outside of Bush on the occasional chance he decided to actually show up for a game). I was just climbing back on board when I saw the trade up last night and started pouring myself a shot to drown my cornfed sorrows, and then BAM! He hit me with that curveball and knocked me right off again and onto my ass. Absolutely love the pick and the very little it cost to get it. I'm not even sure an idiotic trade for Fat Albert would get me near the bandwagon again at this point.

Look guys, I'm not trying to play Debbie Downer here, but let's not act like the criticism of Ireland wasn't at least somewhat warranted. This was definitely a good move, but I'm still cautiously optimistic about this. I'm not crapping on this move at all, but let's hold on a second before crowning the guy Jesus.

Don't disagree but it seems he and his staff have turned the corner on what they need to do for their coaches to succeed and it will take time but like the moment and hopefully we continue to roll.

Not gonna like, I was scared to death thinking Ireland was trading up to go CORN. I really thought the pick was going to be Lane Johnson. And I would've proceeded to kick a newborn had that been the case. Thank god that it was n't, though!

:lol: I was actually eyeing my revolver and glaring at the TV.

I have to admit that Ireland did well yesterday. I can't argue with what we did to Oakland. However, don't get all hot and bothered just yet. Ireland may still **** it all up by getting Albert. I am still not really impressed with the linebacker moves and the OL is still pathetic. And yesterday is another indication that last year's draft of Vernon wasn't so great after all; unless the plan is to let Wake go next year...which I am not down with.

This team is also very THIN...one or two injuries will leave massive holes in this team...
I have to disagree regarding Vernon. A mid round pick with a ton of upside who actually showed that promise on the field (unlike Egnew). You can't have enough pass rushers. A healthy rotation of them on the field at all times is a QB's nightmare.

The nice thing about Jordan is that his ceiling is sky high. Unlike players like Werner, who is "what you see is what you get," this guy has a legitimate shot to develop into an Aldon Smith type player. I've been ranting about needing playmakers for the past year and a half (longer, but that was mixed in with needing a QB and competent coach more than anything), and he certainly got one.

I absolutely agree that we need some more depth, but that's what mid-to-late rounders are for, not to mention post-draft free agency.

The best part of the "Trade" and selection of Dion Jordan, was Ross's admission that ALL the coaches were in love with Jordan and talked so highly of DJ; so much so, Ross gave his blessing to "Trade Up" to go get him. This was a TOTAL ORGANIZATIONAL DECISION!!! I believe in Philbin, Coyle and KC Rodgers ability to get Jordan to reach his Enormous Potential. I'm still on the fence about the pick, but I'm smart enough to see the tremendous upside to Jordan's Incredible Raw Talent. IF he can become anything like former Dolphin great, Jason Taylor or current Bengal, Micheal Johnson, Jordan would become an invaluable piece to a very aggressive defense. I love the GUTS of the ENTIRE Organization in this effort.

Great post WV!!!! As a long time Ireland fan I get tired of people continually bashing him. And no he has not had 5 years - he took over in 2010. He did not have final say when BP was here and anyone thinking he did is nuts. I think Ireland has been knocking the cover off the ball for the past couple of drafts. I posted on another thread earlier that I was not crazy about the Pouncey pick at first, but now he may be the best center in the NFL. Ireland could have crumbled under media and fan pressure and gone after Kyle Orton or Matt Flynn last year, but he stuck to his guns. Last night he could have panicked and gone after Lane Johnson, like every so called "expert" expected him to and he didn't. (Maybe that's why he is a GM and the "experts" are not). He went out and got a coach who was his guy in Philbin, he got his guy at QB in Tannehill and he has quickly built a young, fast and aggressive team around both of them. He is not going to hit on every prospect, nobody does, but it is time Ireland starts to get praised for the job he has done.

Great post WV!!!! As a long time Ireland fan I get tired of people continually bashing him. And no he has not had 5 years - he took over in 2010. He did not have final say when BP was here and anyone thinking he did is nuts. I think Ireland has been knocking the cover off the ball for the past couple of drafts. I posted on another thread earlier that I was not crazy about the Pouncey pick at first, but now he may be the best center in the NFL. Ireland could have crumbled under media and fan pressure and gone after Kyle Orton or Matt Flynn last year, but he stuck to his guns. Last night he could have panicked and gone after Lane Johnson, like every so called "expert" expected him to and he didn't. (Maybe that's why he is a GM and the "experts" are not). He went out and got a coach who was his guy in Philbin, he got his guy at QB in Tannehill and he has quickly built a young, fast and aggressive team around both of them. He is not going to hit on every prospect, nobody does, but it is time Ireland starts to get praised for the job he has done.
Except he did go after Orton. Ross squashed the trade.

Whether Dion Jordan busts or not . . . you can't help but give Jeff the props to go up and get his man at a discounted price. Jordan was my guy early in the process before he got shot up the boards after the combine . . . athletically gifted, pass rusher and a playmaker . . . I love the pick and the ambition of the GM to go and get his man. Grade A start to this draft.

I'm not an Ireland fan at all, in fact I've been outspoken in regards to him, but he got last night right . . . it is probably more important to get today/tonight right, let's hope he can knock it out of the park.

I'll admit I wanted Ireland fired with Sparano. Even last year I regretted him being in charge this off season. Although I don't agree with all his moves the last 2 seasons, he did set this up and play it well. I think we have a real good GM that emerged from the shadow of a highly over rated mentor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom