WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss" | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WVDolphan's Get Real - Jeff Ireland "Like a Boss"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish Ireland would have asked Ross if his granddaughter was a whore at some point before he got the chance to flush all those picks and all that money down the toilet.

holy crap. something broke in the universe that I agree with 90 percent of what you've posted lately.
You are a player "death knell"...if you predict they're good...they're toast...

Please...start saying they all suck the second they are drafted!

Its just laughable that this smear campaign is coming from a guy who still thinks Tannehill could be a good QB. If he has a good game tomorrow, which I suspect he could, go ahead and laugh and laugh. We will see what happens down the line. Tannehill has plenty of more garbage games in him so long as Philbin continues rolling with him.

Your week will be ruined.

It sure would. Lets not forget the fact that Dalton has a much better team around him, if you put Dalton on the Dolphins they would have probably missed the playoffs last year as well.

i here that excuse all the time, but it really gets tiring.

ppl say this crap about wilson and dalton in particular. where were there teams before those qbs took over?

dont get me wrong, i am not saying those guys have no talent around them, but tannheill has weapons at his disposal. the seahawks had lynch for a few years prior to wilson getting there, and had many of the same wrs they had prior to wilson, but its just a coincidence there offense started to look much better once they got a solid qb.

as for cincy, aj green is a beast, but dalton has chemistry with his players, something tannehiil lacks.

tannehill has enough weapons to be successful, its not a lack of weapons

Personally for me, excluding the QB position I think Cincinnati has the most talented team in the league, and by a wide margin. And with the QB included Seattle has the most talented team, but Wilson is a big part of that talent, not just a guy along for the ride. With the QB included I'm not even sure Cincinnati is a top 5 team talent-wise. I would rank them:
1. Seattle
2. Denver
3. New Orleans
4. Green Bay
5. New England

Maybe you could slot Cincinnati in at 6th on the list. Which isn't too shabby and why they have such an impressive regular season despite only having a slightly above average QB.

Personally for me, excluding the QB position I think Cincinnati has the most talented team in the league, and by a wide margin. And with the QB included Seattle has the most talented team, but Wilson is a big part of that talent, not just a guy along for the ride. With the QB included I'm not even sure Cincinnati is a top 5 team talent-wise. I would rank them:
1. Seattle
2. Denver
3. New Orleans
4. Green Bay
5. New England

Maybe you could slot Cincinnati in at 6th on the list. Which isn't too shabby and why they have such an impressive regular season despite only having a slightly above average QB.

But how can Seattle be #1 when they have the same record as crappy old Miami and Miami having a win of your #5 team (Sarcasm towards the members of these boards)?

I'm not sure how you can justify New Orleans at #3, granted I'm all about "the first two games mean little" but can't say that extends to who is #3 at this point.

I want to like Green Bay but they looked ill prepared or just plain bad against Seattle so I'm even though I may put them in the top five I do so realizing my faith in them is probably not deserved.

I think after this year people stop giving new England an automatic top five bid, they will do it because they will end the year as an average team.

1. Seattle
2. Denver
3. New Orleans
4. Green Bay
5. New England

I certainly don't agree with GB and New England that high, but particularly GB.

Apart from QB Buffalo is easy top 8-10 talent-wise.

LD

Exactly. So perhaps you should ask someone before you just start bashing.

But, I have seen your posts. Youre just a liberal from Long Island who only posts to make fun of other people's opinions.

Okay, so I'm a liberal. I don't hide from that description; I'm rather proud of it actually. I'm not sure what it has to do with your bad predictions and assessments. And if you don't like being made fun of, don't make yourself such a big target. Nice job of playing the victim though.

Show some guts and make some bold statements of your own.

I did. I expressed my displeasure at both the RT pick and the Dion Jordan pick when they were made. Unlike you, I didn't praise both picks at first and then do a backflip somersault 180 when it became clear that there were problems with those players.

Regarding this year's draft, I was unhappy with our 1st and 3rd picks because they were big reaches. Yes, they were filling needs, but we still need to get good value at the spots we're picking and I didn't think we accomplished that. I liked the Landry pick and the rest of the picks were okay, but nothing in there stood out as anything special to me. I thought Landry was the best pick of the bunch and I still think that. All of that is here in some of the draft threads. Again, no 180s, so get real.

I just wonder if folks will bump his threads and give him props if he ends up being right about Tannehill.

well, let me ask: being right on RT... when he said he sucks(now)? or when he said picking him was the best move of the best GM (/for the last couple of years, mind you) in the NFL (first ppost of this wonderful thread)?

that's the point, with flip-floppers, they are never wrong, because they change their opinion following the wind....

when you said that Tannehill was a genius pick and that tannehill is a bust and sucks, how could you be wrong? he will be one or the other

In the end this was all nothing more than great foresight and hard work by Jeff Ireland, Joe Philbin and staff over the last 15 months. This group really put together some great stuff to get us where we are. We are now laying perfectly in the weeds with our crosshairs right on Brady's ass. This team is a legit contender and those who are sleeping on that need to WAKE up and smell the coffee. Jeff Ireland is running this thing like a boss.

mmmm, maybe, after this kind of shameful predictions, one could use a little bit of moderation and humility. (we were legit contender and ended third in the division, we were legit contender and still had to change the whole Offensive line, we were legit contenders and had an entire draft class usell in the rookie year, we were legit contenders but didn't have a decent NFL running back,..... and so on....)

rant over

There are no experts in the game of analyzing the NFL. Not even the experts are experts. And anyone who claims they are an expert are the least trustworthy experts. That's my expert opinion at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sold on Ryann T at all but hopeful, It remains to be seen who is right between the battle of opinions on Ryan T between Hoops and West Virginia. As far as Ireland he is far from our worst GM. Bush, Marshall, Vonte Davis along with a slew of others were not schme picks for Philbin and were sent packing not because they were not good pickups by Ireland but not Philbin players. Normal stuff when you get a coaching change. Some of the reason I wanted to see McCoy here over Philbin as I got the sense that McCoy would not reshuffle the roster the way Philbin has. Needless to say we have spent a lot of draft choices rebuilding instead of drafting the best player available for a very long time. This years draft consists of 2 players on the roster not injured not real impressive if you take a step back. Hopefully they will heal up and that will change too. Dion Jordan everyone on this site read Ross implying that he was the player all the coaches wanted at the dinner the night before the daft last year, and yes Ireand did make the pick after negotiating a great trade based on trade value last year. Anyway any one who watches the draft and these past couple of years can see that Philbin wanted the roster gutted which is never good. Still if Philbin could coach players like Bush, Marshall and Vonte Davis it makes me wonder how we could have spent those draft picks used to replace them choosing a need players instead of the best player available. As far as blaming Ireland for last year fisasco with the offensive line if Philbin would have gotten off his duff and gotten aquainted with the players in his locker room instead of watching film on his couch we certainly may have seen a different outcome.

Battle huh??? There needs to be some competition first...wv changed his tune just like certain others around here do all the time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom