Xavien Howard Super Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard Super Thread

I would think Houston would want Tua, but it's an interesting question. What if Watson couldn't play and Tua had a great year? Guess that would be a nice problem to have.

Injuries always in the equation with pretty much everybody. Theres also the fact that Watson didn't have is hip bone pushed through his pelvis.

Don't get me wrong I love Tua but truthfully could quickly get used to Watson who I consider now to be what Tua could hopefully be a few years from now or not

To me both equate to a win win situation just one is ready now....

Carefully read again. Hopefully you will understand. I, again, clearly explained it.

If you continuously try to focus on 1 thing, you will continue to not understand or comprehend what is being said.

Watson definitely does not want this to go to Civil Trial. Again, his lawyers own admission of consensual encounters gives credibility to every accusation .

Let me explain it to you this way
If one of them acknowledges it was consensual. He moved in a way making his towel fall off leading to his genitals touching her hand "accidentally" then leads to a serial encounter...

Then a girl says it was unwanted and she gives the same story.

Then another, same story, but was consensual..

At what point do you realize it's not accidental.

Of course, this is just a hypothetical scenario based on 1 allegation.

In the end, many girls are claiming the same thing. Many are claiming it was unwanted.

His lawyers admit some of his encounters were consensual.

Come on... I know you can put 2 and 2 together.

Try to convince any jury that the same accident happened over 20 times for an athlete who purposely, and conveniently, chose a new massage professional almost every time.
You are not understanding either. You also, apparently, do not have much practical knowledge of law. That is evidenced by the fact that you don't acknowledge the difference between a civil suit, and a criminal one.

I'm not argueing with you anymore, as your arguements are driven more by disdain than by legality.

I suppose they don't need criminal charges, but suspicion of solicitation, even if his lawyer admits it, without formal charges, is not a solid legal foundation.

If that were the case, half the league could face some sort of punitive action for any number of things.

Like I said, I'm certainly not in Watson's corner on this, but legally it probably isn't on a solid foundation, no matter how much ppl want to make "an example" of him.
the NFL is a business and doesn't need anything "legal" to take action.

"conduct detrimental to the team" and "conduct detrimental to the league" do not require a "solid legal foundation," or any "legal foundation" at all.

i remember in years past when dolphins players would get into the news for whatever reason.

joe robbie had Stu Weinstein and his team find out exactly what was going on in every single situation.

if you don't think both the Texans investigators and the NFL investigators have a much clearer handle on everything in the World of Watson (what he did, what he didn't do, where it goes from here), I can tell you: they do.

i have no insider knowledge (other than being a criminal prosecutor for two decades), but my gut tells me if it wasn't for the incredibly high bar to convict someone of a sex crime in texas, he would have criminal charges pending against him right now.

Ya, practically jumping all over signing him before and more a Flores desire all the while, with Ross's approval ( (before the incidents) kind of points to the meaningless of your sentence.....

Seems like there has been more than enough info on the Dolphins feelings showing major interest earlier and in still many circles a realistic desire now to sign him if Cleared and contract of reason.
Exactly when did Grier, Flores, Ross or anyone in the Dolphins front office make a statement that they were interested in trading for Watson? Because all I have seen or read is media speculation that the Dolphins are interested in trading for Watson. The same media that seems to have no clue in regards to what is actually happening with the Dolphins until after the fact.

The only statement I have heard from Flores regarding the QB position is that Tua is the starting QB for the Dolphins in 2021. I think anyone listening to media reports concerning the Dolphins are merely fans who want the reports of the Dolphins having interest in Watson to be true. Yet until the trade happens or Flores, Grier or Ross come out and state they are interested in a trade for Watson, I will continue to ignore the false reports in the media.

Carefully read again. Hopefully you will understand. I, again, clearly explained it.

If you continuously try to focus on 1 thing, you will continue to not understand or comprehend what is being said.

Watson definitely does not want this to go to Civil Trial. Again, his lawyers own admission of consensual encounters gives credibility to every accusation .

Let me explain it to you this way
If one of them acknowledges it was consensual. He moved in a way making his towel fall off leading to his genitals touching her hand "accidentally" then leads to a serial encounter...

Then a girl says it was unwanted and she gives the same story.

Then another, same story, but was consensual..

At what point do you realize it's not accidental.

Of course, this is just a hypothetical scenario based on 1 allegation.

In the end, many girls are claiming the same thing. Many are claiming it was unwanted.

His lawyers admit some of his encounters were consensual.

Come on... I know you can put 2 and 2 together.

Try to convince any jury that the same accident happened over 20 times for an athlete who purposely, and conveniently, chose a new massage professional almost every time.
waston.JPG

You seem hell-bent on having Watson punished for something. Well here is the statement from his lawyer. You put two and two together...I know there are missing steps in this problem.

If you read this tweet, let's try to get you away from simple addition and move over to some algebra...find X.

"We have made it clear all along that there would be no settlement unless the terms are made public and all participants are allowed to speak in their own defense at all times."

The above statement is all you need to know about whether this case will go before a civil case...and the women darn sure don't want it to go to a criminal court.

Why?

Because the women stand a chance of being outed as sex workers who call themselves massage professionals. How apt would your jury be to rule against a man who had sex with a prostitute a number of times AND paid the prostitute each time?

The Texan's training camp began today. Watson was in attendance. I'll be glad when this is cleared up and the Tua people can go back to biting their nails off.

Well if this was 10 years ago, I would agree.

