You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

You can tell Spielman had nothing to do with this deal

Mcduffie81 said:
Your posts always hit a nerve with me.....am i the only one?

I haven't even posted in this section of the message board in months.

Come on MikeO,

Who would you draft right now, with each of our picks, that is going to have the most impact, right off the bat, that will be available at the time we pick.

And you'd better include in that bit of prognostication csonideration of the draft picks who will step up for the injuries you're going to predict for us as well.

Figure out which players you're going to cut and trade for that will be available following the June 1st cuts that will be an upgrade over the play we'll get from our players from this roster you're going to assemble as well.

That's what you're expecting Spielman to do. So, until you can do it .......

DOLFANMIKE said:
Well, based on Saban decision to keep RS around, I'd say you are at odds with Nick Saban on that one. That was absolutely his and Wayne's call.

Well lets see how long Saban is here after the draft. I have a feeling Nick has him on a try-out period.

Not to mention I have NO PROBLEM with Rick since he now has ZERO power or control. If he wants to be Saban's coffer chaser, that is fine with me.

MikeO said:
What are we, on the job training? Getting better? We don't have time to hold someones hand and walk them through their job. This is big business.

So who are the can't miss draftees this year? Give me 10 names who are reout any doubt going to blow up the NFL this year?

What FA moves will be the best? Give me 10 FA's who's going to dominate in the NFL this year without a doubt. We'll come back to this post at the end of the season and see how good of a GM you are. Well, can be, you won't have a cap to deal with, so that should help.

Agua said:
Come on MikeO,

Who would you draft right now, with each of our picks, that is going to have the most impact, right off the bat, that will be available at the time we pick.

And you'd better include in that bit of prognostication csonideration of the draft picks who will step up for the injuries you're going to predict for us as well.

Figure out which players you're going to cut and trade for that will be available following the June 1st cuts that will be an upgrade over the play we'll get from our players from this roster you're going to assemble as well.

That's what you're expecting Spielman to do. So, until you can do it .......

My problem isn't with Spielman's draft picks. It's with trading for Gordon. Trading a draft pick to move up one spot to take Carey (if he stayed where he was and took Carey that would have been ok). AJ Feeley trade.

Why all the excuses for RS? He stunk last year. Other GM's do their job just fine, Spielman failed last year.

MDFINFAN said:
So who are the can't miss draftees this year? Give me 10 names who are reout any doubt going to blow up the NFL this year?

What FA moves will be the best? Give me 10 FA's who's going to dominate in the NFL this year without a doubt. We'll come back to this post at the end of the season and see how good of a GM you are. Well, can be, you won't have a cap to deal with, so that should help.

Im not qualified to do that. Go talk to the GM of the Giants, Rams, Chargers..etc

I am qualified to look at someones track record and make a judgement if THEY are qualified to make such moves though.

MikeO said:
I haven't even posted in this section of the message board in months.
Looks like you have your hands full with other annoyed posters so ill let you go....

MikeO said:
Look at our o-line last year. It was awful! Your telling me he couldn't start or even sniff the field? What, Taylor Whitley is so scary talented that everyone must take a back-seat to him? John St.Clair is so good that Vernon couldn't get playing time off of him?

Im not saying Vernon should have started from Week 1 on. Although letting him take his lumps on a bad team would have helped us now. But, by December Vernon should have cracked the starting lineup someplace. Hell, he damn near tried out at every position on the line last year and he stunk at all of them.
from what i've read, Vernon doesn't pick things up real quickly. I'm hoping that Coach H will find a way to get Carey into being a productive player for us. Vernon Carey was picked right in the area he was projected by most scouts to go last year. Based on our need at OL, I thought he was a good selection. If he continues to bust, we move on. He wasnt a reach by any stretch.

DOLFANMIKE said:
from what i've read, Vernon doesn't pick things up real quickly. I'm hoping that Coach H will find a way to get Carey into being a productive player for us. Vernon Carey was picked right in the area he was projected by most scouts to go last year. Based on our need at OL, I thought he was a good selection. If he continues to bust, we move on. He wasnt a reach by any stretch.

The selection wasn't bad. TRADING A 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to take him when he would have been there at our spot anyway..........that's bad!

Minnesota wasn't taking him. We feel for their bluff. :shakeno:

Agua said:
Coach, your wasting your virtual breath trying to ask some of these guys to use rational analysis. All they see is 4-12, nevermind the unprecedented and wholly unanticipated retirement of a league leading rusher a week before TC opens, all the injuries, the absolute NEED to rebuild an OL and get best QB upgrade you could, the departure of Norv Turner at the Senior Bowl (after OCs were GONE), Collier's nervous breakdown, and a rookie OC in Forrester. Spielman is to blame because he's associated with Wanny. That's the mentality of this lot. Thank God they aren't burdened with making decisions that affect others' lives beyond "which rag should I use to wax this fender?".
All excellent points. Not to mention 4 OC's in 3 years. No wonder our Offense and OL in particular was a mess.

There is so much to be excited about right now with this organization. It's a shame to see people want to focus on the past season when there were so many factors that played in our 4-12 season. Putting the blame on the coach and GM is short sighted.

MikeO said:
Im not qualified to do that. Go talk to the GM of the Giants, Rams, Chargers..etc

I am qualified to look at someones track record and make a judgement if THEY are qualified to make such moves though.

No, obviously, you aren't.

yankeehillbilly said:
We were 4-12. Deal with it. Blaming injuries for that bad a record is like blaming the refs.... it probably contributed to the failure, but if we were a better team we would have found a way to overcome it. At least enough to post a .500 record or so.

The PRIMARY reason we had a losing season is that we were a poorly coached, undisciplined team with major holes in several key positions (QB, RB). The injuries were only a contributing factor.

I agree. I just happen to think the injuries were the greatest contributing factor. After that I'd say 4 OC's in 3 years also had a major effect. Next IMO would be the poor play on the field. Dropped balls, missed blocks, poor tackling. Our scheme was basic but it had to be with the number of scrubbies we had on the field.

Well I feel a lot better knowing that the GM of a professional football team has more knowledge than most of us

Good. You should. Because based on some of the nonsense I see on this board at times I think you need reminding. Your post and attitude are perfect examples. Try to make your 14th post at FinHeaven a little better.

MikeO said:
The selection wasn't bad. TRADING A 4th round pick to move up 1 spot to take him when he would have been there at our spot anyway..........that's bad!

Minnesota wasn't taking him. We feel for their bluff. :shakeno:

Actually, if memory serves me correctly, the Vikings were telling the Fins that the Patroits were the ones who wanted to move up to their spot so that they could draft Carey. The Vikings "kindly" called Spielman and told them that if they didn't get Miami's 4th rounder that they would switch picks with NE. It's clear that Bellichick played us hard! He didn't need a Tackle and was perfectly content to take the BPA at his spot. He played us during games with Wanny as coach and he played us in drafts. That was his way of sabotaging us. The Vikes just went along with the ride so that they could get an extra pick...and Spielman and Wanny were desperate and stupid enough to go along with that game. The problem with those two is that the panic and make stupid mistakes...whether it's the draft, free agency or in a game situation. Sheesh.

Back
Top Bottom