You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal

Rick 1966 said:
That's nothing but an excuse. The Pats won a SB in a year when they had a buttload of injuries and distractions. When injuries kill you, that means you didn't plan your personell decisions well enough.
We arent the Pats. That much is clear. However, if you don't think losing all those starters effect MOST teams at MOST levels....you are misinformed.

Most teams could not overcome all those injuries. Thats part of what we have to try to improve.

DOLFANMIKE said:
We arent the Pats.

The Pats aren't touched by an angel or blessed by God...they are the result of smart drafting and good coaching. No crap we aren't the Pats. We aren't anywhere NEAR the Pats...but at least we are starting to try to be a good team.

DOLFANMIKE said:
You make the assessment that our team "Sucked" back when we had Ricky. That simply shows that you have an axe to grind... you have no understanding of what is and is not a successful season in the NFL.

Look at our o-line. With or without Ricky, that o-line wasn't leading us anywhere.

That isn't an axe to grind.

And i know 4-12 ISN'T a successful season! :shakeno:

MikeO said:
So unless someone shares you opinion nobody can voice theirs!
Not at all. I'm sharing my opinion that you are negative all the time and have an axe to grind.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Not at all. I'm sharing my opinion that you are negative all the time and have an axe to grind.

lol. ok, whatever. I guess you missed my posts PRAISING the Surtain trade. PRAISING the idea that we draft Edwards. I praised the Saban hiring. lol, ok. Your an expert on me now! lol :roflmao: :roflmao:

I won't be negative though. I mean we were 4-12, lots of postive to talk about that.

Rick 1966 said:
The Pats aren't touched by an angel or blessed by God...they are the result of smart drafting and good coaching. No crap we aren't the Pats. We aren't anywhere NEAR the Pats...but at least we are starting to try to be a good team.

That's exactly right. And there are 31 other teams in the exact same position we are...trying to catch the Pats.

That doesnt change a thing about how injuries devastated us last season.
We lost:
Ricky W. retired with little or no warning. KEY position in our O
D. Boston..injured
McIntosh: played injured
T. Bo: injured
Chester: injured
Seau: injured
Zach: Missed games injured
Konrad: injured
Fielder and AJ, played injured
Gordon: Injured
Minor: Injured
Newson: Injured
Bell: Injured
Atkins: Injured

DOLFANMIKE said:
That's exactly right. And there are 31 other teams in the exact same position we are...trying to catch the Pats.

That doesnt change a thing about how injuries devestated us last season.
We lost:
Ricky W. retired with little or no warning. KEY position in our O
D. Boston..injured
McIntosh: played injured
T. Bo: injured
Chester: injured
Seau: injured
Zach: Missed games injured
Konrad: injured
Fielder and AJ, played injured
Gordon: Injured
Minor: Injured
Newson: Injured
Bell: Injured
Atkins: Injured

Those injuries have NOTHING to do with bad moves/trades.

Lamar Gordon=bad trade
AJ Feeley=bad trade
Vernon Carey pick=bad trade and bad draft pick
Reggie Howard=bad free agent signing

Injuries or not, those are BAD moves

Rick 1966 said:
That's nothing but an excuse. The Pats won a SB in a year when they had a buttload of injuries and distractions. When injuries kill you, that means you didn't plan your personell decisions well enough.

We did not have the depth that NE had, so don't compare the 2..you can only deal with the team the phins had and as you could see the depth wasn't there period..you plan the best you can and hope for the best, lets see you do it better without the 20/20 hindsight.

MDFINFAN said:
We did not have the depth that NE had

Yes...and the REASON we didn't have that depth was because of poor drafting and poor FA signing by Wannspeil.

MDFINFAN said:
We did not have the depth that NE had, so don't compare the 2..you can only deal with the team the phins had and as you could see the depth wasn't there period..you plan the best you can and hope for the best, lets see you do it better without the 20/20 hindsight.

Of course you compare the two. New England was prepared because they drafted well and made good personell moves. So when they had a rash of injuries they had guys ready to step in.

Miami didn't.

You can compare the two. Very easily.

MikeO said:
lol. ok, whatever. I guess you missed my posts PRAISING the Surtain trade. PRAISING the idea that we draft Edwards. I praised the Saban hiring. lol, ok. Your an expert on me now! lol :roflmao: :roflmao:

I won't be negative though. I mean we were 4-12, lots of postive to talk about that.

Praising the Surtain deal but knocking RS all in the same swipe. That's the point. You make the assessment that RS "Couldn't have anything to do with the deal" but you really don't know that...right?

Good to see you are coming around.

Good Thing Saban is around to handle all the great fans of Miami. We're a bigger problem than Spielman.

DOLFANMIKE said:
Ok. I'll go ahead and step in here. This constant negative myopicism is what got your other Miami Fan site where it is today (destroyed).

Yes, we were 4-12. However, the PRIMARY reason we were 4-12 is due to the HUGE amount of injuries we had. Did you forget about all those injuries? I think you must have. In fact, i'm not even going to go ahead and list all of them because anyone who follows the team understands how many STARTERS and key depth players we lost to injury. Losing all those key players wasnt anyone's fault. Not Wanny, Rick, or the players. It happens in a physical game.
You make the assessment that our team "Sucked" back when we had Ricky. That simply shows that you have an axe to grind... you have no understanding of what is and is not a successful season in the NFL. Most teams would love to finish at 10-5.
Making the playoffs is a good standard to have, and we certainly competed for that each year. Our record of 10-5 would get a team into the playoffs MOST NFL years. But failing to make the playoffs by a slight circumstance doesnt put us in the "Suck" category at 10-5. Sorry, that's not reasonable. Falling short due to odd circumstance doesn't make our team "Sucky".

By the way. Rick may or may not prove to be any good at what he does as a GM. However, he knows more about the game and personel than you ever will Dolfan. Keep that perspective next time you criticize him. It's easy to sit back after the fact and be critical. Anybody can do that.

Lets not turn this site into one like all those that have died by constantly being a loud back seat driver.

We were 4-12. Deal with it. Blaming injuries for that bad a record is like blaming the refs.... it probably contributed to the failure, but if we were a better team we would have found a way to overcome it. At least enough to post a .500 record or so.

The PRIMARY reason we had a losing season is that we were a poorly coached, undisciplined team with major holes in several key positions (QB, RB). The injuries were only a contributing factor.

MikeO said:

Lamar Gordon=bad trade
AJ Feeley=bad trade

It is waaaayyyyy toooooo soon to call these bad trades or moves, they might be the nucleus of our team for years to come..you have nothing to base that on at this point...

MikeO said:

Lamar Gordon=bad trade
AJ Feeley=bad trade

Backseat Driving.

Your point was we sucked, even when we had Ricky. My point was we didnt suck with Ricky and that injuries / defections put us in suck mode at 4-12.

By the way. Rick may or may not prove to be any good at what he does as a GM. However, he knows more about the game and personel than you ever will Dolfan. Keep that perspective next time you criticize him. It's easy to sit back after the fact and be critical. Anybody can do that.]{QUOTE]

Well I feel a lot better knowing that the GM of a professional football team has more knowledge than most of us

Back
Top Bottom