We are still in the "me too" Era. Wrongfully, or rightfully, these situations seem to get handled differently then others.

If not, the NFL should come out and say until and charges or proof, Watson is innocent until proven guilty. Therefor he otherwise plays.

But they haven't. So it makes me think they are too afraid to act one way or the other right now

Personally, I believe he should be allowed to play. Regardless of when I "think" he actually did. Because I believe in innocent until proven guilty. I believe he's guilty. But until it's proven, he deserves the right of innocence until then
Why would they say anything, regardless? It makes more sense from their perspective to keep options open until the last moment, as new information, or information we are not privy to uet may come to.light.

"conduct detrimental to the team" and "conduct detrimental to the league" do not require a "solid legal foundation," or any "legal foundation" at all.

i remember in years past when dolphins players would get into the news for whatever reason.

joe robbie had Stu Weinstein and his team find out exactly what was going on in every single situation.

if you don't think both the Texans investigators and the NFL investigators have a much clearer handle on everything in the World of Watson (what he did, what he didn't do, where it goes from here), I can tell you: they do.

i have no insider knowledge (other than being a criminal prosecutor for two decades), but my gut tells me if it wasn't for the incredibly high bar to convict someone of a sex crime in texas, he would have criminal charges pending against him right now.
How high of a bar is it to convict someone who has 22 "massage professionals" all with the same story...Hell, they sent Bill Cosby away and he was more a celebrity than Watson.

Deshawn Watson was at the 1st day in training camp because I doubt if there would be criminal charges if the bar for conviction in a sex crime case was below sea level. This is because with a criminal investigation, there stands a chance that these "professionals" would be found to actually be sex workers (who were paid for their services), as opposed to an offended massage professional who was intimidated by Watson's celebrity.

How high of a bar is it to convict someone who has 22 "massage professionals" all with the same story...

Deshawn Watson was at the 1st day in training camp because I doubt if there would be criminal charges if the bar for conviction in a sex crime case was below sea level. This is because with a criminal investigation, there stands a chance that these "professionals" would be found to actually be sex workers (who were paid for their services), as opposed to an offended massage professional who was intimidated by Watson's celebrity.
he was only there because it was the smart move.

he has no intention of ever taking a snap for the texans again in life, and he avoids the daily fines.

Ahhh, but by doing so they open themselves to lawsuits from the indivudual, as well as the NFLPA.

Surely you know literally thousands of ppl have won lawsuits against businesses for wrongful termination, inappropriate business practices, etc, which often include ridiculous punative damages, in addition to actual losses?

What is the upsude for the NFL to take unilatteral action here, given the circumstances? If the guy beat the $hit out of his wife, and there were pending charges, thats a completely different situation.

Why are you digging in your heels on this? It really isn't like you?

Reactions: BSQ
Ahhh, but by doing so they open themselves to lawsuits from the indivudual, as well as the NFLPA.

Surely you know literally thousands of ppl have won lawsuits against businesses for wrongful termination, inappropriate business practices, etc, which often include ridiculous punative damages, in addition to actual losses?

What is the upsude for the NFL to take unilatteral action here, given the circumstances? If the guy beat the $hit out of his wife, and there were pending charges, thats a completely different situation.

Why are you digging in your heels on this? It really isn't like you?
i'm not.

i'm sure all this internal stuff is governed by the cba.

if they put him on the commish list he probably can't sue, there is likely an arbitration clause or some other non-judicial remedy.

You are not understanding either. You also, apparently, do not have much practical knowledge of law. That is evidenced by the fact that you don't acknowledge the difference between a civil suit, and a criminal one.

I'm not argueing with you anymore, as your arguements are driven more by disdain than by legality.
I didn't know we were arguing Mach.

Interesting enough, my 3rd paragraph clearly states Civil trial.

I have plenty of knowledge with the law.

Just curious, when you responded did you miss the part where I stated he didn't want this to go to Civil Trial? Again, not arguing, I am seriously asking

I never once mentioned Criminal Trial. As a matter a fact I clearly stated later, in another post, he is innocent until proven guilty and personally I believe he should play.

If you put both together I very clearly acknowledge and understand the difference.

Again, never realized we were arguing. As a matter of fact, I respect and appreciate your posts.

But in the end, I believe my post stating he should play and is innocent until proven guilty clearly shows my posts are not out of disdain but understanding how the law works.

Again, this is backed by my difference of opinion when mentioning Civil Trial. Cause, you obviously understand the difference. And, no that is not meant to be sarcastic.

i'm not.

i'm sure all this internal stuff is governed by the cba.

if they put him on the commish list he probably can't sue, there is likely an arbitration clause or some other non-judicial remedy.
And on the next episode of "As the World Turns" Watson claims his penis was abducted by aliens. ........lol.

Why would they say anything, regardless? It makes more sense from their perspective to keep options open until the last moment, as new information, or information we are not privy to uet may come to.light.
This is true

Injuries always in the equation with pretty much everybody. Theres also the fact that Watson didn't have is hip bone pushed through his pelvis.

Don't get me wrong I love Tua but truthfully could quickly get used to Watson who I consider now to be what Tua could hopefully be a few years from now or not

To me both equate to a win win situation just one is ready now....
Other than potentially character issues, Watson is already a top five quarterback in my opinion.

So I'd completely understand if Miami traded for him. Tua is still an unknown, but I do like his upside.

The other factor in a trade is Miami might be able to get him for less than before all the controversy.

Back
Top Bottom