Xavien Howard Super Thread | Page 105 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Super Thread

I’m guessing the offers are not what Miami wants and they will work something out. Then Howard gets injured again and misses 7 game. Just a guess.

I’m guessing the offers are not what Miami wants and they will work something out. Then Howard gets injured again and misses 7 game. Just a guess.
Very possible. And if he gets injured and misses 7 games, then gets cut after 2021's guaranteed salary season (last one), his FA leverage will be greatly diminished...and he 100% knows, and is worried about, this...which is why, IMHO, he's been so desperate to get more guaranteed now.

Well let's also be frank here, if X wasn't in the long term plans he would have been moved in the house cleaning of 2019 but he was one of the only players retained so Flo and Grier wanted to build around him. I am sure both of them would rather have him on the roster than have to move him but if he insists on being traded so be it.

The team has the leverage to make this situation work out for them.

They don't have to accept a low ball trade offer. They won't have the player sit out and lose his big salary. On the flip side, Xavien has a bit of leverage himself in that he changes the outcomes of games. That's big time leverage within itself so if they want that elite X, they have to pay that kind of salary. We are going to get what we pay for out of him.

In the end this will all be forgotten when Howard is the second player to hold the trophy after No.1.

At this rate is seeming all but certain that X is a Miami Dolphin for this season.
Based on the narratives coming out of camp concerning Iggy, I think the pressure has grown on the organization to give Howard what he wants money wise. It just doesn’t appear Iggy is anywhere close to taking over the CB position if they trade Howard.

They would probably end up moving Needham or even Holland into the outside CB spot and whichever one of them not replacing Howard would likely be the slot CB. Hopefully Iggy will eventually develop into a good CB for the Dolphins but I just don’t see him being anything more than a 5th or 6th CB on the roster at this time.

The fact he was a first round pick who was said to need time to develop will give him more chances than a player drafted in the lower rounds or an undrafted free agent but he needs to step up his game and start to show he can play at the NFL level.

keep x, pay him. make it happen Grier. do not trade him. trading x would be the wrong decision. keep him.

I mean if this is losing some INT’s OK but if this is teams going up and down the field pay the man. Iggy is getting replaced by Needham on reps, yeesh. Howard gaining leverage as camp progresses.

Kind of a no win situation on the site. If we pay Howard and he gets hurt the “trade him” camp will chest thump. If we trade Howard and he gets 5 or 6 picks for another team, and Iggy still sucks, the “pay Howard” crowd with chest thump. We’ll have to put up with super smart fans pointing out they were right no matter how it affects the Dolphins.

At this point, unless a team offers a Laremy Tunsil type package X will be a Dolphin in 2021.
Which is fine with me. If we are only getting one 1st (at best) it’s unlikely that draft pick compensates for the loss of Howard. We are close to being a legitimate playoff threat, we need to keep our stars.

I'm one of only a handful that fully supported X....I'm just going to move this thread back to the top and snuggle up...

Any stand up posters ready to concede the entire situation was overblown and X is the best conner in the league...

Back
Top Bottom