X Trade Offer Super Thread | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

X Trade Offer Super Thread

Perhaps. But he is a terrific athlete. He wasn’t even fully healthy last year yet he led the league in both INTs and pass breakups. The completions against is misleading. Advanced stats show that he had more picks than completions allowed when QBs went deep on him. Someone posted that in another thread. The numbers you pulled look similar for Byron Jones yet pass defense wasn’t our issue. In fact we rarely got beat over the top last year and Rowe covered the TEs really well.
I guess what us your definition of a terrific athlete? I am saying as compared to NFL CBs he is not. That is not a knock on him as a player he one of the best CBs in the NFL. Basically X is a lot like Surtain with better ball skills a little more size. Both were average athletes for a CB though. Surtain fell of big time once he lost a step, his technical skills and smarts just couldn't make up the gap in speed/quickness anymore. Guys like Woodson/Bailey were elite athletes at CB when they lost a step they where still above average/ average from a speed/quickness level. Basically when they lost a step they went from 4.3-4.4 guys to 4.5-4.6 types. They were still able to gang with the young 4.3-4.4 guys with veteran smarts. Problem with X is he is a 4.5-4.6 guy already when he loses a step he just won't be able to make up the speed difference anymore. Like I said he may be able to slide to FS but I just don't see him lasting at CB into much past 30.

After Deshaun Watson is cleared….straight up trade!
I actually said something similar but for different reasons.

I said trade him now for Watson.

Hope he gets cleared then start fielding calls from Denver and Philly etc.

That would be epic if Grier turned Howard into 3 1sts lol

It won't be just contenders vying at that point like with hiward

However, I in no way want Watson as our starter.

I'm only say thus as a purely unrealistic fantasy perfect trade

They need to restructure him so that he is paid for the massive outperformance of his contract last season.
No they don't. Combine that will all the games he missed the prior season it averages out.

That's not how it works. You don't sign a contract have a great year then get more money.

If so, when he blows out his knee this year missing 10 games does Miami get a discount? I

If your answer is no, that should be the same answer for paying Howard more.

If your answer is yes you're lying.

You don't outperform a contract after 1 season with 4 left to play

A first and a player is most likely what we’ll get. My preference is a RB

Seemed like last week didn't think a 1st was reasonable in the trade for X.

A 2nd and a late pick at best. Happy to see so many saying a 1st + a starter.

I'd be thrilled for a 1st alone for X.

My theory as of today is... he's gone.

We told his agent to 'pound sand'... and this is what prompted X's silly Tweet.

Flores and Grier are trying to establish a 25 year dynasty... and are willing to sell X to create a precedent for that 25 year run.

Now we are listening to offers via Nate Silver

Trade him for an elite CB that can step right in for him and a 1st, otherwise go into hardball mode and let the player start feeling what it's like to see thousands fly out the window. He'll come back after just a little while. His agent might tell him to hang tough and X might get pissed and fire him. He's getting bad advise from the guy anyway. He's pleading his case like a prima donna baby that only wants and cares about himself! Where is the team player X is supposed to be. I haven't seen him lately.
I still hope we can keep the player. We drafted him, we brought him along and finally got him in a system that made him an elite Pro Bowl star. This is when he has his greatest value to us. I'm eager to see what teams are offering for his services. He may not even excel in a different system. He's a star with us and only getting brighter if he can just dislodge his cranium from his buttocks!! He's not wrong but he's going about it ALL wrong!

Trade him for an elite CB that can step right in for him and a 1st, otherwise go into hardball mode and let the player start feeling what it's like to see thousands fly out the window. He'll come back after just a little while. His agent might tell him to hang tough and X might get pissed and fire him. He's getting bad advise from the guy anyway. He's pleading his case like a prima donna baby that only wants and cares about himself! Where is the team player X is supposed to be. I haven't seen him lately.
I still hope we can keep the player. We drafted him, we brought him along and finally got him in a system that made him an elite Pro Bowl star. This is when he has his greatest value to us. I'm eager to see what teams are offering for his services. He may not even excel in a different system. He's a star with us and only getting brighter if he can just dislodge his cranium from his buttocks!! He's not wrong but he's going about it ALL wrong!
Why would a team trade us an elite CB and a 1st for a different elite CB?

Lol....yeah, that didn't make a hell of a lot of sense.......
It was a long post but I didn't read anything past the first sentence. I need clarification lol

I am starting to see a lot of stuff about Kamara and the Saints.

That would be interesting. Our offense would be lethal assuming Tua puts it together

Back
Top Bottom