X Dropping Hints Again? And talking shet again. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Dropping Hints Again? And talking shet again.

I think as an organization we treated him with respect and paid him well. Now in the twilight of his career, I'm struggling to understand why he would feel undervalued and unappreciated. What else can we do for him that we haven't already done?

X quoting Usher...
“Sometimes you got to leave," Usher says. "Sometimes you have to go away from home in order to be truly valued and appreciated and maybe find yourself. Sometimes in the wilderness you'll find something valuable and you come back and you can really enjoy it.”

I think as an organization we treated him with respect and paid him well. Now in the twilight of his career, I'm struggling to understand why he would feel undervalued and unappreciated. What else can we do for him that we haven't already done?

X quoting Usher...
Meh it could be worse

I would totally agree with every word. When healthy and motivated X can still play but his best days are behind him and last year the optics on him were not good. The guy is set for life but with all his ex-wives who knows?? A fool and his money are soon parted. The guy seems like a pig with the demands for a mega contract. I wonder what he'd get on the open market? How many picks does Howard have left in him? Can he even stay healthy any more? Has he earned a raise?? Hell no!!
Looking at the FA market last year for cornerbacks I think X will be lucky to get anything over $6M.

X is 30 and probably on a decline, it's not common for CBs to continue to play at a high level into their 30s.
Sherman and Revis both hit a wall in their early 30s.

The Usher quote
“Sometimes you got to leave," Usher says. "Sometimes you have to go away from home in order to be truly valued and appreciated and maybe find yourself. Sometimes in the wilderness you'll find something valuable and you come back and you can really enjoy it.”

I can’t disagree there X but can you just skip the last bit?
The “you come back and you can really enjoy it” bit.
Don’t come back PLEASE.
The got to leave bit, fine off you go.
Time in the wilderness, enjoy.
Just don’t come back

Look at his 8yrs. He's thought of waaaay higher than he realistically should be. He's really only had 3 good seasons. We never had a top tier defense when he was in his prime.

Since drafted it's always been a me first attitude, nagging injuries to the knees/groin/hammies, money issues, and off field women drama.
Incorrect on all accounts outside of the women...

Incorrect on all accounts outside of the women...

Jumanji The Next Level Nutella GIF by BuzzFeed

X was a baller.

Fans are nauseating with the "don't let the door hit you on the way out" nonsense.
There's a lot of nauseating **** said on here. Howard was a great player for us and it sucks that we'll probably see him go, but he's declined tremendously. To trash the guy on the way out is mind boggling to me.

There's a lot of nauseating **** said on here. Howard was a great player for us and it sucks that we'll probably see him go, but he's declined tremendously. To trash the guy on the way out is mind boggling to me.
Fwiw, I haven't been trash talking him on his way out. I've been trash talking him for years since he bent the dolphins over a barrel. Pretty much solely, so for me, this is a party.

Running Man Party Hard GIF

He was overpaid in his initial contract based on projection (if you doubt this, go lookup his stats and injuries prior to signing that deal), they then addressed that contract when he actually played well, gave him yet another adjustment, all while his play was declining. I really wish they had traded him when he first started complaining, we could have gotten at first and probably more, and not dealt with the cap situation getting rid of him now will bring.

To address the people upset that people aren't happy with him: I've been saying he should be traded for 3+ years now.

I always thought he was injury prone and only played well in about 3 seasons. The antics after we got the Dallas CB who was paid more rubbed me wrong, especially because I remember him being hurt the year prior.

He was overpaid in his initial contract based on projection (if you doubt this, go lookup his stats and injuries prior to signing that deal), they then addressed that contract when he actually played well, gave him yet another adjustment, all while his play was declining. I really wish they had traded him when he first started complaining, we could have gotten at first and probably more, and not dealt with the cap situation getting rid of him now will bring.

To address the people upset that people aren't happy with him: I've been saying he should be traded for 3+ years now.

Howard fell to the 2nd round of draft that year due to character concerns and a knee issue if I recall. Seems both have proven to be accurate to some degree.

Back
Top Bottom