X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 28 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

I'd like to see a list of teams even theoretically willing to give up 3 1sts and a starter and have the cap to pay Watson's salary. A short list and Miami isn't on it

We absolutely could do it. We have three 1st round picks over the next 2 years and a starter in X or Tua. Sounds like you just don't won't us to do it, which is different.

We absolutely could do it. We have three 1st round picks over the next 2 years and a starter in X or Tua. Sounds like you just don't won't us to do it, which is different.
Stupid to give up all those assets when we have our qb. Flores and Grier didn't get this far to destroy it all.

I thought Watson's agent said he'd be traded by Sunday? (yesterday) Hopefully today this ends with Watson not on the Dolphins.

That was the pre-rape allegation prices. That type of return waived bye bye a long time ago.

Now that DeShaun is showing up for Training Camp. They'll need to get serious about it, or enjoy the show.
No it wasn't. That was posted July 26.

Not even close to that
The Texans already have had preliminary discussions with other teams about Watson, who reported to training camp Sunday, but don't feel they have received a serious offer, according to sources.

It doesn't seem the Texans were the ones that were serious with that asking. My guess is now that DeShaun has basically called their bluff and will show up at camp. They'll get much more realistic in their asking or be willing to accept an absolute CIRCUS at training camp w/ 4 QBs.

It doesn't seem the Texans were the ones that were serious with that asking. My guess is now that DeShaun has basically called their bluff and will show up at camp. They'll get much more realistic in their asking or be willing to accept an absolute CIRCUS at training camp w/ 4 QBs.
Whoever decides to give up anything for him will invite a circus into town.

I give this background maybe once a year. For those who don't care. skip to the next paragraph. A significant part of my retirement comes from good investments. To be successful, I don't CARE about other's opinions, unless supported with some relevant data. I don't CARE about what I want to happen. I'm successful anticipating what is most likely. I'm not always right, but I'm still retired.

Every post here is based on what I think is most likely and/or factors I think will affect a decision. In this case, I think it's most likely (indeed, VERY likely) Miami has no interest in Watson at any significant dollar and or trade cost. No offense to you or anyone posting an opinion. I respect your opinion on what you think Miami should do. What do you think Miami is LIKELY to do?

Stupid to give up all those assets when we have our qb. Flores and Grier didn't get this far to destroy it all.

Do we know for sure we have our QB of the future? How good will he be? Good enough? Game manager? We don't know. His limited rookie season didn't instill much confidence in many people. I would rather trade for the proven exciting QB.

I give this background maybe once a year. For those who don't care. skip to the next paragraph. A significant part of my retirement comes from good investments. To be successful, I don't CARE about other's opinions, unless supported with some relevant data. I don't CARE about what I want to happen. I'm successful anticipating what is most likely. I'm not always right, but I'm still retired.

Every post here is based on what I think is most likely and/or factors I think will affect a decision. In this case, I think it's most likely (indeed, VERY likely) Miami has no interest in Watson at any significant dollar and or trade cost. No offense to you or anyone posting an opinion. I respect your opinion on what you think Miami should do. What do you think Miami is LIKELY to do?

Guess we view this front office/staff differently because I absolutely believe the Dolphins are interested in Watson. Because this staff has shown short patience with many players (van noy, Erek Flowers, shaq lawson, Jordan Howard, etc. ) and they even benched Tua twice and turned to a vet in those situations to help us win. This staff is smart, they take advantage of rare opportunities and a QB like Watson at his age is extremely rare to be available for trade, I can't think of another QB at his level being available for trade at his age.... Because it never happens.

This staff is more aware of this teams potential more than anyone else and if there is any doubt that the QB (Tua) could possibly keep us from getting where we want to be then you best believe that Flores and Grier would love to acquire a talent veteran like Watson to drive this team to a championship. This staff also knows there is no wait and see how Tua does because by then, Watson will already be traded, opportunity missed. Flores watched a great QB in New England for many years. Who cares if we drafted Tua, that was the best move at that time, but acquiring a QB like Watson is a better move because a opportunity to acquire a QB like him, never happens. New QB prospects are available to draft EVERY YEAR. But a proven top talent in the NFL like Watson is already rare, even more rare that he's available for trade.

Do we know for sure we have our QB of the future? How good will he be? Good enough? Game manager? We don't know. His limited rookie season didn't instill much confidence in many people. I would rather trade for the proven exciting QB.
At what price? You can’t just say there is no limit as even Rodgers and Mahomes have proven all universe talent levels requires a supporting cast.

Back
Top Bottom