Xavien Howard’s Future | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Xavien Howard’s Future

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
It’s looking like Howard is gonna sit out if we don’t make him the highest paid corner. If he manages to stay healthy he’ll be worth the money no doubt.

Obviously we could just make him happy and give him the money so we can keep our young and promising secondary together.

OR

We really do make a move for DeShaun Watson which is becoming more and more of possibility every day... Trading for Watson’s contract would make it hard to give Xavien what he wants. So we’d have to likely move him.

Obviously we can throw him in the package for Watson but would Houston want to build around him?

Tua
Howard
2021 1st (3)
2021 2nd (50)
2022 2nd
2022 3rd

For Deshaun Watson & 2022 4th

That’s a huge haul for Houston if they’re down to build their defense around Xavien Howard. If they want Howard included in the deal, I expect us to keep our original 2021 & 2022 1st round picks as well as one of our 2021 2nd round picks (preferably Houston’s 2nd)

What if Houston doesn’t want Howard and would prefer Tua and picks only

Tua
2021 1st (3)
2021 1st (18)
2021 2nd (50)
2022 2nd
2022 3rd

For Deshaun Watson

No way we give up three 1st for Watson. I believe we’ll still give Houston a huge haul of picks but I believe we can keep Houston’s 2021 2nd and our 2022 1st when it’s all said and done.

If that happened we’d have to find a new trade partner for Howard. I personally don’t think it’d be that hard to find a trade partner for Howard since he is arguably the leagues best Corner but what could we land?

2021 1st & 2022 1st?
2021 1st, 2021 2nd, & 2021 3rd?

If we have to trade a haul of picks for Watson, I can see us receiving a haul of picks for Howard.

All in all, I feel like we’re in for one hell of a ride this offseason!

Watson will reel in more than X based on Position alone. He is an instant franchise QB who is at the top with the biggest names. Value is based on need and as you stated both are at the top of their positions with the bonus of DW being young and with a friendly salary.

It’s looking like Howard is gonna sit out if we don’t make him the highest paid corner. If he manages to stay healthy he’ll be worth the money no doubt.

Obviously we could just make him happy and give him the money so we can keep our young and promising secondary together.

OR

We really do make a move for DeShaun Watson which is becoming more and more of possibility every day... Trading for Watson’s contract would make it hard to give Xavien what he wants. So we’d have to likely move him.

Obviously we can throw him in the package for Watson but would Houston want to build around him?

Tua
Howard
2021 1st (3)
2021 2nd (50)
2022 2nd
2022 3rd

For Deshaun Watson & 2022 4th

That’s a huge haul for Houston if they’re down to build their defense around Xavien Howard. If they want Howard included in the deal, I expect us to keep our original 2021 & 2022 1st round picks as well as one of our 2021 2nd round picks (preferably Houston’s 2nd)

What if Houston doesn’t want Howard and would prefer Tua and picks only

Tua
2021 1st (3)
2021 1st (18)
2021 2nd (50)
2022 2nd
2022 3rd

For Deshaun Watson

No way we give up three 1st for Watson. I believe we’ll still give Houston a huge haul of picks but I believe we can keep Houston’s 2021 2nd and our 2022 1st when it’s all said and done.

If that happened we’d have to find a new trade partner for Howard. I personally don’t think it’d be that hard to find a trade partner for Howard since he is arguably the leagues best Corner but what could we land?

2021 1st & 2022 1st?
2021 1st, 2021 2nd, & 2021 3rd?

If we have to trade a haul of picks for Watson, I can see us receiving a haul of picks for Howard.

All in all, I feel like we’re in for one hell of a ride this offseason!

No...

to your title - you spent 90% of it talking about hypothetical trades for Watson.

to your absurd proposals - you would have us return to 20 more years of mediocrity by selling our entire future...smdh

and to your valuation of X - only 2 out of 5 times has he played a full season and put up great stats. Weren't not getting a Jalen Ramsey haul for him.

You don't give up all that especially if tua and howard are involved in the trade. Those are top picks, so just a no.3 pick and then that's it. Can't give up all these picks or else we'll have Watson yet no talent around him

I would trade Howard for a 1st round pick immediately.
And how exactly do you plan to replace him? Our defense scheme needs 2 top flight man coverage corners and we have a legit pair. Maybe we can use the first we get for trading X to draft a player that can hopefully be as good as him one day?

The amount of roster churning some of you guys want is ridiculous...there has to be some stability!

I think this is the trade we should make for Watson

View attachment 62946

Surely since he is a " generational talent " he can make up all our deficiencies by trading away the whole offense, right ?

I really hate the whole “generational talent” talk. How is anyone a generational talent when every year there is a new generational talent.

Watson would definitely be an upgrade for us but way too costly. I’d trade X for a 1st and maybe another pick but I’m building through the draft.

And how exactly do you plan to replace him? Our defense scheme needs 2 top flight man coverage corners and we have a legit pair. Maybe we can use the first we get for trading X to draft a player that can hopefully be as good as him one day?

The amount of roster churning some of you guys want is ridiculous...there has to be some stability!

Iggy was a Grier 1st round pick. He’s got this.

Howard makes tons of money. If his ego is that fragile that he again needs to be the highest paid or he's going to hold out I show him the door and trade him for 2 1sts. Flores doesn't play on team first. Maybe the Texans want him and Tua for Watson, maybe they don't. The whole Watson thing is an unknown until at the earliest they get their HC and they see if they appease Watson.

I don’t think Howard holds the trade value some fans think. There was a reason the Patriots didn’t move Gilmore. CBs in their late 20s (Howard will be 28 all of next season) don’t have a lot of shelf life left to play at an elite level. Best case scenario is Howard plays at an All-Pro level another 1-2 seasons and that is only if he manages to stay healthy. Ramsey was still 24 (almost 25) when he was traded.

Besides trading X to the Texans. What other teams are in the market for an all-pro DB? If their contenders we can expect that pick to be in the 20’s range.

Back
Top Bottom