X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

Somewhere between the numbers the Finheaven arm chair coaches are throwing around and the film room, there is a disconnect. Because the guy everyone here keeps telling me is second rate compared to X isn't being attacked and exploited as a weakness. Instead other teams are still trying to throw against the statically elite CB that is wracking up game changing interceptions at a historic rate.
Jones is good. Howard is a lot better. Look at QBR against - Howard is superior. Why are they going after Howard more? Perhaps our D schemes and baits you into attacking him w tempting 1:1 matchups you think you can win? Your take is as arm-chair as anyone else’s. Here’s one for you - X had more pics (4) than completions allowed (3) when doing deep / over the top on him last year. That was best in the league by a mile according to next gen stats.

To use a hockey analogy, perhaps our D is designed to “give you” looks that involve going at our best defender in the same way both Tampa and Montreal (the two teams that played in the Cup) force all action AT their world class goaltenders from the outside while taking away the middle of the ice? They let you have real estate to shoot from wide angles or 1:1 up the middle from a distance because they are confident you aren’t going to beat them on those plays. Same perhaps can be said about how Miami tries to make you go at Howard.

You WANT opposing QBs throwing at him.

Last edited:
What is your position, should DW "like" the tweet of himself in another teams uni? Does that make him a POS too, or is there a double standard for that?.......lol
I would think the Texans fans know he’s a goner, I don’t think Miami, but many Texans fans would be mad at a like although he’s been clear he wants out, not just more loot so it’s a bit different

Watson might be a good QB but the Texans only won, what, 4 games last year? I hope nothing happens between us and them in regards to Howard and Watson.

I would call up the Saints and offer them Howard for a 1st and McCoy
The unrecognizable sound would be one of uncontrollable laughter by their front office. A starter (center, no less) and a first? Ei yi yi...

I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Three things go into a trade. Skill, age, salary...(I'm counting injury history under skill.)

Tunsil, Minkah, etc...first round. Those guys are good, young, cheap (at time of of trade).

Howard isn't young and he isn't cheap. Very good, but has injury history. And he wants an expensive extension.

Cleveland maybe. AZ maybe.

Neither one will part with a first, imo.

Howard and the Fins are stuck with each other...unless of course miami decides he's not worth the headache.

He has ZERO leverage, except the Fins are better with him.

I’m all for Tua but if we can pull a straight swap it would be genius. DW won’t play this so you let Tua play it out. If Tua is the answer then great you trade DW once he clears for a couple firsts. If Tua blows you keep DW. Genius!!

Jones is good. Howard is a lot better. Look at QBR against - Howard is superior. Why are they going after Howard more? Perhaps our D schemes and baits you into attacking him w tempting 1:1 matchups you think you can win? Your take is as arm-chair as anyone else’s. Here’s one for you - X had more pics (4) than completions allowed (3) when doing deep / over the top on him last year. That was best in the league by a mile according to next gen stats.

To use a hockey analogy, perhaps our D is designed to “give you” looks that involve going at our best defender in the same way both Tampa and Montreal (the two teams that played in the Cup) force all action AT their world class goaltenders from the outside while taking away the middle of the ice? They let you have real estate to shoot from wide angles or 1:1 up the middle from a distance because they are confident you aren’t going to beat them on those plays. Same perhaps can be said about how Miami tries to make you go at Howard.

You WANT opposing QBs throwing at him.

After game debrief:

HC: So tell me again why we threw on X's side

OC: Well, we felt all those INTs were scheme driven

HC: But ESPN reliably informs me that Jone's is ½ the CB that Howard is and you still went 1-on-1 with him

OC: They tricked us with the scheme, baiting us even. Why wouldn't we take the 1-on-1?

HC: The first 9 interceptions?

I'm going to go out on a limb and maybe, just maybe, the teams have a more sophisticated metric than QBR and their review of hours and hours of game tape from 37 different angles made OC's choose to throw at Howard as much as they did???

But you be you and go with an ESPN metric. I'll go with the fact that OC's kept on trying his side of the field despite the risk of game changing interceptions.

After game debrief:

HC: So tell me again why we threw on X's side

OC: Well, we felt all those INTs were scheme driven

HC: But ESPN reliably informs me that Jone's is ½ the CB that Howard is and you still went 1-on-1 with him

OC: They tricked us with the scheme, baiting us even. Why wouldn't we take the 1-on-1?

HC: The first 9 interceptions?

I'm going to go out on a limb and maybe, just maybe, the teams have a more sophisticated metric than QBR and their review of hours and hours of game tape from 37 different angles made OC's choose to throw at Howard as much as they did???

But you be you and go with an ESPN metric. I'll go with the fact that OC's kept on trying his side of the field despite the risk of game changing interceptions.
I’m saying that you go after the match up that you think favors you. Why does anyone throw at any CB who has a lot of picks? Perhaps X was on the better WR more than Jones was and you’re trying to get him the ball? You don’t avoid X or any 1 player just they are good. Duh. “Here’s the game plan guys. That X player is an interception machine so we are only going to use half of the field today. Got it?”

Back
Top Bottom